R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-23-2007, 07:14 PM   #76
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Ummm, sensorless motors and ESCs are legal.

"8.7.5.1 Sensored or sensorless motors are allowed."

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:24 PM   #77
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDM View Post
Yes I agree, but during 0,00001 seconds. Nobody in the world can feel that. It is just theorectical.

And I can tell you that for guys with airlanes those low speed revolutions are more important that for cars. We in planes use direct drive to the shaft (mostly outrunner motors) and everybody seems to enjoy the propeller turning slowly has IC motor for taxiing on the ground.

In cars I use a final ratio usualy between 6 and 9:1 that means motor rotate 6 to 9 times and the wheels just one, so...no problem with those low revs
"State of the art" airplanes, the kind the military and commercial airlines use are turbine, why are you still playing with antiquated electric technology with your airplanes?

Turbines aren't used for street cars, Chrysler tried that once, had problems with the asphalt melting at traffic lights, yet we still use 100+ year old technology for passenger cars and trucks.

Some things that are "old" still work better in real life than the new technology.

ROAR is for racing, it isn't there job to bring in new people, the kit companies do that.

You knock ROAR rules for motors and batts, what about wheel base, min weight, ect? Who else is going to do it?
Old 11-24-2007, 03:18 PM   #78
PDM
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_O_jones View Post
Some things that are "old" still work better in real life than the new technology.

ROAR is for racing, it isn't there job to bring in new people, the kit companies do that.

You knock ROAR rules for motors and batts, what about wheel base, min weight, ect? Who else is going to do it?
Big confusion. A turbine is a diferent technology. In turbine you can use new or old tecnology, as you wish.

In electric motors you can use new or old technology, as you wish.

You say Roar is for racing, i say ROAR is to protect some manufacturers.

I would like to see ROAR rules just as that dimensions for cars and motors, no colors for wires no size to magnets inside motors, that in fact will just allow that manufacturer. You know what I mean. ROAR rules (brushless) are made to protect Novak and LRP that in fact have the worst material for the scale. If those rules do not aply who will use that material? Why you can not use a Hacker motor in your car? or Electronic Model, or Kontronic? just to name a few, they have the same sizes.

Look at the rules for 1:8 OffRoad and understand why they are so popular, they do not tell you the motors you may use, they don't tell the brand of fuel you can use...and so on. And most important they do not use tricks to achive that.
PDM is offline   Reply With Quote