R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2007, 12:23 PM   #31
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay70 View Post
If they legalize lipo, you will find another reason not to join, and another reason to be supercritical. It's your style.


Not true ....
I will however never buy obsolete disposable battery`s ever again....

Thus why should rejoin ?


Just waiting for now....
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:42 PM   #32
Tech Champion
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
Nova

No , and will never rejoin join unless I see a change for the better....


Legalize the Li-Po then , I`ll rejoin .....

Have been a member and supporter for year`s though .....

Thats the way things are ...

I`m just a normal R/c racer`s here the N/w...
Not a few just like me , but many ....


So I`m the majority , not the minority......

BDW
I understand your attitude all too well Ritchie ......
As a non-ROAR member your opinion means nothing... I do not want ROAR to even listen to anything you or any other NON-ROAR member have to say. ROAR is a non-profit organization and its people's choice whether or not to join. It should listen to its membership not to anyone who posts demands. It like the kid that says do it my way or I'm going home.

It's people like you that keep this hobby from growing and expanding to new racers. You think you are in the majority? Of what? Just because you have think you are the racers voice does not make it so. Being a member once is nice but what does that actually mean?

I left ROAR also but decidied to re-join it to help make it better. Some one told me to put you money where my mouth is so I did. It's so easy to be negative and stir up crap but its takes a real person with some fortitute to put themselves on the line.

And I really don't give a shit when you decide that ROAR is "good" enough for you to join again. The last 2 years it has turned the corner and going in the right direction without your support. I hope they don't lower themselves to your level of racer. As for a normal racer, sorry I don't know nor want to know anyone like you, most of the racers are more mature and act that way.
__________________
This is DICK!!! And you're NOT!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:57 PM   #33
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer View Post
As a non-ROAR member your opinion means nothing... I do not want ROAR to even listen to anything you or any other NON-ROAR member have to say. ROAR is a non-profit organization and its people's choice whether or not to join. It should listen to its membership not to anyone who posts demands. It like the kid that says do it my way or I'm going home.

It's people like you that keep this hobby from growing and expanding to new racers. You think you are in the majority? Of what? Just because you have think you are the racers voice does not make it so. Being a member once is nice but what does that actually mean?

I left ROAR also but decidied to re-join it to help make it better. Some one told me to put you money where my mouth is so I did. It's so easy to be negative and stir up crap but its takes a real person with some fortitute to put themselves on the line.

And I really don't give a shit when you decide that ROAR is "good" enough for you to join again. The last 2 years it has turned the corner and going in the right direction without your support. I hope they don't lower themselves to your level of racer. As for a normal racer, sorry I don't know nor want to know anyone like you, most of the racers are more mature and act that way.
Only can answer this way ....


I`v have tried to volunteer & help Roar events before, only to be slap down and told to go away....


Roar rep after Roar rep has had this attitude ....

Randy , Dawn, even you......


You say I`m immature , but I`m still trying to wake you guys up even though I receive more of the same ....


So
Who`s being the negative one ?


My money is my way of voting ...

because
I believe my vote will achieve nothing ....

Wake up , try harder to open your minds and hearts to suggestion`s ....

I been trying for years to get on the wagon , only to be pushed off each year.

Why I continue ?

Because I really believe Roar could be rebuilt and improved...
Is that so bad ?


You tell me ....
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:31 PM   #34
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,524
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer View Post
Thx for the email...

Billy Preston... Will it go round in circles... Nothing from Nothing...

The fifth Beatle....
winner, winner, now fly all the way to seattle and claim your prize..
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:53 PM   #35
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,524
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
Nova

No , and will never rejoin join unless I see a change for the better....


Legalize the Li-Po then , I`ll rejoin .....

Have been a member and supporter for year`s though .....

Thats the way things are ...

I`m just a normal R/c racer`s here the N/w...
Not a few just like me , but many ....


So I`m the majority , not the minority.......

BDW
I understand your attitude all too well Ritchie ......
no attitude, just bored with the same ole same ole.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #36
Tech Elite
 
vtl1180ny's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wrong Island
Posts: 4,963
Default

I don't know what the big deal with having to have your own personal transponder is... I have 2 of them!!! I'm too damn lazy to have to swap mine between cars when running 2 classes or to even worry about getting and returning the house transponder after each run... If I decide to run 3 classes someday, I'm going to buy another!!! I waste 100 bucks on many other worthless things and the resale on them is pretty good too...
__________________
I still lurk....
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:06 PM   #37
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer View Post
As a non-ROAR member your opinion means nothing... I do not want ROAR to even listen to anything you or any other NON-ROAR member have to say.
Not exactly a great attitude to have in my opinion. Already your excluding a vast majority or racers out there. Talk about tunnel vision. I guess if somebody's not in your "Klan", then they must be inferior and their thoughts and concerns are worthless! Gee, do all ROAR members/officials share the same attitude and beliefs as you?? And you wonder why ROAR is what it is today? Don't look for my renewal check in the mail anytime soon, because it won't be there.... ever!

Also.... GO Redskins!
John Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #38
Tech Champion
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
Only can answer this way ....


I`v have tried to volunteer & help Roar events before, only to be slap down and told to go away....


Roar rep after Roar rep has had this attitude ....

Randy , Dawn, even you......


You say I`m immature , but I`m still trying to wake you guys up even though I receive more of the same ....


So
Who`s being the negative one ?


