Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Shock Rebound, WHat Is The Effect? >

Shock Rebound, WHat Is The Effect?

Like Tree7Likes

Shock Rebound, WHat Is The Effect?

Old 10-25-2018, 11:33 PM
Tech Adept

I've drilled 0.6 mm holes in the shock-cap effectively removing any pressure build up in the shock. (capricorn c803 normal bores). When I close the shocks after refilling I try to make sure the shaft is in neutral position (position of the shaft when mounted on the car). So the only rebound force whether it's up or down comes from the bladder and proofs to have no visible influence when testing the shocks. The good thing about the shock cap holes it's very very easy to build equal shocks fast and consistent. The downside may be I've got no rebound in either direction but is that really a downside? Note: I only drove 1/8 onroad.

cheers

w.
Old 10-26-2018, 02:36 AM
Tech Regular

Does anyone make these for TC yet?
https://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/products/proddesc.php?prod_id=6867&kategoria=0
Old 10-26-2018, 04:42 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LzREngineering View Post
why are you planning to do jumps with your TC?
Old 10-26-2018, 05:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post

But on a serious note pretty much all full size on road cars (Including TCs) have at least 2 way adjustable damping and with today's improved manufacturing it shouldn't be a problem to make accurate leaf springs at this size.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
The reasons real cars have them, are the same reasons our cars should. The damping you need to control chassis rebound is wildly different from damping 1.5lbs of chassis from crashing into the floor.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Is rebound really that vital?

If you think about the shock designs. It's more likely that rebound was there as an after thought due to the design contraints of rc shocks (need some way to seal the shock, and some volume.compensation method).

There are Rc shocks designed without rebound and work equally well... Such as the t-shocks from ame, the through shocks from the mts touring car, and of course the rotary dampers from awesomatrix. None of these have rebound because they do not have to compensate for volume decrease in the damper body.

I'll hazard to say that the emulsion shocks used by off roaders also work decently well.

​​​​​but our hobby does provide a lot of tinkering potential.

Alexandee