Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Roar Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
You can run anything there or you could as of the early this month.
Whoa, that's strange. I've always heard horror stories about mixing different traction compounds in carpet. Most tracks pick one and everybody must use the same thing.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Whoa, that's strange. I've always heard horror stories about mixing different traction compounds in carpet. Most tracks pick one and everybody must use the same thing.

I'm sure no track would permit carcinogens in the area..... health issues aside, some of that stuff just stinks!!
Old 11-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The only time I have ever seen something like that happen was when "TQ" products and others were mixed on the same track. Look at Cleveland Im sure that more then 2 or 3 compounds were used and traction wasnt an issue. I race at a track here locally that lets you use anything and I know there are about 4 or 5 types of compunds used the grip is better then another track that only uses 1 and has more cars running on it.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
The rule was written when ROAR had tracks running the events and the spirit was to show experience.

With RMT involved, ROAR looks at the acceptability of the facility and the amenities since ROAR runs its own events.

Obviously, that rule needs updating.
Then technically (since it's still in the rulebook), a host track should have fulfilled this requirement in order to host a Nats, correct? Why make rules if you don't abide by them?
Old 11-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

And I take it HobbyPlex is a Jack track? I guess I need to start looking into an airline ticket and hotel... =)
traction compound is open, most use paragon but a few slide around on jack the slipper
Old 11-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

We've hosted the Roar region 8 regionals here back in 05, and we've held the dirt and oval regionals as well. Not to mention our big carpet races twice a year.

We're good from our end. Hope to see everyone in mid March!
Old 11-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

to answer the question:

each track was evaluated for experience and rules.....

HobbyPlex followed the rules and met the requirements. To state here they didn't or ROAR didn't follow the rules to draw a conversation isn't fair to a fine facility that was just awarded a prestigious national event less than 24 hours ago.

The class committee evaluated the bidding tracks with extreme scrutiny and gave very complete and well thought out recommendations.

But, thank you for asking. I hope this answered your question.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
We must.. and I say must... begin working on making regionals mandatory for national attendance... and begin working much closer with our affiliates as to proposed dates for any event. Nice thing is.... the ROAR excom is revamping as we speak the process of sanctioning and we so much appreciate Chuck Moon and his efforts.

If regional attendance will become a requirement, I believe there needs to be a better plan about ensuring each regional director makes an attempt at running a level 3 event for each major class of racing. Based on the last 6 rev-ups I looked at, Region 9 is all nitro all the time and there hasn't been a stitch of action in Oklahoma.

I don't know how much of making a level 3 race happen is incumbent upon racers and tracks or if ROAR and the RD's are encouraged or inclined to solicit participation in these events. Either way, more communication about the goings-on would be a good thing.

If Region 9 tried to run a level 3 carpet event and couldn't get a track to host it, I'll shut my hole and go sniff some Paragon, but I don't think that's the case.

Chris
Old 11-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
Ahhhh dang!!! I was good with the 5th-9th....but the 13th is my 4th Anniversary....looks like I might be out.....
Mcgoo tell her you have purchased a nice racing package for her
Old 11-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
Great so then nobody can ever go to a nationals from region 9....

Have I said how much our region stinks?
I'm voting for you as our new RD as a write in if you don't run.

Chris
Old 11-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The problem is no electric tracks in this region wants to have anything to do with Roar. Because its been all about gas for so long, and those gas people have left a really bad taste in peoples mouths. Maybe the new region director will start talking to tracks and explaining to them why they should want to be apart of Roar and hold Roar races. But most likely he'll blow off electric racers just like the past directors have....
Old 11-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

The problem is no electric tracks in this region wants to have anything to do with Roar. Because its been all about gas for so long, and those gas people have left a really bad taste in peoples mouths. Maybe the new region director will start talking to tracks and explaining to them why they should want to be apart of Roar and hold Roar races. But most likely he'll blow off electric racers just like the past directors have....
We have a regional director? When did this happen? Who voted? And where was the ballot? Hell, i didnt even know region 9 was active since our last director made electric racing null and void and blew us off.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beeanner
We have a regional director? When did this happen? Who voted? And where was the ballot? Hell, i didnt even know region 9 was active since our last director made electric racing null and void and blew us off.

Sounds like you guys need to move.....I did....(ex-Texan)
Old 11-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Well said beeanneer
Old 11-27-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckearns
I don't know how much of making a level 3 race happen is incumbent upon racers and tracks or if ROAR and the RD's are encouraged or inclined to solicit participation in these events. Either way, more communication about the goings-on would be a good thing.
Maybe the new region director will start talking to tracks and explaining to them why they should want to be apart of Roar and hold Roar races. But most likely he'll blow off electric racers just like the past directors have....
Originally Posted by beeanner
The key to this is that if the RACERS demand it there would be a regional event. Unfortunately, the attitude of these posts (intentionally or not) seems to be "do it for me...if you build it I will come". I absolutely believe that if the Nationals required Regional participation it would cause enough demand for Regionals by racers that tracks would line up (once again) to host an event.

But don't sit back--work with your local track. Let them know you would support a Regional. Even if it ISN'T required for Nationals participation. Don't make them have to guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.