R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-24-2007, 05:41 PM   #16
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

3 Maryland tracks put bids for 3 on-road electric ROAR nationals.

The Track, Rockville/Gathisburg: carpet on-road nationals.
Track 301 Brandywine: on-road asphalt.
The C Frederick: on-road asphalt.
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:47 PM   #17
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
ROAR would be crazy not to accept this bid. Great facility and great promoter; this is what ROAR needs!
Amen!!!
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:26 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

There are at least 5 bids for the carpet race, and 3 for the asphalt..

The bids are from all over the country. Florida, Ohio,Texas,Maryland and Nebraska for the rug, and Maryland, Arkansas and Texas for the hard stuff.

All the bids are very good packages, our committe has it's work cut out. We will make a suggestion to the EXCOMM ,and they will announce the nats after thier next meeting.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:28 PM   #19
Tech Champion

BTW, this is the most bids for our nats in a long time. Somethign ROAR is doing must be ok..
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
Old 09-24-2007, 07:30 PM   #20
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPotter View Post
BTW, this is the most bids for our nats in a long time. Somethign ROAR is doing must be ok..
when the deadline get's extended a couple of times this is what happens. I think the first deadline was june?
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:46 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tcian

i will be going this year yes the gate did put in and thats a great track also
tcian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:18 PM   #22
Tech Champion

Well, it was extended last year too. But we still only got 1 bid for the asphalt nats... and if I recall 3 for the rug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
when the deadline get's extended a couple of times this is what happens. I think the first deadline was june?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:18 PM   #23
Tech Master

Well, obviously everyone that is located next to a track is going to want their track to get the bid... so, Ill put up a fight for my local track, Mikes Hobby shop.

1. The DFW airport is very close and is one of the largest airports in the country making it accessible to all. Its also a very cheap airport to fly to.

2. The track. Its most likely the biggest carpet track in the country along with the biggest facility.

3. Facility wise, we have a deli and more than enough pitting to do the job. First class.

4. Hotels all around

5. Dallas needs an electric nationals. Hasn't been one here in how long?

6. My poor college butt cant travel so lets bring the race to me...

7. Drivers stand! Ours is twice the size of normal so there shouldn't be any fighting over spots...
If Mikes doesn't get the bid, then I hope that Omaha gets it for the sheer fact that its another top notch facility.

Texas EOS 2018!
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:51 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

cleveland had it 2004 conneticut 2005 cali 2006 detroit 2007 I think it's been a push to get tracks to submit for it as was said and Roar has been having to scrap by with a few tracks that might not of been ready to handle it. but as for a east coast west coast thing most of your carpet tracks are in the northeast I would think you would have a great response from that area to get entrees. I have been to the last 3 and with only 250 entrees allowed it seems to have a better following then pavement onroad if held at the right track. it will be intersting who gets it for 2008 and yes after talking to Queller at Josh's track last march he has some great ideas and the host track should be a little more secure in having a great run race with the race management team. just don't let ruben near the power plugs.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:58 PM   #25
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The HobbyTown USA Hobbyplex put our bid in in April.

Check it out!

www.hobbyplexraceway.com
FroBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:09 AM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Don't worry Rob I'll be at the carpet nats in '08 and I'll make sure that the power strip gets turned off for your charger so you can't race if that's what you call it when you put your car on the track and drive with other cars on the track at the same time. Stick to the camera, at least we know you'll do a good job with it. BTW .... we had over 280 at the '06 carpet nationals in Stockton and Josh had over 260 last year at CFEX. I'd fully expect the '08 race to exceed 250 as well.

There are more bids this year than any other year in the past 4-5 years for on-road electric. I think tracks are figuring out that the RMT thing is actally a good thing for national events. Tracks no longer have to fund had-out motors and awards which are two of the bigest expenses, they are guarented a min $$$ amount and it's far less work than it used to be. RMT is helping to bring back the tracks interest in ROAR National events and that's good for everyone.
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:19 AM   #27
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Look at the 3 Maryland tracks....

These tracks are class 1 facilities and the locals are the first ones to offer help if you need it.

BUT all 3 track owners have the same problem... They think of the racer and the event first and themselves second.

3 yes 3 major airports BWI, Dulles and National ( I refuse to call it anything else after it was named for Nancy R. )

DC is 25 miles from The C, The Track: 15 and 301 is 20 these are guess-a-ments. Washington, DC is the capital of the US and the world for that matter. There is so much to do and see... You can bring the family and make it a vacation that everyone will be happy with.

Hotels.. plenty to choose from, stuff to do... Museums are free.. What else can anyone want...
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:13 AM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm throwing my bid in for my local track...www.mikeshobbyshop.com

As Chris stated, we are 15 easy minutes from DFW airport, the track itself is a MONSTER, the largest and tallest driver's stand i have ever used that can hold about 20-25 guys. Pit spaces galore!!! The Hobby Shop is one of the best I have ever been in, and we are centrally located so there is no east coast west coast fighting, lol.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:32 AM   #29
Tech Master

Sounds like a lot of great tracks in the bid. Thanks for the kind words about bringing it to Minnreg. Largo is a great area, with tons of food, hotels, airports, attractions, and more. Here is a little video showing Minnreg:

http://snowbirdnationals.com/minnreg/Minnreg.wmv

Mike
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

it would be awesome to have back at minnereg old school style. i know alot of the top pros definitly want to come back. i would like to see it not only because its a great facility but because the team that will put it on is second to no one

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote