Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Pro4 springs

Originally posted by Trinity2
Hey there. Someone ask springs for Pro4. Matthew Harlow from HPI Europe send me a spring table. Here we go...

http://www.hpieurope.com/graphics/pdfs/sprchart.pdf

Hope that help
That's the old spring chart... the Pro4 springs are not listed...
#6543 silver 14x1.5x25 6.5 coils and #6544 gold 14x1.5x25 6.0 coils
Old 01-28-2004, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

thnx again zomb....
Old 01-29-2004, 04:30 AM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know if tc3 springs fit??
Old 01-29-2004, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by nomaak
thnx again zomb....
wow must be either:
A) such a good car people don't need a forum to talk about it. (very little movenment in forum)

or

B) not enough people have it.

can't wait to get one.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mine has just been ordered through a mate. States or Jap i dont know, or care. iam content in knowing its gonna be here soon. Pro3 is getting a bit sloppy, but is still very competitive.

Are there many (pro4) in Aus venom?

Last edited by yobbism; 01-29-2004 at 04:47 AM.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by yobbism

Are there many (pro4) in Aus venom?
yeah there is two i know of. BK in the oz forums has one and some other dude who races at rooty hill has one also.

there's a quick guy from nitro that is contemplating getting into electric....i'm trying to push them the hpi way. this car looks awesome around the rooty hill track.

what did you pay oz for it?
Old 01-29-2004, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
wow must be either:
A) such a good car people don't need a forum to talk about it. (very little movenment in forum)

or

B) not enough people have it.

can't wait to get one.
not enough people have it yet...probably in about 2-3 weeks you'll see alot of action here. kits are shipping to stores tommorrow
Old 01-29-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi rc-zombies,

I have a question for you about the options for the Pro 4. First let me say that this was my hobby when I was younger and I just recently decided to get back into it (about 12yrs later). I'm new to touring, but I wanted something that really screamed.

So I went with the Pro4, Novak SS Brushless, M8/Novak combo, 3300GPs. I know its overkill since I won't race it that much. Anyway, I'm waiting for it to arrive and I've been shopping for options. I picked up the Ti screws from Square, an clip-on heatsink etc, alot of the stuff you put on your car. RCModels seems to have the front Ti gear shaft, but not the rear. Since I don't read Japanese, I'll wait till they have both listed to get'em. I wanted to ask you why you replaced the shock shaft that came in the kit and where you found yours. Also, your note about buying a different set of bevel gears - what was the reasoning behind it and which ones did you go with? Where did you find them? Are there any other options you recommend? I'll probably stick with the default drive shaft instead of going carbon/graphite, but I was interested in what you said about the derlin diff. Are those available and what is the advantage? Is it just weight? Also, where did you pick up the servo arm and spring perches? Do you recommend ceramic balls?

Please forgive me for basically building your car, but I'm relying on those with obvious expertise and experience to help me get the most out of this thing!

Thanks!
jleibund
Old 01-29-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

jleibund..

first off welcome back to the hobby... I too started about 15 years ago...and just got back into it about 5 years ago..and my driving stilll sucks...

RcModel now has the graphite shafts...I got mine from RainbowTen in Japan.. along with the Ti front/rear input shafts.
the reason for replaceing mine is that is make for a lighter drivetrain when racing stock...for mod..I'll stay with the aluminum shaft... since you're running brushless..I suggest you stay with the aluminum shaft...the graphite shaft may break
for the beveled gears...only 1 version is available right now...I kinda over-cooked mine to more than well-done...so I purchased extra sets.. a set to install and several more for back-up reserve.
On the Delrin Diff...haven't seen it available yet...but I'm cirtain it will be available sometime soon either by Square RC or HB. advantage...hmmm tough one...the stock graphite one sometimes can break under hard acceleration...the delrin is more forgiving..lighter, more durable & makes for a smoother diff. I had one on my Pro3..big difference over the graphite one.
The Servo arm is made my Ofna...Tower has them..or try your LHS
and the spring perch..also got from Tower...RcModel should have them as well if you're going to order from them again.
The front upper graphite bumper brace is from the HPI RS4 3 nitro. got that from Tower...but all sold out and on back order..
Ceramic balls...very light and makes for a smooth diff. As mentioned earlier there was no difference in hardness between the ceramic and stock carbide balls. Just stock up on extra diff rings.

Feel free to PM me or just post here... eveyone here is friendly and won't bite your head off for asking so many questions... we're all here to have fun and help each out...

happy racin'
Old 01-29-2004, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

TIR will be releasing TI axles and dogbone kit for the car..

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/tir.htm
Old 01-29-2004, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Red face Pro4

Is this car available in the US yet!?!?
Old 01-29-2004, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Pro4

Originally posted by PUNISHER
Is this car available in the US yet!?!?
Speedworld will have them next week...hopefully Friday Feb.6th.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:02 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Pro4

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Speedworld will have them next week...hopefully Friday Feb.6th.
And Speedtech says early feb
Old 01-29-2004, 12:55 PM
Tech Initiate

With respect to bevel gears, when you said, "I also soak mine in some Paragon Ultralon for lubrication," I assume you soak them after they have boiled. I'd like to boil my gears too when the kit arrives to extend their life and make the diff run smoother. Based on your experience, how long is too long when boiling them? Is there a way to tell when they are 'done'? I looked at the ceramic balls from HPI, they come in a 12 pack. How many were required for both the front and rear differential?
Old 01-29-2004, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by jleibund
With respect to bevel gears, when you said, "I also soak mine in some Paragon Ultralon for lubrication," I assume you soak them after they have boiled. I'd like to boil my gears too when the kit arrives to extend their life and make the diff run smoother. Based on your experience, how long is too long when boiling them? Is there a way to tell when they are 'done'? I looked at the ceramic balls from HPI, they come in a 12 pack. How many were required for both the front and rear differential?
Bring the water to a boil...then turn it off...hang the spur gears on a wire and chopstick of some kind...and just let them soak for about 30 min. or so. after that..don't rinse it..just towel dry. I add the Ultralon onto the gears and let sit overnight. Some racers also use the WhiteLightning found in bike shops. same proceedure..let sit overnight.

12 balls for each of the diffs.... the kit only comes with one diff the other is the one-way diff for the front. the HPI ceramic balls are pricey... I found some on sale for @ 12pc for $10.00 + s/h.

on page 33 +/- I showed some assembly pics...

here's a pic of my overdone diff gears...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...&postid=673120

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.