Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: track width

Originally posted by jayrodracer
i was wondering if anyone has messed around with the track width of the car i.e. adding or removing shims on the axle between the wheel hex and the wheel..... does a wider car equal more stability? does a wider rear end relitive to the front yeild more overall steering? thanks........
Yes, a wider car is a more stable car. A wider rear allows the car to pivot (not to be confused with rotate) better thru the corners, at the expense of less steering. Basically, the car will have a more "planted" feel. Hope this helps.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

jayrodracer, are you Jarrad from Fl...... If so, don't you think you should send my chassis that you owe me before you sell that HPI stuff??? If you are not him than I am sorry for the confusion but if you are him then it's cool I see how things are and I will see you soon....
Old 12-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Ti screws

Originally posted by kewdawg
rc-zombies, where can we get those Jwerks screws?

at Allspeed hobbies... see my sig for link..
just mention me...
Old 12-14-2004, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Ti screws

Originally posted by rc-zombies
at Allspeed hobbies... see my sig for link..
just mention me...
Thanks. I'll check it out. By the way, do you know the difference between the HPI Competition O-rings and the Low-Friction O-rings? Also, what do the numbers 30, 40, 50, etc. at the end, mean? Don't know, if, it's an old question - been away for a while.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

What is the differnce between pivoting and rotating? Thanks
Old 12-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Ti screws

Originally posted by kewdawg
Thanks. I'll check it out. By the way, do you know the difference between the HPI Competition O-rings and the Low-Friction O-rings? Also, what do the numbers 30, 40, 50, etc. at the end, mean? Don't know, if, it's an old question - been away for a while.
I'll let Erik answer your question... but my guest is that the # represent different hardnesses.

to me the stock o-rings work just fine...
Old 12-14-2004, 02:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

www.jwerksrc.com

This is where you can go.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:04 PM
Tech Champion

Here's another question for Erik S., or maybe Thad:

In Andy Moore's (and Thad's for that matter) setup, he limits up travel pretty severely. What is he trying to achieve with this? Is he getting rid of the last .5 mm of the actual roll in the car, or is he getting the car onto the stops all over the track? i saw his car at Cleveland, and it did look smooth, effortless to drive and fast. I'm just trying to get at what the thought behind this is, so i can add it into my thinking when I'm at the track.

Thanks
Old 12-14-2004, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by robk
What is the differnce between pivoting and rotating? Thanks
Rotating pertains to spinning... the wheels are breaking free and swinging the car around a corner.

Pivoting pertains to the car maintaining balance, stability and traction while transitioning weight thru the corner. Hope this makes sense.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

I see. To me rotating = pivoting. Thanks
Old 12-14-2004, 07:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by The Teacher
jayrodracer, are you Jarrad from Fl...... If so, don't you think you should send my chassis that you owe me before you sell that HPI stuff??? If you are not him than I am sorry for the confusion but if you are him then it's cool I see how things are and I will see you soon....
yes it is me and first of all it was certainly a fair trade, i even asked craig x who is a much higher caliper racer than BOTH of us and he even thought the car was awesome, and YES I am selling the bmi chassis b/c I am not running carpet at all, im working on getting you a brand new chassis because if you did some research you would pretty much that its almost impossible right now to get a ft chassis, being that a xray sponsored driver friend of mine cant even get one right now, it still boggles my mind about the xray chassis because you have to sand down the chassis for the down stops to work properly, and I sent you an ENORMOUS amount of xray parts which if you look in any hobby shop you will see that xray parts are way more expensive than hpi parts. It has every new part available even the new front tower which was impposible to get, but I got you one! so maybe u need to rethink the whole thing alittle, one more thing from what I heard you were selling the car anyway!! .
Old 12-15-2004, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

wassup Jayrod! It's me Jeff...you going to the birds? If so, see ya there.

Later
Old 12-15-2004, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Thumbs down

jayrodracer, I told you when I got the car that the chassis were junk and that I needed another chassis for the trade to be done. You said that you would get me a chassis and send it, that was the last thing I heard. As for CraigX he has nothing to do with a trade between you and me. Furthermore he has never seen what was sent to me because I have never shown him. You need to either send me a chassis or let me know now that I'm not getting one. Either way it's cool, I see how you are and I have learned from this transaction....
Old 12-15-2004, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

jayrodracer/teacher.

why don't you guys take this offline or on PMs...

Trying to keep this HPI Pro4 related.

thanks.

Old 12-15-2004, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

I`m just though at my Pro4 one-way is not free as it was new.

Q is what i can do? A is not to buy a new one.

Is it wright to clean it up and relube it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.