R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Novak GT7 or Cyclone TC2? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/18405-novak-gt7-cyclone-tc2.html)

racerdx6 05-17-2003 04:24 PM

Novak GT7 or Cyclone TC2?

I'm saving up for a 1/12 scale car and when I was looking at the esc specs on the Novak site I noticed that the GT7 has more resistance than the TC2. I can get a TC2 for $10 less than I could get a GT7. Is the GT7 still better because it's easier to set up and you don't need a pit-wizard to program it. It's also smaller. So what do you guys think, should I get the TC2 or the GT7? Which one do you prefer?

skyking 05-17-2003 04:46 PM

I have both I really can't tell the difference only thing is that capacitor on the gt7 is in the way sometimes the clips that attach dont always hold on to the speed control .. I still like it though:nod:

Flyer 05-17-2003 05:17 PM

GT 7.............

Joneser 05-17-2003 06:56 PM

12th scale

for 12th scale you should definately go with the GT-7 if that is what your choosing between. You have a significant weight savings with the gt7 and it is probably a little smoother (which is one thing people complain about with the GT7 in a touring car.

THeGame 05-17-2003 08:00 PM

GT7

YEs get the GT 7

STLNLST 05-18-2003 06:34 AM

for 12th scale it all depends what you're looking for. Me personally I didn't like the GT7. Most of the racers in my area switched back to the TC2 after running the GT7....but this was in touring cars not 12th scale. It's a smooth speedo but lacked the punch I was use to with the TC2.

racerdx6 05-18-2003 04:22 PM

I think I'll go with the GT7.
STLNLST- Mabey you had it on a different throttle program? I don't know. I know a bunch of people at my track run the GT7 and they seem to like it. Thanks for the help! :D

STLNLST 05-18-2003 07:25 PM

we all tried every program the speedo had to offer. It lacks the punch that the TC2 has. If it works for you then I say keep truckin';)

racerdx6 05-18-2003 08:33 PM

I'm not trying to say didn't find the TC2 to have more punch than the GT7, I'm just trying to figure out why you found that out. I totally believe you. Here are a couple ideas that may be the reason for why you found that, mabey your exponential (spelling?) was set differently on your radio, or mabey none of the throttle programs on the gt7 have the exact same settings as on the tc2. Thanks for the help! :D

Joneser 05-18-2003 08:41 PM

racer

I think that what he is finding is pretty consistant with what many others have found. It may be the reason that many of the sponsored guys are getting updated speedos with a special diode soldered in? It is a good speedo for 12th scale....although you could go lighter with the Quantum and you dont have to run the capacitor. IF you are a Novak loyalist then I would say it is the way to go for 12th. I like their products too but I switched to the Quatum because my car was a PIG

racerdx6 05-18-2003 08:47 PM

I like Novak more. I don't know why, but I just do. The Quantum is also about 20 bucks more than the GT7. Thanks for the help! :D

STLNLST 05-19-2003 04:30 AM

That's the one good thing I liked about novak........they came out with an updated speedo and kept the price the same while LRP went way up on the price. Their prices have fallen some since the quantum first came out but it's still more than the novaks. I now run the Keyence which (IMO) is a TC2 with more options and no pitwizard required.

KREATOR1 01-14-2004 05:25 PM

novak TC2 question

hi guys,

Im runing the novak TC2 cyclone. Have problem setting the ESC.
what happen if you set the ESC to full brake.
And also what happens if no brake.