R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-08-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ansmann On road racing?

hi all, i noticed the ansmann racing virus 1/8th buggy was he same as a ho Bao/ofna 7 buggy, so i wondered if their onroad car, the ARE 1 was the same as anything else currentley on the market. i think they make OEM models once the company originally making them designs a new one.

http://www.ansmann.de/cms/no_cache/e...%5Bpid%5D=9385

thanks,
joe

Last edited by joe of loath; 10-24-2007 at 06:00 AM.
joe of loath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:55 AM   #2
Tech Elite

well, ok what does everyone think of it? should i consider it or just go with something a bit more well known? bearing in mind my LHS only really stocks heli and plane parts.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:15 AM   #3
Woz
Tech Apprentice

i must say, they're nice cars for the money. Im not totally sure about the changes you can make to the handling of the car but from looking at one about 2 - 3 weeks ago i can't fault it. All you have to do m8 if you LHS doesn't support it, take to him the part numbers of the parts you need and ask him to order the list for you. To start out these are great little cars. Much like th Tamiya TT01 in respect, encased geared diffrentials and drive shaft design. Comes with a silvercan motor. If you really want to, it comes RTR also. Great car to get into RC touring.

For the price m8, can't fault it.
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:04 AM   #4
Tech Champion

I wouldnt have any hesitation in buying one for my son when he's old enough, but I wouldnt see it as a competitive car.

If you were consistant enough, it might do OK as a club racer, in stock class

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:54 AM   #5
Tech Elite

well, its cheaper than the tt01, so guess what i'm getting i wonder if i can use aftermarket bodies..
Old 10-15-2007, 07:54 AM   #6
Tech Apprentice

of course you can use after market bodies it's just a mater of drilling the holes im sure your lhs will do em for you if you ask but yer it does look alot like a tto1 almost exactly the same.
khubner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:59 AM   #7
Tech Elite

well if its a TT01 but cheaper then thats what i'm getting. tamiya is overpriced. no. RC is overpriced in the UK. in the US you can pay £75 for an RTR car
Old 10-24-2007, 06:38 AM   #8
Tech Champion

Beware of the bodyshells though- they crack easily on the front, going into the front wheel arches and the rear wing isnt strong. A friend of mine has seen two of these shells go bad very quickly on a race meeting

They sound a bit on the weak/thin side!

For durability and price, the ta05 is probably better overall. Yes a little more expensive, but much more durable i'd say. Even the TT01 is quite good, but you will need to upgrade parts earlier than if you have a ta05.

If you want a CHEAP car though, the Annsman is the better option. Not having used one though, I cant vouch on their overall durability.

They both have their good points so think seriously about you want from your cash

Old 10-24-2007, 08:11 AM   #9
Tech Adept

i am currently building a tao5 from tamiya to suit lipo batteries,have not had a problem with fit or finish yet.the only thing i have left to do is fit electricals,body,body post.
parts are a good price and nearly everybody sells them you cant beat that,the annasman car looks like model engines electric car with a green plate on it
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:18 AM   #10
Tech Elite

well, ACTUALLY i guess it will be the TA01 actually, since the parts are cheap and plentiful. and bodyshells? you can't go cheaper than nikko bodyshells, and guess whats on my rally car? i have to drill holes at the end of all my cracks to stop them splitting the whole thing in half. i would go for the TA05, but i don't trust my driving enough to be abel to keep it in one peice, and at the extortionate price it is i think i'll hold off for a while, and indulge in some better electronics.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:43 AM   #11
Tech Champion

Thats fair enough, the ta05 is much more of a car than a ta01 and that why the price reflects it.

I have had nothing *touch wood* break on my ta05 from April and its been raced usually once a week. The only time was I thought I had broken the differential and the only thing that had happened was the differential screw had come undone with the force of the impact. They are STRONG!

The downside in a cheaper car is that it isnt usually up to par with proper "racers" cars and is only remotely possible by throwing a lot of cash at them. If you decide racing is your thing youve just blown a lot of money on an inadequate car

Thats the reason behind careful consideration from the word go...

Old 10-24-2007, 08:51 AM   #12
Tech Elite

yeah i agree, but i won't be doing anything too competitive for a while, and anyway i want to upgrade and turn the TA01 into a rally car to replace my totally inadaquate 1/14th one.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:09 AM   #13
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe of loath View Post
yeah i agree, but i won't be doing anything too competitive for a while, and anyway i want to upgrade and turn the TA01 into a rally car to replace my totally inadaquate 1/14th one.

The trouble with a lot of on road cars is that they wont have enough ground clearance even with bigger shocks, so make sure you know what youre letting yourself in for before you get anything. No one likes getting stung!

Old 10-24-2007, 09:15 AM   #14
Tech Elite

the ta01 is a favourite to turn into a rally car. theres a thread that a guy made, and it shows step by step what he did.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:20 AM   #15
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe of loath View Post
the ta01 is a favourite to turn into a rally car. theres a thread that a guy made, and it shows step by step what he did.
sounds like you know what to do and how to do it, sorted!