R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #601
Tech Regular

Default Final tweak on latest set up needed

Raced today and finally getting to grips with car. Went good today.
Reverted to OEM front end with Alloy knuckles ,although not tightened the grub screws.
Set up is a s follows.
1.1.5mm neg camber
2.Caster 4 degrees.
3,Centre holes on links.
4.Preload front king pins green spooge
5.Front wheels very small amount of toe in.
6.Blue sping on shock
7.Oil 50wt.
8.Tubes red spooge.
9 Droop rear 1 degree.
10.Side springs 021 backed off

Car is approx 90 % how I want it. Where i need a tweak is,car is under steering in too a corner, middle an exit are fine.Tyres today low to meduim grip.
Jaco Pink rears, Magenta fronts. Jack additive.

So whats the final piece of the jig saw.
tellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:41 AM   #602
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
Reverted to OEM front end with Alloy knuckles ,although not tightened the grub screws.
Set up is a s follows.
1.1.5mm neg camber
2.Caster 4 degrees.
3,Centre holes on links.
6.Blue sping on shock
7.Oil 50wt.
8.Tubes red spooge.
9 Droop rear 1 degree.

Car is approx 90 % how I want it. Where i need a tweak is,car is under steering in too a corner, middle an exit are fine.Tyres today low to meduim grip.

it would depend on how much "turn in" you need. you could try to reduce your preload on the front springs, a little more droop, a little more caster. .023 side springs, and even red center spring

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #603
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Set up is a s follows.
1.1.5mm neg camber
2.Caster 4 degrees.
3,Centre holes on links.
6.Blue sping on shock
7.Oil 50wt.
8.Tubes red spooge.
9 Droop rear 1 degree.

Heres my recomendation....

swap out the 21's for 23's, but still no preload. 35 wt shock oil with red spring. 50 weight will slow the weight transfer front to rear. Toe in will also make the car lazy going into the corner. you can go toe out if your still looking for more.
beavis353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:37 AM   #604
Tech Regular

Default is this normal rev5 lipo

Raced my car for 9 runs approx 80 mins of good handling. As I plan to run on sunday thought I would clean the car and give it a check.
Found both teflon front washers had badily worn and almost mushroom shaped them selves. Biggest concern is the carbon front plate that holds the teflon washers.
Looking from the front of the car left hand hole has elongated itself NEast, right hand hole the same NWest almost to the point of 1/3rd of the teflon washer seating doesnt exsist now. Is this normal.

Is this ok, I dont have a spare axle plate so will have to run as is.

Before the clean up and washer change car was awsome ,hope i havent done any thing to change this.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:59 AM   #605
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

if you run a lot of caster or hit a lot of boards, then yes, the carbon plate will elongate the holes for the king pin. I still run mine and they have been that way for quite a while. I really have not found it to change handling. as long as the teflon shim is still whole, you can take something like a 3mm wrench and push the shim back into the top plate. most of the time the teflon shim jsut deforms. a good tool to do this the tools that is used to push the pivot balls out of the associate dynamic front end. I push a washer on it and it is 1/8 in size. all I do is crank it down and it flattens out the teflon shim in the whole. that is what I use to insert a new shim also.

here is a pic of one.
http://www.teamirsrc.com/irs1376.html

i usually run the teflon washers until they are "dead". in stock the slop of the front end does not make that much of a difference to the handling of the car. as a matter of fact, it seams to calm the car down. i guess since i run double pink fronts full sauce, that the slop helps that out a little.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:41 AM   #606
Tech Regular

Default wanted derilyn washers

Can any body spare a couple of sets of the Team Tamile derilyn washers. Contacted larry and he doesnt have any at the moment.
Gladly pay and p&p.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:46 PM   #607
Tech Regular

Default RS TEKIN V2.03

Any Speedmerchant guys down loaded the new software yet. What is the noticeable difference to the Vegas 200 version.
Should i wait till the Birds to load it. Im not racing now till I arrive in Florida,apart from tomorrow when there is a big club meeting.But going to use exsisting setings.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:18 PM   #608
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Tekin RS v203 software

From what I have been reading, if you can test run it now, you should. As soon as possible, to adjust to its differences. It should be a huge improvement, and you will want to be aware of its differences. Read the Tekin RS thread,http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...sored-636.html, there are quite a few new pages in the last day, due to v203 coming out, but in there, I have seen enough important facts to get you going. If you are going to travel to a big event, you will want to be closer to what everybody else is also running. Big events always a full of new things, you should make your awareness of the new software, "less new", so you won't be as overwhelmed when running on a new track and conditions you have never run on as well.
I do not know how much experience you have running at big events, but the track often changes very quickly from lower traction to rather high traction, so being ready for these kinds of things as well, helps keep the racing fun, instead of head aching.
Look up a Tekin racer at Snowbirds, they are all very helpful, and have been testing this software for a bit already, so are prepared with info.
Oh ya, the Speedmerchant racers are also great help with info.
Have fun. wish I was going.

