Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow that was quick thanks,
Any thing in the US? shiping can take so long from japan.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ATXPro4
Wow that was quick thanks,
Any thing in the US? shiping can take so long from japan.
Haven't seen the new upper deck in the US yet.

shipping from japan is just as long as ordering from Tower... I usually get my stuff in 4-5 day after order confirmation. I'm in CA.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
RainbowTen in Japan or RcModel in HK.
as usual its out of stock at both places (heheh maybe thats not usual but it is every time i check it

rainbow ten seems to not have had it in stock for awhile, and rcmodel verified last nite that they are out of stock.

but yeah using EMS it usually only takes ~4days to get things from whenever they ship (again west coast).
Old 09-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Try Precision RC.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

hey i wanted to ask about the advantages and the disadvantages of the wheel spacers (what do they accually do?). i have just always used the fat 1mm spacer and have never tried anything else. but i was looking at the setups on HPI's webpage and i noticed that the drivers used the different sizes. what do the different ones do? what will i loose/gain by going to a thinner spacer or no spacer?

anyone?
Old 09-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Matt Pocknell
Hey,
At my last meeting I saw a top club memeber doing the tweak procdure on their car (when you lift at the middle and adjust the opposite shock collar at the opposite end of the car till' the wheels lift at the same time). I had seen it done before but had not actually done it on my pro4 before.
I tried it when I got home but by the time I had got the wheels to lift at the same time the shock collars where completely different, more than quite a few turns of the shock collars.
Is this right? Any thoughts? How do you guys (and girls) balance your cars? MIP tweak station?
Thanks
Matt
first up you have to make sure your dropp is perfectly equal to attempt this.

it works like this: if your droop is equal and your car is balanced (tweaked properly) the tires will lift off the ground equally when you pickup the center on either end (front or back).
so if one tire is unequally weighted when you pick up on the opposite center of the car it will then lift off unequally.

so while this method does work using a tweak station is significantly better.

here are the flaws with NOT using a tweak station:
-droop has to be perfect
-you should use setup wheels not rubber tires because its inaccurate as to when rubber tires lift off
-it doesnt take into account all 4 shocks at once. (this is a very long explanation as to why this matters, if you care lmk and i'll send it to you) this is basically the reason why you may end up with shocks on one end of the car WAY out of wack (simply because you have to adjust each end independantly, you cannot use front and rear shock adjustments to fix a front or rear only problem)
-must make sure you lift in center (this applies to tweak station, however centering car on tweak station is prolly easier)

basically its like this: if you cant afford or cant access a tweak station then check ur droop and use this method. otherwise USE A TWEAK STATION!
Old 09-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Does HPI or anyone else sell a complete diff kit? I am rebuilding a Pro 4 I got used and the diff is pretty banged up so I was hoping to just replace it.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

its hpi part number HP-75141 thats complete ball diff set and you can find it on here thay have lots of hpi pro4 parts and hop ups http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk/
Old 09-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by floodo1
-droop has to be perfect
Your droop should be set perfectly whether your using a tweak board or not.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ngo8
its hpi part number HP-75141 thats complete ball diff set and you can find it on here thay have lots of hpi pro4 parts and hop ups http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk/
I found it! Thank you! RCModel has a lot of stuff but my past experience with them hasn't been great. I learned an email first asking if they have the parts in stock BEFORE placing an order works well.

By the way I didn't realize the 2.0mm chassis was only $40 at Tower! I plan on running my Pro 4 on asphalt, is the difference between the 2.5 and the 2.0 noticeable? If so I may pick it up. Thanks for the assistance.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by floodo1
first up you have to make sure your dropp is perfectly equal to attempt this.

it works like this: if your droop is equal and your car is balanced (tweaked properly) the tires will lift off the ground equally when you pickup the center on either end (front or back).
so if one tire is unequally weighted when you pick up on the opposite center of the car it will then lift off unequally.

so while this method does work using a tweak station is significantly better.

-droop has to be perfect
-you should use setup wheels not rubber tires because its inaccurate as to when rubber tires lift off
-it doesnt take into account all 4 shocks at once. (this is a very long explanation as to why this matters, if you care lmk and i'll send it to you) this is basically the reason why you may end up with shocks on one end of the car WAY out of wack (simply because you have to adjust each end independantly, you cannot use front and rear shock adjustments to fix a front or rear only problem)
-must make sure you lift in center (this applies to tweak station, however centering car on tweak station is prolly easier)

basically its like this: if you cant afford or cant access a tweak station then check ur droop and use this method. otherwise USE A TWEAK STATION!
Thanks for your help.

I will buy a mip tweak station as soon as possible.

Matt
Old 09-28-2005, 02:26 AM
Tech Adept

Hey, where can i get some aluminium bevel gears and where can i get some steel dogbones and also where can i get those little things on the shock mounting screws standard they are plastic but i crushed all of them where can i get alu version.

thanks in advance
greetings hollowman
Old 09-28-2005, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Who do you buy Pro 4 parts from in the US? Tower has a good supply but they don't take Amex or PayPal (the 2 my wife don't see). I am looking for HPI and Tobee Craft parts which can be tricky to find in the states.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jamescam
Who do you buy Pro 4 parts from in the US? Tower has a good supply but they don't take Amex or PayPal (the 2 my wife don't see). I am looking for HPI and Tobee Craft parts which can be tricky to find in the states.
speedtechrc.com

they take paypal.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

FYI jamescam and others - Pro4 parts are on sale at KT Hobbies. I just gathered up the few parts I was missing. www.kthobbies.com
Snowy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.