Search

help regarding radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 12:39 AM
sup
Tech Addict

Unhappy help regarding radio

help!

i have a problem, i just installed electronics to my r/c but my radio seems to malfunction. radio is a 3pdf. throttle works well but steering does not work. have been reading the manual and putting all setting to factory setting and noticed that the steering d/r does not (cannot) be adjusted. i dont know if the receiver or the transmitter is the problem
Old 05-16-2003, 12:47 AM
Tech Adept

Ok so what actually happens when u try to turn left and right.
Do the wheels judder or dont they move at all?

Ive had the same sort of prob, hich was the wire plugged into the reciever the wrong way round.

Also if the speed controller is plgged round the wrong way then the electronics will muck up.

Give us more info on what you connected and what other gea u are using.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:55 AM
sup
Tech Addict

using a novak explorer 2. when i turn on the esc, the wheels dont shudder or anything. they just turn full right and is stuck that way.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sounds like your servo wasn't centered when you put the connecting arm on it. Try removing the plastic arm on the front of the steering servo, turn all the electronics on, then put the arm back on where the steering is centered.

Hope that helps...
Old 05-18-2003, 06:56 PM
sup
Tech Addict

tried that too atOmic but still the same results. tried switching receivers with it but still the same results. i hope the problem is with the servo though. will be visiting my LHS later to let them check my electronics. more views and opinions on this topic will be greatly appreciated! thanks!
Old 05-19-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Remember these things when you center your servo:
When your re-installing the servo horn make sure your transmitter is on and there is a battary with some charge in your car and your reciever is on.
Also make sure that your transmitter steering trim is set at nuetral. If your radio system is not on when you install the servo horn, when you turn your car and radio on your servo will move to the position the steering trim on the transmitter is at.
Also make sure that your sub-trim is at nuetral if you have one on your radio system. Hope you figure it out.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:32 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

i have had this happend before , it turned out to be the servo gears were bad. try to hook up with anther servo see if does the same thing...
Old 05-19-2003, 07:20 PM
sup
Tech Addict

fixed! ..fixed the problem up yesterday, consulted a couiple of our local racers and their suggestions worked. same suggestion as recerdx6. thanks guys!
Old 05-20-2003, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

It's always nice when you have electronic problems and then find out it's something simple and you don't need to buy anything new!