Community
Wiki Posts
Search

spin out prob.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default spin out prob.

here's a question for you guru's. i'm running a tc4 team kit. the car seems to have a problem with spinning out in right hand turns, and right hand turns only. handles fine for left hand turns. it appears to happen at the start of the turns. the end point/ turning radius appears to be correct. any ideas what it could be. i thought it migt be too much steering but since it only happens on rigt hnd corners.......
Old 09-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Not really a guru, but how lose is your rear diff. I was having the same issue with a different car, it would slide out way more to the right then left, and switched out my rear diff with an adjustable and tightened it up, now doesn't slide either way unless I want it to. Also make sure your tires are right for the track surface.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by solardragon
here's a question for you guru's. i'm running a tc4 team kit. the car seems to have a problem with spinning out in right hand turns, and right hand turns only. handles fine for left hand turns. it appears to happen at the start of the turns. the end point/ turning radius appears to be correct. any ideas what it could be. i thought it migt be too much steering but since it only happens on rigt hnd corners.......
1. Have you checked the tweek on your car?
2. What tires are you running front and rear?
3. You may try a softer rear spring.

I have never encountered the diff issue as referred to above but is sounds like a good place to start after you check the tweek.

Did this start happening all of a sudden or you made some type of change to the car, ie. setup, brushed/brushless, tire change.....

I started having a similar problem when I added a GTB/13/5 to my 007. I checked the tweek tried multiple setup changes with no luck.
I eventually loosened every screw on the car and tightened everything up to make sure the chassis was flat. No more problems.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeah, if it's not the diff and it's not the hub bearings it could be many, many things.

I would also suggest checking your shock angles (make sure that they are mounted in the same holes top and bottom). Any set up difference left to right will make the car work against itself
Old 09-24-2007, 06:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

did you check your droop on the car ,,,,, that side of the car may not be dropping all the way down , also you may have soft spring on the front suspention which it will make the car to dive in the corners,,,,,,,,, just my .02
Old 09-25-2007, 01:02 AM
Tech Regular

ok thx for the feedback. you all have given me lots to check out. might not be a simple fix. i'm trying to think when the problem started and it just might have somethin to do with the droop, but i'm pretty sure it is set ok. i have checked it several times. i was wondering perhaps the car has more weight on the left hand side?

also not sure how the diff works. there is a adjustment screw on the one side to tighten or loosen it. does this adjustment affect one side more then the other? the problem started before any adjustment was made to the diff thou.

seems to me it started right after i upgraded the servo and speed control
Old 09-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

Hi I had the same problem with my Yokomo SD LCG. I have rebuilded the diff and it was over. It did the front give some more overdrive by loosening the diff. It just won't slip but it also not too tight you can't turn the wheels to see the working of the diff. I also have soft springs in the rear and had springs on the front. On the front I have a oneway drive with special drive axles/cups by Atomic which gives it a spool-effect. I use Sorex on the front with medium inserts and rear MuchMore tyres with medium inserts. Inserts are by Atsushi Hara.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by MrUnlimited; 09-25-2007 at 03:56 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by solardragon
seems to me it started right after i upgraded the servo and speed control
How good is the fit of the servo horn on the new servo? If this is sloppy or damaged after the changeover it can really mess up the handling as the steering may not be centreing properly, or may be binding a little.

Or, possibly the new servo is faulty.

A free-moving and precise servo linkage is essential for the car to run well. A little play at the wheels is OK but the servo horn itself must be rock solid on the servo gear.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Servo and speed control upgrade might not anything to do with it. But but, it could also be the whole issue. Are they mounted in the same exact location, or did you have to place them somewhere else because of size? If you have changed the side to side weight balance on your vehicle that can change the handling characteristics of the car.
Are they the same weight as the ones you have replaced?
Did you get a bomb a$$ steering servo that has way more throw and torque? Does the new speed control have multiple settings? maybe you need to adjust the settings so that you have less torque at the wheels.
The screw in the diff will affect both side evenly or it should!
Good luck with that!!