Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Roar Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Working on that today actually. The place opens on the 18th of December. We e-mailed the owner today, so it won't be long before that info is up.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
I have just recently been to the Hobby Plex for their big fall race. It is an excellent facility, without question. They have hosted regionals before, as others have posted.

Rob King
ROAR On Road Electric Commitee
THE "TECHNO VIKING" ALSO APPROVED THE R.O.A.R NATIONALS TO BE AWARDED TO THE PLEX....!

REMEMBER - THE TECHNO VIKING DOESN'T DANCE TO THE MUSIC... THE MUSIC DANCES TO THE TECHNO VIKING..!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks, Alex.

I think I have a 5 year old MR4TC in my closet that you can use if your brave enough.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Beardmore - I am coming for you. That whimpy ring of bubble rap will not save you from the spiked front bummper I got.

Lee
Old 11-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FroBoy
Sucker...

oh yea.... living for the abuse..
Old 11-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beeanner
Not to hi-jack the nats thread, but trust me. My intentions are not about "do it for me". I apologize if they came off that way. We did demand a regional race countless times only for our director to blow us off as said before. Its one of those huge long drawn out stories that nobody wants to hear about how bad its been here for years. Trust me when I say we as racers in this region are doing what we can to get things back on track, we just need the tracks and director to lend an ear.
Well to add to this in Region 9 the same track that hosted the regioanls for the last 5 years decided not to do it anymore due to the fact certain racers were always complaining that the same track has hosted it for that long. So he decided not to do it anymore for the time being. When you get tired of the same complainers time and time again, but no one else to step up to the plate to offer to hold the regionals. You get what you get no support and no regional race. It was always the same group that complained and spearheaded by the same person. Amazing that person is now leaving the state now.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbeardmore
THE "TECHNO VIKING" ALSO APPROVED THE R.O.A.R NATIONALS TO BE AWARDED TO THE PLEX....!

REMEMBER - THE TECHNO VIKING DOESN'T DANCE TO THE MUSIC... THE MUSIC DANCES TO THE TECHNO VIKING..!
Yes, the Techno-Viking was pleased by your offering.

Just keep him in the shot, weinerschnitzel
Old 11-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Rob
Old 11-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Suspended

Well, as a Region 9 racer, I must say that there isn't a whole lot of on roaders left between the two states. Maybe 30 electric guys anymore and maybe 10 will actually try and compete in the sedan class cause it has no importance anymore in this region. I was upset that last year we had maybe 15 guys in stock, 7 in 19, and 4 in mod. Most running at least two classes, while some did all three. 12th scale is the same situation but even less attendance.

Hobby Town in San Antonio has an awesome electric track. So what if it slants away from you? Tires last more than 20 runs and are fast every time. Its actually one of the cheapest races around. Too bad it wasn't held this year. I actually had to leave the region to go to a regionals...

Anyways, Hobby Plex is a nice facility and deserve the race.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Congratulations to the guys at the Hobbyplex. The track is great, the hobby shop is the best I have ever seen for stocking parts for racers.

I have attended the last 2 big races at the Plex and they did a great job--just speak to some of the sponsored drivers who attended these races.

For the fall race, just listing some of states of people attended that is spoke with included, Minnesota, North and South Dakota, Illinois, Texas, Colorado, Montana, and Iowa.

Just check out the Rctech Nebraska board these guys love on-road racing.

It will be a great race.

Tom
Old 11-27-2007, 08:17 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Dates:

March 5-9, 2008

Information regarding contact and entry flyer will be posted on the ROAR Website soon.

I'll be working with the track, magazines and Excom regarding entry flyers....

and yes, working on online registration for nationals .....

Dawn
I would like some clarification on the dates, the 5th is a Monday and the the 9th is a Friday? Usually the Nats are a Wednesday-Sunday event?? Please post the dates for the event.

Thanks,
Jim Herrmann
Old 11-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Dates will be: March 12-16, 2008 I'm just off the phone with the track. No, it can't be moved to April and no it can't be Easter weekend in March. This is the only other weekend available.

My deepest apologies to Region 11 Championship sanctioned event.
Hi Jim - March 12-16, 2008

Todd Beardmore here. I met you at the Vegas race... (last year)

I'm sure I'm speaking for all of us who are lucky enough to call HobbyPlex our home track, that we're all excited to have everyone come to experience "The Plex" here in Omaha.

We feel very fortunate to have such a fine facility and we'll be looking forward to hosting, sharing, and welcoming you here in the Big "O"...!

I'm sure you'll enjoy..!

Last edited by tbeardmore; 11-28-2007 at 05:17 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

o you know i will be there!
Old 11-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

can't wait for the race. My only question is will 4600's be legal for this race or 4200's? So I can figure out what batteries i'll be running for the Nats.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Any battery on the approved list is legal for this one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.