Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Old 10-08-2004, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by Nexus
rookie...

i would stay away from the alum parts all together...unless you want more 'bling' factor.

the parts cost more and if you bend them you might not realize it...then you will think your car is tweak while you are racing and might not be able to figure out it's just a bent aluminum piece.

save your money for that Team PRP chassis :P
Nexus....I totally know what you are saying...it is not my 1st year racing afterall........however, on electric car, I think alum C-hub and steering knuckles are good options to have...those items are difficult to BENT...you can break it, but it will take a major wack to do so....

However, titanium pins, arms or legs...that, I can ignore, cause those things can bent easily.........

Thanks for the options............also Thanks Zombies, I will look for JET and HPI stuff...
Old 10-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

can a cars chassis be too stiff for carpet racing?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

oops, double post sorry!
Old 10-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by racer
can a cars chassis be too stiff for carpet racing?

Thanks in advance!
From a technical / physics perspective, no. A car's chassis cannot be too stiff. This is because the less flex the components have, the more your suspension is doing it's job. It also means that any adjustments you make will have a greater effect, as forces are applied to the parts designed to move, not the weak parts that flex.
When you have the extremely high traction situations, like carpet, then you want almost zero flex in any component, as it's not allowing the suspension to do what it's designed to do.

But....

From a drivers standpoint, a more flexible chassis is often much easier to drive. This is because the flex of the chassis often masks the mistakes made in setup. Bad IMO, but it makes the car easier to drive on the track.

At least that's my opinion.....
Old 10-08-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The other bad thing about a softer chassis is torsionally it acts like a spring...but you can't adjust that springiness at all. You want to remove that variable anytime possible.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Doug...

Those Carpet set-ups you've posted...are they for a one-way, diff or spool? getting my car ready for carpet season with the BMI chassis...
Old 10-08-2004, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Doug...

Those Carpet set-ups you've posted...are they for a one-way, diff or spool? getting my car ready for carpet season with the BMI chassis...
I am almost 100% sure it is not for the front 1-way....because last time when Robk and KevinK saw my car W trackside, and realized that I was using 1-way, and said 'have fun pushing...".........LOL.

And I dont think back then, there is a SPOOL or they did make their own spool........
Old 10-08-2004, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

kevin's set-ups that Doug posted are for carpet are all using diffs and foam tires.

he's down in Ohio at the Halloween Race right now hopefully laying it down with his Pro4.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

I know that this probably has been explained a hundred times here, but can someone explain the top-deck mod, wich eliminates chassis tweak? In av easy-understanding way?
It would help a lot.........
Old 10-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Erlend- The top deck mod allows the top deck to move alittle freer without get tweaked as easy. I just did it myself, very easy and my car was alot closed to perfect on an MIP tweak board.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...postid=1135606
He is a pic that Eric posted a few pages back. Just find some 3x20mm button head screws to replace the flat head screws. Do the front and back of the upper deck this way.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

I did the BRP bumper mod.

Very easy.
You just cut off part of the little ears that stick out and then use the center whole to mount the bumper on to HPI's plastic bumper. Then you just drill the holes from below and you are done!

here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-bumper-001.jpg  
Old 10-08-2004, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

from bottom
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-bumper-002.jpg  
Old 10-08-2004, 02:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Super Steve
I did the BRP bumper mod.

Very easy.
You just cut off part of the little ears that stick out and then use the center whole to mount the bumper on to HPI's plastic bumper. Then you just drill the holes from below and you are done!

here are some pics
What's the part number for that BRP bumper?

(please and thank you... )
Old 10-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Erlend
I know that this probably has been explained a hundred times here, but can someone explain the top-deck mod, wich eliminates chassis tweak? In av easy-understanding way?
It would help a lot.........
I don't know the theory behind that...but last time when I talked to Kevin Kane and Robk about that mod......they both mentioned that mod is ONLY GOOD for outdoor use with the stock chasiss.

For indoor carpet use, that mod is NOT required...they both gave me a 15 minutes long lecture behind that mod, and from the first second they started talking, I was in a complete lost...LOL.

I was kinda slow on this indoor carpet thingy......as well as my front 1-way Pro 4.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by cartmen34
What's the part number for that BRP bumper?

(please and thank you... )
Go to tower website, and type BRP.........there is a for TC3, and I think that is the bumper that you need.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.