Hpi Pro 4

You're on Page 293 of 1072
Go to
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by syntex1
    your money would be better spent on bevel gears, hubs, arms and cvd's
    I agree, i bought some of the rc square knuckles when the car first came out, thinking the standard might be a little weak like the tc3 ones. but the standard ones are strong enough not to need alloy ones. My alloy ones are still in their packet.
  • quick question. do the tamiya derlin rear outdrives fit the pro 4?
  • snoopy, want to sell me your aluminum ones?

I broke my knuckle first outing aluminum knuckle is very hard to bend I find.

venom, I doubt it but you can always try
  • i think....a BIG think HPI have some delrin outdrives in production.

as hara was using some at the pre worlds....not sure if they were pro3 ones or actually pro4 ones in development.
  • I very much doubt that they will be the Pro 3 ones, but possibly.

Does anyone know if they made Pro 2 delrin outdrives because the Pro 4 ones aren't far at all off the Pro 4 ones.

As said before, it will be more likely to be a HB part as the Pro 3 one was too.
  • A BMI equipped, but all plastic parts Pro4 put a whoopin on everyone at our track last night (carpet/foam tires). The only mods to it was the HPI 2.0 rear toe-in block. It was the racers first time with the car and he lapped consistently as fast as anyone has run on this layout with a Tc3. Even the sponsored guys. The Pro4 rally turned some heads last night.

Ray
  • Ray:

I got to put a pack on my 4 last night I can say that the chassis and the tow block have made a maked improvement on a good car to begin with. BTW who was the driver?

Luis
  • yeah ray, pucho,

i didn't get to watch jimmy hermann run since i was chasing him all night, but he was more consistent last night than i have ever seen him. and every bit as fast. neither one of us contacted anything, and he had 8 seconds on me after the five minutes was up.

this was the first hurting that a pro4 has delivered at the gate.

things are looking up.
  • Spring rates
    Hi all. does anybody know the Pro4 spring rates in lb/in ?
    If somebody does it would be a great help, Cheers
  • Re: Spring rates
    Quote:
    Originally posted by X2
    Hi all. does anybody know the Pro4 spring rates in lb/in ?
    If somebody does it would be a great help, Cheers
    To convert gr/mm to lb/in
    gr/mm divided by 454 x 25.4 = lb/in

from lb/in to gr/mm
    lb/in divided by 25.4 x 454 = gr/mm

hope this helps.
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by syntex1
    your money would be better spent on bevel gears, hubs, arms and cvd's
    ...and HD ballcups
  • Thanks Zombie and Pops!
    For the advice. I started to build a ball diff out of spares I have here, since I have Pro 4 outdrives and an extra gear and a bunch of everything else from the 2 and 3...something went awry (haven't checked it out yet) and I ended up with a spool...LOL

Sooo....how are spools for low traction?

Whatever I did wrong, it locked solid in 1-2 turns of the screw.
  • Re: Re: Spring rates
    Quote:
    Originally posted by rc-zombies
    To convert gr/mm to lb/in
    gr/mm divided by 454 x 25.4 = lb/in

from lb/in to gr/mm
    lb/in divided by 25.4 x 454 = gr/mm

hope this helps.
    Yes Thank you
  • Re: Thanks Zombie and Pops!
    Quote:
    Originally posted by Turbo Joe
    For the advice. I started to build a ball diff out of spares I have here, since I have Pro 4 outdrives and an extra gear and a bunch of everything else from the 2 and 3...something went awry (haven't checked it out yet) and I ended up with a spool...LOL

Sooo....how are spools for low traction?

Whatever I did wrong, it locked solid in 1-2 turns of the screw.
    maybe you forgot to put in the thrust bearing spring... I built one up from spare parts as well..and I forgot the spring...and it locked up...
  • Re: Re: Thanks Zombie and Pops!
    Quote:
    Originally posted by rc-zombies
    maybe you forgot to put in the thrust bearing spring... I built one up from spare parts as well..and I forgot the spring...and it locked up...
    The spring is in there...I might have used the wrong bearings. Makes a really nice spool, though.

Would a spool work in a low traction parking lot?