Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

any news on the new sterring kit?
buffalobill989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:50 AM   #32
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thScaleCrazy View Post
Where does it say it's a new design??? They call it their "new formula front end", they never said it was a totally new idea.
Their news page on the SpeedMerchant site says: "The other big news is up at the front of the car. Our new "Formula" front end is just awesome."

I guess I must have interpreted the words OUR and NEW differently.

Maybe a better description would have been "tried and true design," but this the R/C industry we're talking about. Why not take credit for it?
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:04 AM   #33
Tech Adept

What are they supposed to call a front end that is a new product to them???

I really don't see what you're reading into it....it seems pretty plain and simple that they developed a new link front end for their 12th scale...not that they developed all link front ends???
12thScaleCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:26 AM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

I used a CRC ball popper just because I had it in my toolbox. It worked good popping them in and out. I know some other companies sell them.
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:58 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed View Post
Their news page on the SpeedMerchant site says: "The other big news is up at the front of the car. Our new "Formula" front end is just awesome."

Maybe a better description would have been "tried and true design," but this the R/C industry we're talking about. Why not take credit for it?
While the overall design isn't new, THE SIGNIFCANT IMPROVEMENTS made to the durability, and ease of adjustment are definitely NEW. Not having that Crappy plastic clevis on the top should make the front-end significantly better in a number of ways.

Why does everybody have to say something negative?
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:01 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Quote:

Ohhh yeah, I almost forgot......

The car looks "killa" Bruce. I just don't understand how you can get anything done with the twins!!!
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:49 PM   #37
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Why does everybody have to say something negative?
Sorry, I'm not a member of the SpeedMerchant ass-kissing society. I love how you guys get your panties in a bunch whenever anyone says something that isn't flowery nice about a product or a company. What I said wasn't even negative. All I said was that Bruce's "new" front end wasn't "new," but was a 25+ year old R/C design, as everyone including the SM marketing hype seems to want to make it out as something shinny new and original.

How's this sound... I'll go back to lurking, and you guys go back to sucking up to Bruce.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:20 PM   #38
Tech Initiate

Thumbs down

While the front end while maybe new and different to SpeedMerchant it is far from anything new in the industry. Team Ugly, Trinity, Bud's and currently another 1/12 mfr from Europe have all given this design a whirl. It's proven and it works.

Memo to Speed Merchant, give credit where credit is due. You guys have a proven track record of winning, and don't need to do something like this. Don't go and rip off other designs and try to persuade the buying public that it is something that you though of on your own. Nobody thinks that that is very cool, except for the sheep that call SpeedMerchant "their daddy". Keep your strong reputation what it should be and don't steal an original idea and call it your own.
hyperformguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:59 PM   #39
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Notice:
The front end concept is not a NEW concept. Its a New front end developed by Speedmerchant. The concepts within are almost all new. Teflon O-ring, no molded or plastic lower arm or to warp or twist, and interchangeable to other cars very easily.

I have run the new car at the last 2 Trackside races, and its totally dialed.

Now we have 2 front ends to offer: The New Skool "formula", and the old skool that won almost every major race last year.

Beavis
beavis353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:01 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thScaleCrazy View Post
What are they supposed to call a front end that is a new product to them???

I really don't see what you're reading into it....it seems pretty plain and simple that they developed a new link front end for their 12th scale...not that they developed all link front ends???
Hey, didnt I see you last weekend at the track with your hellfire? Ever get that thing running?
beavis353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:15 PM   #41
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Who cares about the front end the real story is the rear pod no metal just delrin.. I am surprised you crybabies are not complaining about heat transfer of delrin vs. metal. car looks Great I can't wait to get one.
clinehobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:32 PM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I would like to add that with the delrin rear pod and the extra accessibility it provides, being able to clamp a Peltier device (Crazy RC Motor Freezer, ie) with the motor IN the car is GREAT!!

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:01 AM   #43
CSB
Tech Initiate

We always hear that garbage about "stealing idea's" in real racing. The best things dont come from revolution, they come from evolution. Every car is a copy of another in one aspect or another. Im not part of the "ass kissing" brigade, just calling it like I see it.
CSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:41 AM   #44
Tech Adept

Quote:

O.K.

There have not been any NEW designs in 1/12 scale for many years. After all there are only so many ways you can skin a cat with these cars... Every design this year has simply been a revision of a previously done design. These revisons in most circumstances do however drastically improve on earlier engineering. The real test for all of these designs will be at major events when the traction comes up! This will turn the hype into reality.

That said, this car looks very good to me. I am sure it will be fast.

Nice work Bruce.
march to my own is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:07 PM   #45
Tech Addict

Congrats on the first big win for the Rev. 5. Stock 12th iic champion Steve Boice. As well as 3 others in the main.
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote