Like Tree15Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Reply

Old 07-27-2004, 02:19 PM
  #6466  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by rc-zombies
I'm still not 100% sure if it's free... they haven't returned my call yet.. and I didn't want to be on hold for 15 min.
FREE! FREE! FREE! FREE! FREE!

awesome costumer service...they just returned my phone within 20min. of my voice mail message...
they're sending out a complete set of gears and diff plate... I think... darn it.. forgot to ask them if the diff plate was included...doe... either way...got new gears coming...
rc-zombies is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 02:26 PM
  #6467  
Tech Addict
 
racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ADVAN Le Mans Project
Posts: 707
Default

Originally posted by rc-zombies
FREE! FREE! FREE! FREE! FREE!

awesome costumer service...they just returned my phone within 20min. of my voice mail message...
they're sending out a complete set of gears and diff plate... I think... darn it.. forgot to ask them if the diff plate was included...doe... either way...got new gears coming...
in all that excitement, did you remember to give them you mailing address?
j/k

you think this applies to the neighbours up north?
racer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 02:32 PM
  #6468  
Tech Adept
 
X-Garage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 155
Default

What is the phone number? and what should i ask for..
X-Garage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 02:33 PM
  #6469  
Tech Addict
 
racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ADVAN Le Mans Project
Posts: 707
Default

Originally posted by rc-zombies
The new HPI Pink has not been released that I know of.. it's harder than the newly releases RED springs. RED springs all the way to the softest BLUE is now available...
New HPI yellow works great on all 4 shocks...
the pink set of springs are out in Japan

as for the yellow springs, are you running them on asphalt or carpet?

Thanks
racer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 02:36 PM
  #6470  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by racer
the pink set of springs are out in Japan

as for the yellow springs, are you running them on ashaplt or carpet?

Thanks
they are..hmm...may have to add that to my order for the red springs....
rc-zombies is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 02:37 PM
  #6471  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by X-Garage
What is the phone number? and what should i ask for..
HPI Customer service # 949.753.1099
after greeting message
press 3 for costumer service
rc-zombies is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 02:56 PM
  #6472  
Tech Master
 
DOMOisCOOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Daly City, California, U.S.A.
Posts: 1,914
Default

Originally posted by rc-zombies
press 3 for costumer service
Ahh, I see. They help you with your costume?

J/K
DOMOisCOOL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 02:58 PM
  #6473  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
Ahh, I see. They help you with your costume?

J/K
yup... wanted to get a jump start.... Holloween is just around the corner... I wanted to be the new HPI sponsered Suburu
rc-zombies is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:34 PM
  #6474  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Wink TECH Racing Chassis

Hey guys .. just a little food for thought... TECH Racing .. has just introduced there Chassis conversion set for the Pro4...

have a look ... Here is the link TECH Racing Pro4
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:36 PM
  #6475  
Tech Adept
 
Erik Shauver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Go Nicky!
Posts: 197
Default

jonathan123: The "pink" springs should be released soon. See the chart for where they fit in the range. Also, the kit settings are a good starting point for asphalt with rubber tires. See Thad's Asphalt Setup which is very close to kit settings.

-E
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-spring-info.jpg  
Erik Shauver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:37 PM
  #6476  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: TECH Racing Chassis

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Hey guys .. just a little food for thought... TECH Racing .. has just introduced there Chassis conversion set for the Pro4...

have a look ... Here is the link TECH Racing Pro4
Very Nice... I thought they were going to some kind of wing type brace similar to the 'cuda chassis.
rc-zombies is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:40 PM
  #6477  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: TECH Racing Chassis

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Very Nice... I thought they were going to some kind of wing type brace similar to the 'cuda chassis.
Yea me too.. the prototype that I saw had them in the front and in the rear.?? ...they might bring that out later..who knows
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:54 PM
  #6478  
Tech Initiate
 
jonathan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 27
Default

Originally posted by Erik Shauver
jonathan123: The "pink" springs should be released soon. See the chart for where they fit in the range. Also, the kit settings are a good starting point for asphalt with rubber tires. See Thad's Asphalt Setup which is very close to kit settings.

-E
Thanks for that.
jonathan123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 04:01 PM
  #6479  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
rc_square24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 771
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

found these on the jp site are they posted yet?

anyway they replace the outboard bearings from original 5x10x4 to smaller ones 5x8x2.5 for weight savings, made from delrin

oh and ballast weights aswell

sorry again if this was posted
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-w_75165_01.jpg  
rc_square24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 04:02 PM
  #6480  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
rc_square24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 771
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

.
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-w_75174_01.jpg  
rc_square24 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service