Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Phoenix - The CEFX C12 is Reborn!! >

Phoenix - The CEFX C12 is Reborn!!

Phoenix - The CEFX C12 is Reborn!!

Old 10-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Is the new Phoenix available? If not when will it be? I'm looking to get a new 12th scale for the winter.

Thanks,
Old 10-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bloodninja
Will there be a limited "Mo" version?

Where upon a sub-par performance and effort, all the radio gear and motor will be ejected and the car will vanish into thin air?

That's a good one. I just heard that whole story from Josh last night.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi Josh, your tread made me pretty curious about the car. For some reason I cant get my GenX to function well for me and I wanted to try a T-bar car instead.
When will further pictures be available? CAD pics would be ok for me, cause I just wanted to see the front- end of the car.
On the CEFX website I saw the C12 didnt have a asso/crc front end. Is it possible to mount this? If not, how strong is the CEFX front end (not that I hit a lot, but one good hit is enough to mess up a day if you dont have the spares )?
How is parts support Europe (Belgium)?

What would be the expected kit price?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I believe your looking at the version prior to the evo 2. the evo 2 had been revised to use the asc front end. check out cefxraceway.net as i don't beleive he's been updating the older site.

Really looking forward to this car Josh.

Originally Posted by Quante
Hi Josh, your tread made me pretty curious about the car. For some reason I cant get my GenX to function well for me and I wanted to try a T-bar car instead.
When will further pictures be available? CAD pics would be ok for me, cause I just wanted to see the front- end of the car.
On the CEFX website I saw the C12 didnt have a asso/crc front end. Is it possible to mount this? If not, how strong is the CEFX front end (not that I hit a lot, but one good hit is enough to mess up a day if you dont have the spares )?
How is parts support Europe (Belgium)?

What would be the expected kit price?

Last edited by Jesse Bean; 10-23-2007 at 04:52 AM. Reason: web addy
Old 10-23-2007, 04:51 AM
Tech Regular

Both the C12 and Phoenix use the Associated style front end.

The C12 works really well in stock and 19 turn and the Phoenix is mainly aimed at mod and brushless. At the moment I'm still running the old car in mod.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

I just noticed today that the Phoenix is available for sale through cefxraceway.net website.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomkelley
I just noticed today that the Phoenix is available for sale through cefxraceway.net website.
Yeah and you can have it build by Josh too.... How much for him to teach you how to drive too? Hmmmm a hand built 12th scale by the 12th scale guru....tempting.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

I'am All for That!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate Building cars.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

If I remember correctly, Josh is offering driving and set-up advice on a regular basis at CEFX. Saturdays comes to mind but I can't remember for sure.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for my delays. I've just had a ton of stuff that I've been working on here that we are trying to finish up. Soon, we will have all the pics up on the CEFX Raceway site for all the kits and parts as well as a bunch of option parts for other mfg's cars that we are now making. More pics and info coming soon!
Attached Thumbnails Phoenix - The CEFX C12 is Reborn!!-phoenix-1.jpg   Phoenix - The CEFX C12 is Reborn!!-phoenix-2.jpg   Phoenix - The CEFX C12 is Reborn!!-phoenix-3.jpg   Phoenix - The CEFX C12 is Reborn!!-phoenix-4.jpg   Phoenix - The CEFX C12 is Reborn!!-phoenix-5.jpg  

Old 10-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Here's one more....
Attached Thumbnails Phoenix - The CEFX C12 is Reborn!!-phoenix-6.jpg  
Old 10-26-2007, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Thanks for the Pics Josh, very nice looking car.

Steve
Old 10-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Josh,

Just gettin back into the hobby and decided to go the 1/12 scale route. I ordered a built phoniex last weekend, and I can hardly wait, You've been one of my favorite drivers and i couldnt pass up a chance like that. Looking foreward to getting it out on the track.

thanx
Don
Old 10-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

After 2 rounds at the Holloween Classic @ The Gate Mike Blackstock piloting a Phoenix is current TQ and Josh Cyrul sitting 3rd Great Job so far Guys, Also Jim Herrmann is current Tq in 1/12th Stock, I think running a C12 EVO2, info from Nashracer, Just got mine today building oh so slowley Kit looks sweet cant wait to drive...
Old 10-30-2007, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

rog - Thanks for posting an update on the race for us!

With Jim's TQ that makes 5 TQ's in 1/12 stock over the last 6 carpet races (Cleveland, Nats, Stock Invite, Vegas, Halloween Classic). While the mains haven't always gone as well, we still have 3 wins over those 6 races. I don't think anyone realizes that while we don't have the majority of cars at the track, consitantly we have the fastest cars so I really want to thank the group of guys we have racing CEFX for the support and awesome job at the races!!

Congrats to Mr. Blackstock for bringing home the first win for the Phoenix. We messed up qualifying a bit as we are still trying to find the limits of the Phoenix. Both Mike and I kept looking for a more aggressive set-up as both of our cars were super easy to drive. We tested .062, .072 t-bars as well as a biased cut (45 degree cut) .062 t-bar. I also tried the Hot Bodies front end along with 5 and 10 degree blocks, .018 springs, .020 springs, tires...lol... Both of us were just throwing way too much at our cars and we really should have TQ'd. Mike and I were both on TQ runs (6 seconds faster than the eventual TQ) in the 3rd round when Mike hit a dead car at the end of the straight and tore the front end off. I burnt up the rear diff and drove posi-1/8 gas style for the last 2-3 minutes. Sunday, we just went too far with the set-ups as both of us were super loose!! Mike went back from .018's to .020's for the main and his car was great. He started from fourth and got the lead about 2 minutes in and checked out from the pack. Mike set the fastest lap in 1/12 Mod also with a 9.6. For the main, I didn't go completely back to where I was but I should have, I was still super loose in the main and while I ran second behind Mike for 2-3 minutes, it was just too hard to hang onto....

Overall a great race for CEFX. 2 Wins, 1 TQ. Now, it's time for a little more testing and we will be ready for Cleveland!

See everyone at Cleveland!! I know I am looking forward to it!!

Last edited by Josh Cyrul; 10-30-2007 at 05:53 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.