Hpi Pro 4

You're on Page 383 of 1072
Go to
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Loman
    Does anyone know the old one-way gear can fit the new version small bevel gear?? If yes I can save the PRP back plate
    The Old ONE WAY Gear "will" work with the new Bevel gear.... No problem
    -Dave
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by rc_square24
    just a question...in situations where i need a stiifer suspension but have no harder springs.....will cranking the preload and leaving everthing else the same give abit of a stiifer sus. feeling? like for emergencies?
    move the shocks up as far as possible, if this isn't possible get harder tyres....but the best thing is to invest in a full set of associated springs

if you do the shock collar thing you will have no droop, effectively making that end "stiffer" ie no weight shift....but in a bad way.
  • Hi (first sorry my english)

Where can I buy the white springs, which Atsushi is driving the most time?

greets
    freez
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Freez
    Hi (first sorry my english)

greets
    freez
    The Springs that he uses are made by HYBRID(AKA Mirage) but they are the same spring rates as A.E.`s
    -Dave
  • what is A.E.`s? Where i can find it in the internet? Do you have a page?

thanks
  • AE is Associated Electronics, or just Associated. If you go here you can get the HPI spring chart with all the spring rates in pounds per inch and also in grams force per millimeter. This will help you see where the Trinity and Associated springs fall in comparison to the HPI line.

The last I heard, Hara just paints his springs white so no one can see what he's running, and that's just what he likes. I could be wrong though.
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by rc_square24
    just a question...in situations where i need a stiifer suspension but have no harder springs.....will cranking the preload and leaving everthing else the same give abit of a stiifer sus. feeling? like for emergencies?
    No, cranking down on the preload collars does nothing but raise your rideheight. try changing your shock oil weight or the piston hole size (to a smaller diameter). Or, just go and buy an AE Spring kit...

Buddha
  • is that still true with progressive springs?
  • what are the mods required to fit yokomo outdrives into the pro 4....i have a pair of them...so far i can see that i need to enlarge the dirveshaft slots and need yokomo rings.

another question are yokomo rings the same as asociated ones? like will the round associated rings fit in the flat spotted yokomo drives?

thanks
  • Just got my pro4, and what are the must haves? Or do I have it all RCBuddha?
  • Hi Guys,

I know some of you have been asking about suspension parts (mainly the suspension arms) we got a limited number of them in stock along with some hub carriers and steering blocks.

Steve Wang
  • i might have an AE spring kit for sale soon if anyone is interested
  • White Springs
    Quote:
    Originally posted by Freez
    Hi (first sorry my english)

greets
    freez

Freeze,

I can't tell you where to buy those springs, but i can tell you where to buy the white paint he's using on his springs...
  • I broke my other aluminum steering knuckle practicing....

NEVER BUY ALUMINUM KNUCKLE for the PRO 4 from RCSquare!
  • I've ordered some alloy steering knuckles and C-hubs from AsiaTees purely for durability purposes. They are Jet ones so hopefully they will hold up well as they look much stronger than the Square ones.

I'll let everyone know if I have any problems.