Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by lazyboy

question? whats the deal with the wireing with the batts?? from last couple of pages ppl have been saying stuff about not having the positive bar on the right hand lower coner(depends on how u look at the car)i ran my tc3 with a demon chassis and i ran my losi with the bars in same spot and well if i need to change could someone explain why?? thanks lazy

pro4 rules
As someone else has explained, the shortest path usually means slightly less resistance. To change the orientation, flip the pack lengthwise and resolder the end terminals (or plugs) so they are right side up again. Could probably save a few inches in Battery wiring this way.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

thanks for the info, also how long do your guys/gals cars drivtrain spin for with the motor out??? ive got 5-6+ seconds on it and was jw

lazy
Old 05-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by popsracer
As someone else has explained, the shortest path usually means slightly less resistance. To change the orientation, flip the pack lengthwise and resolder the end terminals (or plugs) so they are right side up again. Could probably save a few inches in Battery wiring this way.
I honestly think there is no difference other than it keeps the wiring neater.

This is because the negative wire would still have to cross over to the other end of the battery pack. What we will have in the end is a more or less same lenght of wiring between the batteries and the esc/motor.

So its really a choice between a longer positive or negative wire.

If anyone can dispute this, please enlighten me, thanks.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

race hpi !!! the PRO4 Is awesome so far!!! no problems i did go to 48 pitch gears just because i like working with 48 pitch gears better!
Old 05-04-2004, 08:55 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by lazyboy
thanks for the info, also how long do your guys/gals cars drivtrain spin for with the motor out??? ive got 5-6+ seconds on it and was jw

lazy
Lazy - it will free up more when you run it. Mine spins for a long time.

As far as wiring, You don't need to change your battery packs. I run my positive lead back by the left rear tire, with the negative towards the front.

The length of wire + / - doesnt matter which is longer, just as long as they are both as short as possible.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

My wiring configuration has more to do with the discharge trays that I use. My trays are polarized, so i have to run my packs the way I posted.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:59 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCBuddha
My wiring configuration has more to do with the discharge trays that I use. My trays are polarized, so i have to run my packs the way I posted.
I just run mine the way I do because when I started running electric sedans, I bought some used cells to get me started. They were wired this way, so I've done all my packs like that since.

I bought my promatch tray to match my cell position.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Yup, i've been doing my packs this way since '87. The reason? I started in offroad, and packs wired in this way put the terminals closer to the ESC on an offroad car.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Erik Shauver- are the bearings that came with the pro4 microlon treated?
Old 05-05-2004, 01:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have a question, will the anodised center drive shaft short the batteries if the batteries ever shift out of the slots and come into contact with it??

I'm contemplating reversing my battery placement (I dun wanna resolder 8 packs!) so I can get the positive end of my side by side pack to be closer to the motor but it will result in the contact bars on the inside (closer but not touching the shaft) instead of along the side of the chassis.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:50 AM
Tech Addict

Where can I find the pics from the World's Warm Up race? I'm very intruiged to see these new bits
Old 05-05-2004, 06:25 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Entropy: yes it can.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:16 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys...

Anybody got a link to RainbowTen's site?
Old 05-05-2004, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

i dont think it could as if you ever use a anodised heatsink on your motor...and it shifts upto the endbell and it touches -ve and +ve it doesn't short them out.

but only thing to do is try it...with the person u hate most batteries
Old 05-05-2004, 07:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Entropy
I have a question, will the anodised center drive shaft short the batteries if the batteries ever shift out of the slots and come into contact with it??

I'm contemplating reversing my battery placement (I dun wanna resolder 8 packs!) so I can get the positive end of my side by side pack to be closer to the motor but it will result in the contact bars on the inside (closer but not touching the shaft) instead of along the side of the chassis.
Entropy-It looks close i know but i have side by side batt packs and i never had a problem with that yet what i did is there is 2 holes on batt side in the chassie and i put in to screws with bolts so they wont hit the shaft try this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.