Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
what's the best electric sedan out there? >

what's the best electric sedan out there?

what's the best electric sedan out there?

Old 04-20-2008, 12:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default what's the best electric sedan out there?

hey guys i usually run nitro sedan. But lately i've been thinking about buying an electric so what kind of car should i get? do you guys have any suggestions?
Old 04-20-2008, 02:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

you are gonna get some many different answers

no brand is really better than anyother, they just have different positives

personally i like xray (especially the 008) easy to work on, durable and handle great but parts are expensive as.

the best idea is to go to ur LHS and track and see what everyones running

hope that helps
Old 04-20-2008, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

look above!

everything Pie_Robot just said but Schumacher Mi3
Old 04-20-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pie_robot
the best idea is to go to ur LHS and track and see what everyones running
+1
Old 04-20-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Yes I agree with the above, go to your local shop and track to see what they support and race. I personally like the Corally or X-Ray for carpet, and the Tamiya or TC-5 for asphalt.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
Yes I agree with the above, go to your local shop and track to see what they support and race. I personally like the Corally or X-Ray for carpet, and the Tamiya or TC-5 for asphalt.
i just got a tamiya and hope to run it today. everybody says they are great here.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

Not again
Old 04-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You know does weather or not your LHS stocks your parts matter anymore with the invention of the internet and UPS.....I will vote for Xray cause I used to be the guy who said there isnt any one brand better than the other but I was wrong....Parts costs there is a difference there is everyone else and then there is associated and losi who are cheaper and more avalible at your LHS...However who cares the internet allows you to order in bulk and get it the next day....Now I am not saying screw your LHS by any means you should always try to shop where you race and race where you shop...Quality and persicion go XRAY or corally
Old 04-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Adept

i found some great deals on rctech its mostly tc5 what do you guys think about the tc5?
Old 04-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

TC5...fast out of the box.
Parts are easy to get and they are cheaper than most.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I would do some research.....But a good deal is always hard to pass up....right now you can probably get any T/C roller you wanted for 250 or under despite newly realesed models like 008 and 416 or phi.....check ebay...or buy the TC5......Its all up to ypu in the long run...
Old 04-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

personnally i like xray because they are a very reliable car i have had two dnf and that was due to a battery problem and a pinion fell off the motor. but it really depends on what you lhs has in stock. also if you can get a second hand sedan rtr as a package they can be good deals and can be found on ebay.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

its not like you have to get the popular car at your local track, ok great it has parts support and a hot setup has already been found, big deal?

Why not be different? get something totally different than what everyone is using and find a setup that works for you. Have the shop order you parts.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
its not like you have to get the popular car at your local track, ok great it has parts support and a hot setup has already been found, big deal?

Why not be different? get something totally different than what everyone is using and find a setup that works for you. Have the shop order you parts.
+1... dont be a follower... be a leader!

Idk how many times ive been asked what car I have... Someone thought it was a Yokomo... It's a Tamiya ta05 with a 3racing graphite chassis
Old 04-21-2008, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo

IS THIS the reason Xray gets beat up for having a loyal following, because everyone else and their mother has an Xray?

Come on now, he asked, "what's the best electric sedan". Advising to go against the grain does not answer his question, nor is it good advice.

Anyway, LHS support does mean something UNLESS you are already prepared to buy extra parts from a special order through your LHS or from an internet reseller.

As for Xray, hardly anyone on here will tell you Xray sucks, just the opposite. Practically anyone that has owned an Xray sedan in the last several years will tell you that they are durable cars. YES, parts are more expensive, but you will break fewer parts overall which thus negates the cost parts comparison completely.

Over the last 3-months, the only Xray parts I've needed are 1-front suspension arm, and 1-suspension holder, total cost = $11.00.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.