Last edited by oldrcr; 01-01-2010 at 02:29 PM.
oldrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #609
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Any Speedmerchant guys down loaded the new software yet. What is the noticeable difference to the Vegas 200 version.
Should i wait till the Birds to load it. Im not racing now till I arrive in Florida,apart from tomorrow when there is a big club meeting.But going to use exsisting setings.
I raced it yesterday in oval and will run on road this Sunday. YOU NEED TO GET IT NOW AND RUN IT! You'll need to learn how to tune and set it, but based on oval, picked up 2 laps with it, you get into the corners faster, so your chassis needs to be set up better.
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #610
Tech Regular

Default Snowbirds

My bigest worry is racing anti clockwise.In Uk we run clockwise.So will be using all my practice time.

Used the new Tekin software today as did 5 other runners.Ran redline 10.5.
Will post set up tomorrow ,in fact will post what i ran and the winner of the B final settings.Its a good starting point.A lot of today was all trial and error as nobody had a clue whare to start.
By the end of the day cars were flying inc mine.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:46 AM   #611
Tech Regular

Default Tekin RS with new software settings

Used the new software yesterday,After a bit of trial and error settled on the following. Car was awasomely quick and was the equal of most of the Nim cars.
Still not settled on the end RPM and range so may need a little tweaking. Also on one run had push set too 25.As it happened this was my fast run. But came too the conclusion why have push if you have Drag brake. Some one might want tooo comment on this one.Car was very quick on straight and a bit hot too handle out of the corners.

Track carpet 100ft X 40FT (30mt x 12mt)
Fast and flowing.
Motor redline 10.5 timing set too zero
car a speedmerchant rev5 l

drag 5
brake 100
rev off
neutral 5
bl-fw
throttle 4
push off
timing boost 45
turbo 10
1S lipo
turbo delay 0.5
sensored
end RPM 10,500
4278-----8569
ramp 2
Old 01-08-2010, 12:22 PM   #612
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hey Guys,
I just bought a 4.5 and wasn't able to find a thread on here that covers just that car. Seeing that it has been about 20 years since I ran 1/12th, I got back into it due to a new track opening soon, but haven't run yet. Just going to be club racing for the first year with my 11 y/o. Hopeing I might be able to get some answers on here.

I contacted Bruce for set up info, which he replied quickly on.

What about electronics? Do I need to spend the money to get the Tekin RS or will a GTB 4 cell work fine for club racing? What about batteries? Please feel free to make suggestions.

Thanks.
JustMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:15 AM   #613
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2 View Post
Hey Guys,
I just bought a 4.5 and wasn't able to find a thread on here that covers just that car. Seeing that it has been about 20 years since I ran 1/12th, I got back into it due to a new track opening soon, but haven't run yet. Just going to be club racing for the first year with my 11 y/o. Hopeing I might be able to get some answers on here.

I contacted Bruce for set up info, which he replied quickly on.

What about electronics? Do I need to spend the money to get the Tekin RS or will a GTB 4 cell work fine for club racing? What about batteries? Please feel free to make suggestions.

Thanks.
You could run with a GTB 4 Cell but you will not be able to update the firmware like you can with the RS. I just sold my GTB for an RS and I would highly recommend it. The adjustable nature of the RS is very nice.

Tekin RS all the way!!!!

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life. - Muhammad Ali
Castradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:41 AM   #614
Tech Regular

Default Snowbirds 2010

A special thanks too Bruce and Kenny for there help during Snowbirds.Although I was miles off the pace i really enjoyed myself and would certainely do it again.
Roll on next year ,also thinking about the Vegas jaunt in sept.??????
Old 02-15-2010, 10:38 AM   #615
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You're welcome looking forward to Vegas already myself.