R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-17-2008, 09:16 PM   #181
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Congratulations to Speedmerchant on a great performance.
Both Dumas and Lia were Ballistic in Superstock and Dumas should have filled a Flight plan for his Mod car

Great finishes and congrats on the win Mike.
Bruce and Beavis thanks for the help on our cars, I know we would not have been as dialed with any other brand of car.

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:01 AM   #182
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Bruce and Beavis - thanks for all your help this weekend and getting my car dialed in. Bruce - it was a pleasure to meet you. Beavis - thanks for the crash course in showing me what to do with the car.
Congrats to Dumas for wheelin the crap out of car!
Old 03-18-2008, 07:05 AM   #183
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Congrats on the performance at the nats guys.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:14 AM   #184
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to joey

Mr. McGoo

whats the part numbers on the tie rods you have on your car, i need some blue in my rev5
Old 03-19-2008, 10:19 AM   #185
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey View Post
Mr. McGoo

whats the part numbers on the tie rods you have on your car, i need some blue in my rev5
i maybe wrong, but I beleive that those are associated turnbuckles

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:03 PM   #186
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The formula turnbuckles are 1 3/8 (1.375). The blue associated ones are part number asc1402
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:26 PM   #187
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

Thanks.

It was really nice meeting a whole bunch of SpeedMerchant drivas at the race. For a lot of you, that was your 1st or 2nd “big race”, on a very unforgiving track, and you guys did great.

I’d like to thank Justin”Beavis”Johnson for being a huge cog in the SpeedMerchant race machine. I really couldn’t do it without him.

Congrats to Mike Dumas on “back to back” ROAR Mod Titles. Not an easy feat to accomplish! Mike’s skill and nerves of steel are truly second to none. Until you see someone like Mike pilot a 12th Mod car around a difficult track, you really can’t appreciate how just incredibly talented they are.

I wanted to say thanks to Donny for making it to the race and qualifying 3rd in the A Super Stock class. A lot of you probably don’t know, but Donny is a full time NasTruck racer. When we first made plans for him to come to the Nats, it looked like he had a week off from real racing. He didn’t find out until just days before the Nationals that he would have to be down at Martinsville to do testing with his real race car team……on Wednesday and Thursday (the Nats practice days). Instead of pulling out of the Nats, Donny flew down to Martinsville on Tuesday, drove his truck all day Wednesday and Thursday, and then flew up to Omaha on Thursday night. He then got in about 10-minutes of total practice on Friday morning before qualifying started. If that wasn’t bad enough, Donny had actually turned in over 425 laps in his #71 truck at Martinsviulle, and his hands were blistered from the steering wheel. Add in just about zero sleep for the week, and Donny should get a trophy for just making it to the race. Donny is a class act and a great friend.

You can get more info on Donny Lia the professional driver at http://www.donnylia.net/ All of the Truck races are either on FOX or the Speed Channel and are very entertaining.

I’d also like congratulate Ray Darroch on his 12th Super Stock Title. Ray and Mike both repeated their 12th titles from last year. There isn’t a nicer person in the sport, and he earned a great victory. We need more people like Ray in our industry.

Thanks again for the kind words and the support.

Take care.-Bruce
SpeedMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #188
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
i maybe wrong, but I beleive that those are associated turnbuckles
You are correct. The associated turnbuckles come standard on the "Beavis Edition"... which by the way is only available to body painters and long necked Zebra's.

Thanks for the kind words guys. It was nice to get back to the home office for my normal schedule.

I for one am getting geared up for Pan Sedan.... who's with me?

Beavis
beavis353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:53 PM   #189
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

on the new front end to use the very outside holes do you have to cut the rod links threads off
xxx-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:55 AM   #190
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavis353 View Post
You are correct. The associated turnbuckles come standard on the "Beavis Edition"... which by the way is only available to body painters and long necked Zebra's.

Thanks for the kind words guys. It was nice to get back to the home office for my normal schedule.

I for one am getting geared up for Pan Sedan.... who's with me?

Beavis
At least i fall into the body painter category.....those long neck zebra's are tough to find....lol....

I too just wanted to give a big shout out to Dumas wheeling to back to back National wins!!! It was ridiculous to see him wheel for an entire 8 minutes with Cyrul, Chicky, and Darroch constantly all over him......unbelievable concentration....great job man!!!

I also wanted to thank Bruce and Beavis for all of the help. You guys were always willing to help the other SM driva's, and it showed....My car was the best 1/12 I have ever driven and you guys tuned to car to my driving style - thank you so much!!! I am gonna be busting my tail between now and Vegas to become a contender in 1/12....

(and maybe a little pan sedan too!!!!)
Old 03-20-2008, 01:36 PM   #191
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx-s View Post
on the new front end to use the very outside holes do you have to cut the rod links threads off
Yes, you have to trim quite a bit of the ball end, and use shorter tie rods. AE makes some nice shorter ones that we ave been using.

Middle Middle is the new standard front end setup we have been using. Works well almost anywhere.

Beavis
Old 03-20-2008, 01:39 PM   #192
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo View Post
At least i fall into the body painter category.....those long neck zebra's are tough to find....lol....

I too just wanted to give a big shout out to Dumas wheeling to back to back National wins!!! It was ridiculous to see him wheel for an entire 8 minutes with Cyrul, Chicky, and Darroch constantly all over him......unbelievable concentration....great job man!!!

I also wanted to thank Bruce and Beavis for all of the help. You guys were always willing to help the other SM driva's, and it showed....My car was the best 1/12 I have ever driven and you guys tuned to car to my driving style - thank you so much!!! I am gonna be busting my tail between now and Vegas to become a contender in 1/12....

(and maybe a little pan sedan too!!!!)
The long neck zebra was a Donnie Lia reference. There was some colorfull commentary all weekend in the Speedmerchant Pits.

I'll apologize now to anyone who may have been sitting near us and fell victim to the verbal atrocities.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:40 PM   #193
Tech Adept

"Complete drain on resources"
Old 03-20-2008, 04:25 PM   #194
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedMerchant View Post
"Complete drain on resources"
I'm not on the team anymore and you're still referencing me at races?

Congrats guys, it was another stellar weekend for the team.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #195
Tech Adept

"I'm not on the team anymore and you're still referencing me at races?

Congrats guys, it was another stellar weekend for the team."

LOL....Thanks Ian.