Hpi Pro 4

You're on Page 404 of 1072
Go to
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Pit-racer
    I just went thru my pro4 and rebuild it. Do you guys have trouble w/ the e-clip that goes on the spur retainer? Does it cause the spur to be off center as it spins?(wobble a bit)
    It shouldn't wobble with the stock spur. Mine spins true and free. Check your spacers inside the diff case and make sure they are located correctly.
  • They are all in the right spots. Spur is a new one also. I'm gonna remove it and see if thats the problem.
  • question

is der a pro4 hara edition?
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by rice
    question

yes...it's pretty much the stock version...
    I don't think we'll see a Hara Version. his car mostly stock...
  • If you have play in your spur check the position of the 3 smaller shimss and if needed put another one in.
  • There is no play, it might be the 4 screws or the pin it sits on or the e-clip. I will find it Is there a plate made for both sides? to sandwich the spur evenly?
  • PRP make a "TruSpin" spur gear plate which goes on the side with the screws, this should help.

Also, Square make a spur gear plate machined with the output shaft so there shouldn't be any play in that.
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Skill
    PRP make a "TruSpin" spur gear plate which goes on the side with the screws, this should help.

Also, Square make a spur gear plate machined with the output shaft so there shouldn't be any play in that.
    The square spur gear plate and output shaft is great..zero play..lots of acceleration... highly recommended!
  • Quote:
    There is no play, it might be the 4 screws or the pin it sits on or the e-clip. I will find it Is there a plate made for both sides? to sandwich the spur evenly?
    Are you using a Hpi spur?When I use any other spur w/ only 2 holes, for the screws(Robinson Racing or Kimbrough), I get a wobble in the spur.
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by kewdawg
    Are you using a Hpi spur?When I use any other spur w/ only 2 holes, for the screws(Robinson Racing or Kimbrough), I get a wobble in the spur.
    I'm using Kimbrough 48 pitch gears without any trouble at all.
  • Quote:
    I just went thru my pro4 and rebuild it. Do you guys have trouble w/ the e-clip that goes on the spur retainer? Does it cause the spur to be off center as it spins?(wobble a bit)
    If your car is being rebuilt, it may be time for some new Z251 spring pins (they come 10 per package, enough to redo the front and the rear input shaft pins). They will wear out over time and need to be replaced when you notice play.

Z251, SPRING PIN 1.5x8mm (10pcs) $1.50
  • New Part!

TR9502 Alloy input shafts now available from Titanium Racing/Schumacher

• Quote:
    Originally posted by PW
    New Part!

TR9502 Alloy input shafts now available from Titanium Racing/Schumacher
    Looks nice
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by rice
    question