Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eddie10
can someone explain how to get the caster adjusted accurately. thanks
and how do you check what degree its at
Eddie10,

The caster on the Formula front end is adjusted fairly easily using an RPM adjustable camber gauge. You will need to take off the front and rear tires and put the car onto a flat surface. From the side of the car you and align the RPM gauge so that its parallel with the kingpin. If you have trouble getting the alignment you can remove the kingpins and replace with 1/8 drill blanks or roll over antenna's. You adjust the caster using the forward most link and the camber with the other one.

I always check camber and caster while making adjustments to ensure one doesn't change the other. There is a small amount of overlap while adjusting camber, but once you get the hang of it its remarkably easy to get set.

Hope this helps...

Beavis
Old 11-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beavis353
Eddie10,

The caster on the Formula front end is adjusted fairly easily using an RPM adjustable camber gauge. You will need to take off the front and rear tires and put the car onto a flat surface. From the side of the car you and align the RPM gauge so that its parallel with the kingpin. If you have trouble getting the alignment you can remove the kingpins and replace with 1/8 drill blanks or roll over antenna's. You adjust the caster using the forward most link and the camber with the other one.

I always check camber and caster while making adjustments to ensure one doesn't change the other. There is a small amount of overlap while adjusting camber, but once you get the hang of it its remarkably easy to get set.

Hope this helps...

Beavis
Will we be seeing you this week Beav?
Old 11-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

sold

Last edited by Goingfast; 11-27-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

anyone ever use a jr 3650 servo. i bought one today and noticed its quite a bit smaller than a futaba 9602. just wanna know if its a good servo

Last edited by eddie10; 12-02-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The JR 3650 is a great 1/12th scale servo. It is the only server I use in my REV5.

BTW - Congrats to Donny Lia for winning the Cleveland Indoor Champs 1/12th 17.5T TQ and A-main last weekend!
Old 12-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

+1, the JR 3650 id the only servo in all 3 of my REV5's

+1, Congrats to Donny,
Old 12-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Congrats to Donny and Bruce on the win in Cleveland.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beavis353
Eddie10,

Hope this helps...

Beavis

Bruce needs to come out with a gauge like RACETech had back in the day for the Trinity EV-10 on-road car. Shame I don't those old molds any more. Maybe Sean still has one in his pit box that you could copy from. I will have to see if I can find a picture of one to post.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You just quoted a post saying exactly how all the team drivers set the front end. It isn't complicated at all. Nothing special for a gauge. Camber gauge, and a rollover antenna. All you have to do to the rollover is chuck it up in a dremel and take some sandpaper to it so that it fits into the suspension balls and steering block.

Set camber first, then caster, and then double check camber to make sure it hasn't changed. Though if you were already in the ballpark it shouldn't change by any noticeable difference.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thanks

Guys
Thanks for the congrats, was a long week but man what a blast.

Once again my Rev. 5 performed flawlessly. Ya know, I guess I am partial, but it is amazing to me how far ahead of the field this little car is. It seems like every big race we go to I am outnumbered 20 to 1, and somehow we are still able to win. I can only imagine how strong it would be if we had more of our cars in the A mains that we could actually share setup information with.

The World GT car was especially good this past week as well, missed TQ by .10 and owned the single fastest lap of the entire event for the class. Albeit these results with from what I understand the only Speedmerchant Formula Pro 10 in the building.

Anyways, thanks again guys, and especially a big thanks to Bruce Carbone for providing some awesome cars to drive.

Donny Lia
Old 12-03-2008, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

congrats donny and bruce.

your little car was head and shoulders above the rest. We will get you some running mates next time around. lol

we have 4-5 guys converted to the rev5 down here in Texas and are on the pole and podium every weekend. we even have McGoo and dumas comming around some. And in world GT 5-6 of the guys drive the SM car. we just need to keep bruce's nose to the grind stone and keep building more kits. lol
Old 12-03-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 360rcspeedway
Guys
Thanks for the congrats, was a long week but man what a blast.

Once again my Rev. 5 performed flawlessly. Ya know, I guess I am partial, but it is amazing to me how far ahead of the field this little car is. It seems like every big race we go to I am outnumbered 20 to 1, and somehow we are still able to win. I can only imagine how strong it would be if we had more of our cars in the A mains that we could actually share setup information with.

The World GT car was especially good this past week as well, missed TQ by .10 and owned the single fastest lap of the entire event for the class. Albeit these results with from what I understand the only Speedmerchant Formula Pro 10 in the building.

Anyways, thanks again guys, and especially a big thanks to Bruce Carbone for providing some awesome cars to drive.

Donny Lia
Donny,

Don't get me wrong, the car is very good and conrats on the win but this is my gripe. I believe I speak for many on this one as well...

As far as I know and despite a great deal of unsatisfied customers the delron motor pods still come with kit... it is an obvious issue which is why a select few are running the aluminum pod...why has Bruce not made a running change?

Also, finding parts as well as customer support through SM is amazingly poor. I have had nothing but problems and I finally gave up on the entire program along time ago...

This is exactly why you don't see more SM product on the rugs these days...

I am not even a BMI customer but that is how you run a strong program. All companies should pay attention to Jason and what he does for his customers on a daily basis.

Travis
Old 12-03-2008, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I am not speaking for Bruce or Speedmerchant. But I think that the sales/support models are different for the 2 companys. Jason and BMI work more direct with the customer. they sell direct to the customer and jason provides support to the customers directly.

I see Bruce and Speedmerchant working through their drivers and through hobbyshops more. Understanding that this is not Bruce's fulltime job, product is a little slower. I know 360 has part and kits on the wall. And my lhs is starting to stock part and kits from Speedmerchant on the wall as well. we have pretty strong support from Speedmerchant through our LHS.

As for the delrin bulkhead. I have had no problems with mine. I swapped to the alum bulkheads from Team Tamale because it gave me more room for the sensor wire. Since the IIC was a handout brushless race, 1/12 stock used the speedpassion motors. the sensor cables from speedpassion are stiff and I have seen several that had wires break at the connector. The tamale bulkhead are made thinner then the delrin bulkhead and provide more room for the sensor wire. I ran my rev5 for 4 months before the iic with the regular delrin bulkheads.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I have the REV 4.5 with the Dynamic front end...
question is : The old skool front end is better handle on high or low grip traction?
Old 12-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? New Build Questions

hi Guys

Glad to join the thread. Doing my first 12th scale build with my new Rev5...a few basic questions:

1. What all parts do I locktite?
2. How tight do the Tweak Brace Stand-Offs need to be? do i use a pliers on stand-offs or just hand tighten? Do i locktite stand-offs?
3. Do I need to file and round-over the lower pod plate around the center link area?
4. What do i use to polish front suspension balls?

Thanks
Jason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.