Wiki Posts
Search

xray t2 problems??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default xray t2 problems??

Hello all I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask.. Newbie here with some car setup questions..

I read through my xray setup book and manual but couldn't find any trouble shooting tips..

I have a t2 007 that had been switched to the standard t2 bulkheads and top plate with the standard Hard arms.. Car is running OK but I'm having some problems with the car pulling..

Car is setup with the 2 degree front c hubs and everything else stock..
futaba 9351 servo
Lrp esc
novak 13.5 ss

I'm running a front one way with stock diff in the back..

I originally was having problems with off throttle oversteer.. I corrected that by reducing the drag brake to 0-1..

Now I'm having issues with the car pulling to one side or the other.. Under moderate accelleration the car tracks perfectly straight.. Under hard accelleration it pulls slightly to the left.. Under decelleration it pulls to the right..

Any tips on where to start?
Old 10-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

well your running a oneway that means your car will feel like it wants to drift and that might be the case. also check your chassis tweak, droop and ride height in that order. ialso you might want to check on binding. a bearing might be shot and that might back it pull. but if its not to extreme then i could just be that your not used to the oneway. so you could also try switching the multi diff to the solid spool. after all that and its still doing it maybe try and switch it to the solid spool and see how it acts.

oh also , never use breaks with a oneway... the car will go right around
Old 10-09-2007, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just had a very similar issue...mine turned out to be a bearing issue, if you have not checked yours in while this could most definately cause a problem...chekcing to make sure your droop and ride height are correct will go a long way as well. As the previsou poster stated you might check to see if the chasis is tweaked...are you missing any screws?
Old 10-09-2007, 08:29 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah on deceleration you're getting uneven drag from the rear of the car which will cause it to pull. You need to learn to drive the car without slowing down much, basically. Most people not only reduce their drag brake to 0% but also add a little forward roll to the car.

If it isn't a bearing that's causing the pulling issue accelerating it can also be a slipping one way bearing. If one side is slipping a bit the other will over drive and cause it to pull that direction. Clean out the one way and put a couple of drops of oil in it.

Everytime I've had issues with my T2 pulling it's been because of a bearing that's a bit tighter than the others. Typically a front hub or rear hub inner has failed.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info everyone.. I went through all the steering last night and it seemed OK.. I will go through the bearings tomorrow when I get a chance.. What I did notice though was that my servo doesn't return to center after turning to a full right lock.. It stays slightly right.. From a full left lock it returns perfectly centered.. If the car is up in the air it will return to center both directions..

Droop and ride height were both OK.. I don't have a tweak station so that will be next on the list...
Old 10-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

well if its doesnt return to center then that will most deff will be giving you that floating feeling. one of mine is that way... i have just learned to drive it down the straight... lol... so that and your oneway might be most of that issue
but still check the other things we mentioned as well
Old 10-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks FJ... I might try another servo saver and some new ball joints.. I'm not sure what else to do....