Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 08:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for all the words of encouragement on getting the Pro 4. Now to start building ?

Thanks, Marcusg

P.S. Is the building tips you fellas recommend, or upgrades ?
Thanks again.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by acutts
Hey

Have you got contact details? The numbers I got off the website don't seem to work ....!

Cheers
Scott
Ah - I had the same problem - even tried to buy from the site but the secure server side kept crashing!
Eventually dropped them an email and they sent me a number to call but unfortunately it's at work - I'll drop you a PM tomorrow with the number
Old 09-01-2004, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Marcusg, the only thing I did when I built the car was to install the associated diff bolt/nut and the diff spring. Other than that you will be fine by just following the instructions and building the car per spec. Depending on what surface you will be racing on , the kit setup works great on low to med bite concrete and asphalt tracks.

There are tons of aftermarket alum parts out for the car but I have yet to break anything on the car since getting it back in April so I dont think that any of it is absolutely necessary. Its the bling factor that kicks in on most of the stuff.

Good luck and ask away if you need anything. We all have different opinions on what is needed and what is not but all in all , we all agree on one thing, we love the car and are willing to help
Old 09-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Default Wide Bumper...

Anyone have a wide bumper for this car or made one on their own? I modified my Kyosho V One R bumper to fit and it's saved me a ton of arms.

I believe the stock HPI R40 wide bumper will fit the Pro 4 as well, but have not tried it yet.*

*Edit: Stock R40 bumper will NOT fit.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Wide Bumper...

Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
Anyone have a wide bumper for this car or made one on their own? I modified my Kyosho V One R bumper to fit and it's saved me a ton of arms.

I believe the stock HPI R40 wide bumper will fit the Pro 4 as well, but have not tried it yet.
nope the R40 or NSR3 wide bumper will not fit....
some have modified the Bud's TC3 wide bumper to fit.

I cut my own from Kydex plastic. and recently use HPI nitros big foam bumper and trim to fit..and no need for a wider lower bumber plate...

Are you still going to SWR this SAT. free race?... I might drop by in the AM for a visit before I head to a family gathering in Elk Grove.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Wide Bumper...

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Are you still going to SWR this SAT. free race?... I might drop by in the AM for a visit before I head to a family gathering in Elk Grove.
Don't think so. Too far.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Doug .

Marcusg
Old 09-01-2004, 01:59 PM

Why need wide bumper! I still haven't break any single part on my pro4 yet. Maybe 19Tspec is not fast enough to break pro4.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

hi i c that every 1 changes the fixings in the hpi pro4 diffs to associated diff bolt/nut and the diff spring why is this what benefit would it have if any.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

I have to agree with the posts above - Why fit a wide bumper?
I've raced my Pro4 since last October/November an have only broke the following.

One ball stud when someone used the side of my car as their brake in a corner!

Original gears - not boiled and all other parts standard
Old 09-01-2004, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Re: Wide Bumper...

Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL

I believe the stock HPI R40 wide bumper will fit the Pro 4 as well, but have not tried it yet.*

*Edit: Stock R40 bumper will NOT fit.
I have one on my car and have helped a couple other local guys fit kydex bumpers to the stock bumper. I used a BRP Losi XXXS bumper but what I have found to work the best is the Parma Losi XXXS bumper with a little work its fits very nicely and looks very clean. Before I added one to my car I was braking an arm about every race day. After I installed it I haven't broken one. Something like this is really only needed if you race on a track with boards for the barrier system. And all of the tracks that I race on are that way....you look at them wrong and your car will come back in pile of parts. If the track that you race on has a very forgiving barrier system then you will more then likely not need it.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by yeuc001
hey guys,

I am trying to my pro4 together, when I try to put the steering block and C-hub together, I find out that it is too tight to fit.

no matter what I do, I can't get it to turn it smoothly.

does any of you guys run into this problem
when you put together your pro4?

pic attached

thanks guys
yeuc001 - It's not just you. I have been finding the same thing. Of the hubs that came with the car and one extra 6* pair, about half of them are mold so the C comes together on the end and pinches. I polishes all the steel inserts so they look like a mirror. That helped a little. One on side I put the steel insert in backwards (flat shoulder on the outside) and that worked.

HPI people if you reading ---- I am VERY impressed with all the molded parts on the car. But this one part needs to be addressed. Just open up the C a little bit would prevent any binding.

take care
john
Old 09-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by big_G
I have to agree with the posts above - Why fit a wide bumper?
I've raced my Pro4 since last October/November an have only broke the following.

One ball stud when someone used the side of my car as their brake in a corner!

Original gears - not boiled and all other parts standard
We use boards as our road course, so one hard hit to the board can be pretty devestating.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by JohnB
yeuc001 - It's not just you. I have been finding the same thing. Of the hubs that came with the car and one extra 6* pair, about half of them are mold so the C comes together on the end and pinches. I polishes all the steel inserts so they look like a mirror. That helped a little. One on side I put the steel insert in backwards (flat shoulder on the outside) and that worked.

HPI people if you reading ---- I am VERY impressed with all the molded parts on the car. But this one part needs to be addressed. Just open up the C a little bit would prevent any binding.

take care
john
I just use a high torque servo. Actually I'd rather have them tight than loose so I don't have to worry about the part being shaky and affecting handling.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Default shocks

Im rebuilding my car to one of Thads setup sheets from may this year I think.

Anyhow the shocks use 55t front and 50wt rear. It mentiones something about an o-ring on top of the bladder, any idea what that means? Does it use an o-ring instead of the rebound foam thing?
Also it uses the number 1 pistons. I only have 2 of these (only got 2 of them with my car) and i dont have enough time to get any in from overseas before the race this sunday. Would it make much difference if I used the number two pistons? Or put my 2 number 1 pistons on one pair of shocks and the other get number 2s? If so should the number 1's go on the front or rear shocks?

thanks for the help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.