Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

IC.. but could it be caused by the E clips?? I wonder why HPI came out with that existing method of fixing the spurs.... how about the Square SHP-16 spur adapter that is made from a one-piece allow...????
Old 08-02-2004, 03:15 AM
Tech Addict

I had a bit of side-to-side play in my spur gear, so when I came to rebuild my car I tried adding another spacer behind the e-clip, this didn't work because I couldn't then get the e-clip on. Instead I moved the spacer from behind the e-clip and placed it further back with the other 2 spacers. When this was done there was no more play in the spur, and I didn't even have to add any spacers . If you don't understand that let me know and I'll show you on the instructions
Old 08-02-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default outdrives

Does anyone know of a Hobbyshop where i can order the new delrin outdrives from right now? Thanks
Old 08-02-2004, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rc-zombies
I did the conversion today...the fit is perfect except for the small bevel gear. with both new gears installed...the drive train sound loader than before. probably due to not having been broken it yet... I put back the original small bevel gear..and all sounds good.. nice and quite..
Hmmmm, interesting...

I was at the 6th Annual Hitec race this weekend, and one o the HPI guys told me that with the *new* gear sets it was important to use both the new Ring and Bevel gears together... Altohough I personally never had a problem with the original gears (in fact I'm still running th one that came with my original kit), I will be swapping them out for this weekends KoPropo Race at the famous Tamiya USA HQ..

On a side... Just wanna praise my PRO4 again... I was able to secure a solid 5th spot in the 19t A-main.. Qualified 5th, finished 5th... could have possibly made the last podium spot, but traffic was an issue... Lap times were there but unfortunately, there were a couple other who wanted it just as much as I did and decided to use their bumpers to get it...

I have been running this PRO4 for the last few months on a variety of different surfaces, and everyone I have been able to adapt and adjust quickly to with this platform... Quite a few people made snide remarks about me running the PRO4, but were very quiet when they saw how well we performed...
Old 08-02-2004, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

could anyone tell me where i can find a pro4 diff set, that is still in stock.... ive been haveing no luck lately

lazyboy
Old 08-02-2004, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by OSherman
Hmmmm, interesting...

I was at the 6th Annual Hitec race this weekend, and one o the HPI guys told me that with the *new* gear sets it was important to use both the new Ring and Bevel gears together... Altohough I personally never had a problem with the original gears (in fact I'm still running th one that came with my original kit), I will be swapping them out for this weekends KoPropo Race at the famous Tamiya USA HQ..

On a side... Just wanna praise my PRO4 again... I was able to secure a solid 5th spot in the 19t A-main.. Qualified 5th, finished 5th... could have possibly made the last podium spot, but traffic was an issue... Lap times were there but unfortunately, there were a couple other who wanted it just as much as I did and decided to use their bumpers to get it...

I have been running this PRO4 for the last few months on a variety of different surfaces, and everyone I have been able to adapt and adjust quickly to with this platform... Quite a few people made snide remarks about me running the PRO4, but were very quiet when they saw how well we performed...
Way to represent! Good job, Osherman!
Old 08-02-2004, 10:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Speed Demon
IC.. but could it be caused by the E clips?? I wonder why HPI came out with that existing method of fixing the spurs.... how about the Square SHP-16 spur adapter that is made from a one-piece allow...????
the adapter is worth getting. it takes out the unwanted wobble of the spur gear.

Last edited by racer; 08-02-2004 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by lazyboy
could anyone tell me where i can find a pro4 diff set, that is still in stock.... ive been haveing no luck lately

lazyboy
yeah it took me a while to find one in stock. contact superior hobbies though. Thats were i got mine from.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by lazyboy

lazyboy
These guys here in the UK have them and sell via ebay. follow the link on the main page and you'll be taken to ebay shop.
They carry some nice purple hop ups as well
Old 08-02-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default Stripped Servo's

OK - I've tried everything and can't work out why:-
I've stripped gears in 2 servo's and broken the splined shaft in another on my Pro 4.

The stripped gears came after a very 'small' touch onto track kerbing, the broken shaft was result of a neat 'take-out' by another driver with a direct hit on that side of the car.

I've checked everything is free and the servo saver is working (purple alloy one).

Apart from fitting a servo saver direct to the server has anyone any ideas??
Or any one else having this problem?
Old 08-02-2004, 10:55 AM
X2
Tech Regular

Default Re: Stripped Servo's

Originally posted by big_G
OK - I've tried everything and can't work out why:-
I've stripped gears in 2 servo's and broken the splined shaft in another on my Pro 4.

The stripped gears came after a very 'small' touch onto track kerbing, the broken shaft was result of a neat 'take-out' by another driver with a direct hit on that side of the car.

I've checked everything is free and the servo saver is working (purple alloy one).

Apart from fitting a servo saver direct to the server has anyone any ideas??
Or any one else having this problem?
I know loads of people who have had the same problem, including myself. The best thing to do is loosen the built in servo saver as much as you can get away with and then, like you say, get another direct servo saver.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:10 AM

Just called HPI for my free v1.1 gears sets. Great Service HPI. Even though I already have them.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

what number do we call?
Old 08-02-2004, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

949-753-1099

Press 3 After Greeting Message

P.S. I just spoke with an HPI rep, and he's getting out my gears right now.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

thanks, i just called em

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.