Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Old 04-30-2006, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AngryAsian
Is hotbodies a subsidiary of HPI?
Subsidiary. They are both owned by the same guy and they recently moved into the same building.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

But why would they bother with having a subsidiary competing with their own parent company?
Wouldn't it make sense just to have HPI?? - hot bodies would require more resources to run alongside HPI. Or rather, it takes more effort and resources to have two competing brands..

I know Hara drives for hotbodies... but at the expense of HPI not having won any large races of late..
Old 05-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Those are typical questions about why would anyone have a subsidiary. Usually, the brands are differentiated in some way like Honda (economical), Acura (luxury). Now that HPI no longer makes the Pro4, one could argue that HPI is the bashing line and HB is the racing line, although, the R40 and Hellfire put a small glitch in that theory.

As for Hara, he’s still considered an HPI driver. The difference between the two companies is smaller in Japan.

http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/setup/index.html

Just my 2 pennies.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

hpi no longer makes pro4???
Old 05-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

LoL... i suppose i should have made myself more clear.
But it is your latter point that really confuses me!
I would understand if there was a clear distinction or specialization between the two entities. But there doesn't seem to be!

Not only that, but i always thought hot bodies WAS the basher brand. The e-zilla, their line of identical trucks and monster trucks.. then suddenly the cyclone. Someone made a mistake and send the prototype to the wrong department!!

It's a free for all between the two brands that can't really be all that good for them. Imagine running marketing for TWO brands in house rather than one. Or trying to gain sales without detracting from the other...

Then again, i'm no economics student..

Oh... and no more pro4?! not even the hara?
Old 05-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks guys!

Just wondering, what is the motor limit for the PRO 4? Ofcourse my esc has no motor limit...Thanks!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by movingparts
Thanks guys!

Just wondering, what is the motor limit for the PRO 4? Ofcourse my esc has no motor limit...Thanks!
Ive been running the gtb with the 4.5 brushless motor with no problems at all
Old 05-01-2006, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

Oh... and no more pro4?! not even the hara?
You know what I meant. 8)
Old 05-02-2006, 01:25 AM
Tech Addict

LoL.. sorry i'm a bit in the dark actually...

ARE they discontinuing the pro4?!? completely..

so i take it JUSt the hara will be available? From when? Now?
Old 05-02-2006, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey guys

Just a quick question, has any one had any experience running ashpalt rubber with the 3mm bottom deck and 2.5 top deck???

i picked up my pro4 with those decks installed but i was thinking of trying my luck at asphalt rubber racing in stock. i usually run foam.

I've yet to really experiment with this car so i cant speak from my own experience but has anyone run rubbers successfully with the stiff decks or do they just not have the grip needed???

cheers for your help

Robbie
Old 05-02-2006, 04:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

XRAY RACER,

I run a Pro 4 with the same deck/top deck set up you mentioned on rubber tires.

I have found that by running a very soft set up I get unbelievable traction and steering.

I use 30 wgt oil in all shocks, 4.5-5.0 mm ride height (smooth track) medium front spring and very soft rear spring (couldn't tell you the rates as I dont know myself, sorry) 1mm droop rear, 1.5mm droop front, double shims on front upper linkages, Outer hole lower arm and second outer hole bulkhead front, second outer hole lower arm and inner hole bulkhead rear.1 deg toe out front and using the 3 degree toe in block rear. Neutral kick up and anti dive (standard factory settings)

At the moment Im using Sorex 28R no addatives or warmers. Stratus 3.0 body

I must say that the above set up is for a very smooth track and at this time I'm running 540 and Stock. I have used this set up with an extra .5mm added to the ride height for a rough but high grip track and it worked a charm.

I too race an Xray and I must say, the Pro 4 with this set up has been out cornering and out manouvering my competition but i have been struggling with gear ratios a little.

If you start at this point I'm sure you will find the car very fast and with minor adjustments to suit your driving style, you could be resting the Xray for a while.

I have been racing shaft cars for just over 1.5 years now and just started racing a belt car to see what all the fuss is. It is really important that you drive the car as smoothly as possible when it come to throttle. A shaft car is instant respones and doesn't forgive ratty throttle action.

I hope this helps you out mate, good luck
Old 05-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zacabrandy
XRAY RACER,

I run a Pro 4 with the same deck/top deck set up you mentioned on rubber tires.

I have found that by running a very soft set up I get unbelievable traction and steering.

I use 30 wt oil in all shocks, 4.5-5.0 mm ride height (smooth track) medium front spring and very soft rear spring (couldn't tell you the rates as I don't know myself, sorry) 1mm droop rear, 1.5mm droop front, double shims on front upper linkages, Outer hole lower arm and second outer hole bulkhead front, second outer hole lower arm and inner hole bulkhead rear.1 deg toe out front and using the 3 degree toe in block rear. Neutral kick up and anti dive (standard factory settings)

At the moment I'm using Sorex 28R no additives or warmers. Stratus 3.0 body

I must say that the above set up is for a very smooth track and at this time I'm running 540 and Stock. I have used this set up with an extra .5mm added to the ride height for a rough but high grip track and it worked a charm.

I too race an Xray and I must say, the Pro 4 with this set up has been out cornering and out maneuvering my competition but i have been struggling with gear ratios a little.

If you start at this point I'm sure you will find the car very fast and with minor adjustments to suit your driving style, you could be resting the Xray for a while.

I have been racing shaft cars for just over 1.5 years now and just started racing a belt car to see what all the fuss is. It is really important that you drive the car as smoothly as possible when it come to throttle. A shaft car is instant response and doesn't forgive ratty throttle action.

I hope this helps you out mate, good luck
I raced my pro4's on a parking lot with med. to low traction with a 3mm bottom chassis and a 2.5 top deck.The car worked OK but was about 2/10 a lap off of the 2.5 car(stock) I picked up another 2/10 a lap by switching to the 2.0 chassis and in my opinion became easier to drive.This was on a low traction surface.Their is a reason on why Hara used a 2mm chassis for asphalt,It makes a car more forgiving and easier to drive fast.Zac look at gear ratios for a pro4 like this..Your drive train is freer than your Xrays.. It should take more gear(pinion)than an Xray.For stock if your not the fastest car out their..you are not using good batteries or you missed the gear ratio.. Generally I like to gear my car so it tops out 3/4 of the way down the longest straightaway,99% of the time this still gives me great "rip" in the tighter sections and good top end on the straightaways
Old 05-02-2006, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

What's the deal with hotbodies?!?

Is hotbodies a subsidiary of HPI? or a completely seperate company?
Did HPI take hotbodies over?
Why did HPI chose to have two brands instead of the 1?
Hot Bodies is owned majority by HPI.

LoL.. sorry i'm a bit in the dark actually...

ARE they discontinuing the pro4?!? completely..

so i take it JUSt the hara will be available? From when? Now?
The Pro4 is still manufactured and available. My friend from Japan just bought a kit directly from HPI Japan a week ago. I also got new parts for my car as well. Sweet!!!

Old 05-03-2006, 01:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

phew at least my pro4 is still usable
Old 05-03-2006, 04:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nicadrauspro4
Hot Bodies is owned majority by HPI.
Tatsuro Watanabe owns both HPI and HB.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.