My money is my way of voting ...

because
I believe my vote will achieve nothing ....

Wake up , try harder to open your minds and hearts to suggestion`s ....

I been trying for years to get on the wagon , only to be pushed off each year.

Why I continue ?

Because I really believe Roar could be rebuilt and improved...
Is that so bad ?


You tell me ....
OK, lets review what you have written... Until ROAR changes to the way I want them to I'm not joining them.
Every ROAR Rep has had an attitude towards you BTW, I am not a ROAR rep.
Trying to wake everyone one up... The chicken little syndrome.
Is your way of rebuilding something to to blow it up first?

You might want to think about trying a different approach....
__________________
This is DICK!!! And you're NOT!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:37 PM   #39
Tech Champion
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Warner View Post
Not exactly a great attitude to have in my opinion. Already your excluding a vast majority or racers out there. Talk about tunnel vision. I guess if somebody's not in your "Klan", then they must be inferior and their thoughts and concerns are worthless! Gee, do all ROAR members/officials share the same attitude and beliefs as you?? And you wonder why ROAR is what it is today? Don't look for my renewal check in the mail anytime soon, because it won't be there.... ever!

Also.... GO Redskins!
Klan? nope... ROAR officials and members speak for themselves... As a non-member why would you bother to tell them anything? I relate this to the same as not voting for our government... Don't want to take the time or effort to register and vote but complain the loudest when they don't like what's going on.

And I should have made it clearer that IN MY OPINION, that ROAR should listen to its members not take it for what it's worth on people who don't want to be a part of ROAR but complain about it in public forums. What value should be put on it?

Redskins, we agree on something..
__________________
This is DICK!!! And you're NOT!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #40
Tech Champion
 
C_O_jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wa.
Posts: 9,055
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
Only can answer this way ....


I`v have tried to volunteer & help Roar events before, only to be slap down and told to go away....


Roar rep after Roar rep has had this attitude ....

Randy , Dawn, even you......




It's unanimous, NOBODY likes or wants to be around you George!
And it's just not ROAR officials!
__________________
Bacon is Meat Candy
C_O_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:56 PM   #41
Tech Adept
 
ssc-rc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 204
Default

vote, not vote;
ROAR is greatly disappointed to announce that Gene Hickerson, the newly elected director for Region 4, has informed us that he will be unable to fulfill his official duties due to personal reasons. Making this known now rather than after officially taking office January 1 will certainly provide more time in selecting a new director and this consideration is much appreciated.
Gary Tuttle was second highest elected and then an decision was made not by any of the people who voted.
so does it matter?it was just not real clear to me how it all worked.nothing against anyone
ssc-rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:04 PM   #42
Tech Champion
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssc-rc View Post
vote, not vote;
ROAR is greatly disappointed to announce that Gene Hickerson, the newly elected director for Region 4, has informed us that he will be unable to fulfill his official duties due to personal reasons. Making this known now rather than after officially taking office January 1 will certainly provide more time in selecting a new director and this consideration is much appreciated.
Gary Tuttle was second highest elected and then an decision was made not by any of the people who voted.
so does it matter?it was just not real clear to me how it all worked.nothing against anyone
Don't know what the bylaws are but in US elections when an official resigns its not automatic that the second highest vote getter get the job...
__________________
This is DICK!!! And you're NOT!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:08 PM   #43
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,049
Default

Well for what it's worth, I was a member for many, many years as well as the owner/director of a relatively large ROAR sanctioned track for almost ten years. My problem is simply this..... It's the fact that nothing seems to change no matter what the circumstances. If ROAR is supposed to be for the racers, then why doesn't the racers input matter to ROAR? Back when I first got involved in RC racing, I was proud to be ROAR member, today.... not?

Anyway, I've already put more into this than it's worth.
John Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:16 PM   #44
Tech Adept
 
ssc-rc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 204
Default

I'm not saying the second person should automatically get the job, but nobody was heard someone somehow said this is how it's going to be .To me that's not right. so does your vote really count? it's a dead issue I guess.But if that kinda thing can happen once it can happen over and over and the people in charge have all the say.
ssc-rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:53 AM   #45
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Warner View Post
Well for what it's worth, I was a member for many, many years as well as the owner/director of a relatively large ROAR sanctioned track for almost ten years. My problem is simply this..... It's the fact that nothing seems to change no matter what the circumstances. If ROAR is supposed to be for the racers, then why doesn't the racers input matter to ROAR? Back when I first got involved in RC racing, I was proud to be ROAR member, today.... not?

Anyway, I've already put more into this than it's worth.
For whats its worth , thank you for trying .....


Nova , best of luck with your efforts in getting Roar racer`s to vote....

Enjoy your Hard Day`s Night .......
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ROAR Officer Election Ballot - deadline 11/15/07 C_O_jones Northwest Racers 27 11-15-2007 09:39 AM
ROAR Officer Election Ballot - deadline 11/15/07 Dawn Sanchez Nitro On-Road 2 10-11-2007 09:49 PM
ROAR Officer Election Ballot - deadline 11/15/07 Dawn Sanchez Nitro Off-Road 1 10-10-2007 05:06 PM
ROAR Officer Election Ballot - deadline 11/15/07 Dawn Sanchez Electric Off-Road 0 10-10-2007 10:04 AM
ROAR Election Ballot available Dawn Sanchez Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 0 10-13-2006 09:59 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:13 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net