Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 03:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally posted by Merciless
Speedtech's ceramic's are popular

Anyone able to post a KILLER carpet set-up ??

Foam tyres too please

Yeh, it is in your pit box.....
Old 12-02-2004, 03:45 AM
Tech Adept

Pic 1

Last edited by Trinity2; 12-04-2004 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:55 AM
Tech Adept

Pic 2

Last edited by Trinity2; 12-04-2004 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jland
Yeh, it is in your pit box.....
You Star My mentor
Old 12-02-2004, 05:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Merciless,

I have a great setup for carpet with foams. Just PM you Email to me and I will send it to you, unless someone can tell me how to get the setup sheet up on the board.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:30 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

DJG24: email it to me and I'll make the PDF from it and post.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default essential mods or fixes?

I"m debating between tc4 or pro4....don't know much about pro4 except from what I've heard it's a fast car..and it's shaft just like the tc4....

Any must fixes or mods that I should know about if I want to race it? Durability issues? Or your thoughts on tc4 vs. pro4...I know i'm in the pro4 section of the forum so I'll get some what biased opinion. But that's ok I posted in tc4 forum as well! Thx.

Gary
Old 12-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If you want durability get the Pro4... if you want a great handling car get the Pro4. if you want the look of real CF and molded plastic parts and chassis...get the Pro4. if you want a car made in China get the TC4...
there are no mods or fixes for the Pro4.... it's very fast out of the box. Why wait for the Factory CF TC4 to come out? the PRo4 is already decked out in CF parts and chassis...
I've owned the TC3...it was fragile... with the Pro4...I haven't broken any arms or other parts yet.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

rc-zombies:

How do you like your JWerks Ti screws?
Old 12-02-2004, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by stonedgti
rc-zombies:

How do you like your JWerks Ti screws?
Definately!!!! keep wanting to post about the Jwerks Ti screws keep getting sidetracked on something else....

Just want to let everyone know the Jwerks Ti screws are the best I've seen and used. I've used other makes of Ti screws...and most of them are made of inferior Titantium. I've had screw heads strip, bend and even break during installation. So Far I've yet to break or bend any of the Jwerks Ti screws. I purpose tried to break or bend them by crashing into walls and things..so far they held up fairly well with no damage. Made from 64 grade Ti... Very light and strong and well worth the investment. I was able to get mine from AllSpeed Hobbies along with the new HPI Spool. They also carry alot of Square option parts for the Pro4 and other cars.

check it out here:
JWERKS Ti
Old 12-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: essential mods or fixes?

Originally posted by loosenut
I"m debating between tc4 or pro4....don't know much about pro4 except from what I've heard it's a fast car..and it's shaft just like the tc4....

Any must fixes or mods that I should know about if I want to race it? Durability issues? Or your thoughts on tc4 vs. pro4...I know i'm in the pro4 section of the forum so I'll get some what biased opinion. But that's ok I posted in tc4 forum as well! Thx.

Gary
The Pro 4 is more durable than any other car I've driven.

Fixes or Mods: Top deck mod is helpful, TC3 BRP front bumper, TC3 front steel CVDs,

But that's nothing compared to what you'll have to do to the TC3/4. I doubt those guys will tell you what you'll need to fix to keep up.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: essential mods or fixes?

Originally posted by loosenut

Gary
The Pro4 is definitely quite tough! The only thing I have broken was a castor block and that was totally my fault. Last weekend, I was coming around on a sweeper. I had past my friend and he tried to keep the same tight line. He ended up sliding giving my car a slight bump which sent me sideways into the boards. I hit the board so hard (I was running a 10x1) I thought I had at least broken the arms or rear hub. What I found was that the ball stud head had snapped off on the rear hub. The only downfall is that you have to use a new rear hub if your in a hurry. I did save the old rear hub so that I could use some type of extractor to get the othe half of the ball stud out. That's the first time I have ever broken a ball stud. Now that's tough.

Anothe question now that I'm faced with is what ball stud should I use. I've had some Square Titanium ball studs in my parts box but I don't replace little things like that unless the old ones break. I guess I'll just replace the ball studs in other places instead of the rear hub. I'd much rather have a ball stud break than to replace a rear hub or even worse a rear arm.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

friend of my has a tc4 he had to do alot of prep work and up grades to get it fast.
pro4 all you have to do is build it right and it will be fast with out any up grades or prep work.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

every car has prep work involed, so dont say the pro4 has none, i had a pro4 and if u count chassis prep work as prep work theres one. i get what your saying ive had to get quite a bit of stuff for my tc4 to make it fast, and they pro4 out of the box if the best car i have had, the trany ( ) is super free stock with nothing done to the drive train,comes with sway bars..tc4 had non of that...but the hpi cars have some prep work to them, it might not be as bad at at AEtc4 or tc3 but its got its little things, i should know..i kinda miss that car

out lazy
Old 12-02-2004, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

AdrianM: So true about the chassis thickness!! Literally lol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.