R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/18341-racing.html)

tdragon 05-16-2003 12:58 PM

racing

whats a good car out of the box for racing?

sosidge 05-16-2003 02:02 PM

Lots of cars, depends on your budget, but I would say an Associated TC3 Racer or a Yokomo MR-4 Custom are the best choices, good value and work well.

THeGame 05-16-2003 02:32 PM

there all just about the same....

Go to your hobby shop and see what car they stock the most parts for , and get that car. thats if your a newbe to Rc...

mr. chicken 05-16-2003 02:40 PM

XXX-s rtr looks good. It seems a little pricey though. Has great electronics out of the box. All of the parts are interchangable with the kit.

CRASH 05-17-2003 07:42 AM

The Losi XXX-S RTR is supperior to the Associated TC3 RTR. But both cars are extremely competitive. If you are not on a tight budget then go to your local hobby shop see what the top drivers are running and get their opinions as well.

I have had the XXX-S and the TC3, and for me the TC3 is much faster right out of the box. That is the XXX-S Graphite Plus vs the FTTC3. The XRAY is also an excellent car right out of the box. They also have their new sport version out which is an outstanding car as well.

Hope this helps,

Later:)

Steevo 05-17-2003 05:06 PM

My vote is with the TA04R from Tamiya for the budget consious racer. It is a good performer and is as solid as a rock. It also has plenty of good bits included in the box. Another Quality consideration would be the Xray T1R.

At the other end of the scale I would recommend the TA04TRF, TRF414MII, TB Evo III or Xray Evo2 ...

Sure there are other cars well worth considering but these are my picks....

Steevo:tire:

racerdx6 05-18-2003 05:07 PM

I wouldn't get the TC3 racer. It comes with very crappy bearings. I don't like them at all. And I've never been able to get a cover off on one of them to reduce friction with out damaging the bearing. But niether has any one else who has tried. Any one here had any good experiance with that? So if your going to get a kit tc3, get the team kit, it comes with nicer bearings. Or get the racer and get a nicer bearing kit. Other low budget choices: X-ray T1R, xxx-s, I can't think of any other low budget car that I would really consider. I don't like the cheep Tamiya's at all. They are very noisy, don't have a lot of tuning options, and they are very noisy again. If you got one of the more inexpensive Tamiya kits your probably going to upgrade from it later so it might just end up being a waste of money. Just my 2 cents.

Steevo 05-18-2003 06:07 PM

Originally posted by racerdx6
I don't like the cheep Tamiya's at all. They are very noisy, don't have a lot of tuning options, and they are very noisy again. If you got one of the more inexpensive Tamiya kits your probably going to upgrade from it later so it might just end up being a waste of money. Just my 2 cents.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats a absolute Joke of a statement.
Both My Tamiya TA04R and Tamiya TB Evo II consistantly beat equally talented drivers using the Xray Evo 2 and TC3's...
And my Evo II is one of the quietest cars on the track... You obviously have no Idea. The current New Zealand Champion drives a Tamiya TB Evo II and leaves TC3's, Xrays and Losi's in his wake.
In any magazine comparison Tamiya's are always voted one of the best made cars on the market no matter what magazine you read.

racerdx6 05-18-2003 06:32 PM

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I meant that I didn't like the inexpensive beginner Tamiya's. Most of them are belt drive, I'm not sure what the names of them are because they are so similer. I know one of them comes with a factory painted corvette body. The high quality Tamiya's like the evo2 and the evo3 are excellent cars. My buddy has a evo III and it is one of the smoothest drive chains I've ever felt or heard. It's very quiet. When I said "I don't like the cheep Tamiya's at all", what I ment was I didn't like the inexpensive Tamiya beginner kits. Sorry about the confusion.

IMPACTPLAYR 05-18-2003 07:27 PM

Racerdx6- your still mistaken, it's the TL series of Tamiya cars that is noisy, and they are shaft driven... the TA belt drive cars are quite quiet, ad the TA04-R is a quite capable car.... Also to remove the sheilds from the racer bearings all you have to do is remove the clip that holds it in.....

My personnal choice of cars is .....
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

HAHAHA... Losi XXX-S G+, it s the most cost effiecient racer, and I find it to be very easy to drve and tune.....

But also have to give props to.....

TA04-R
414M2
FT TC3
X-ray EVO2 FOC
TB evo 2

racerdx6 05-18-2003 08:02 PM

I'll just keep my mouth shut from now on about those Tamiya cars since I don't know much about them :o . I know there are some people at my track who have the inexpensive tamiya kits and they are quite noisy. Not to quick either. I'm pretty sure they're belt driven, but I'll check to see if they're shaft driven. All I really want to say is that I personally don't like the in-expensive Tamiya kits. I have an old racer kit, one of the first ones without droop screws. I am 100% positive that my bearings don't have any clip. Mabey they changed the bearings to something of a higher quality now. But my bearings don't have any clips to hold it on. I would show you if I could.

Steevo 05-18-2003 08:19 PM

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I meant that I didn't like the inexpensive beginner Tamiya's. Most of them are belt drive, I'm not sure what the names of them are because they are so similer. I know one of them comes with a factory painted corvette body. The high quality Tamiya's like the evo2 and the evo3 are excellent cars. My buddy has a evo III and it is one of the smoothest drive chains I've ever felt or heard. It's very quiet. When I said "I don't like the cheep Tamiya's at all", what I ment was I didn't like the inexpensive Tamiya beginner kits. Sorry about the confusion.
OK I'll Give you that.. I am not a huge fan of the TL-01 myself but it certainly has its market :D

Steevo 05-18-2003 08:22 PM

I'll just keep my mouth shut from now on about those Tamiya cars since I don't know much about them :o . I know there are some people at my track who have the inexpensive tamiya kits and they are quite noisy. Not to quick either. I'm pretty sure they're belt driven, but I'll check to see if they're shaft driven. All I really want to say is that I personally don't like the in-expensive Tamiya kits. I have an old racer kit, one of the first ones without droop screws. I am 100% positive that my bearings don't have any clip. Mabey they changed the bearings to something of a higher quality now. But my bearings don't have any clips to hold it on. I would show you if I could.
I think we all forgive you now:smile:

racerdx6 05-18-2003 08:24 PM

Thanks! :D ;)