Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC3 or xxx-s

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Default TC3 or xxx-s

Ok, here is the deel i don't have a lot of money for repairs or hop-ups right now, so which car will be the fastest, and most durablr out of the box.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think the tc3 is more durable. But not until you install a BRP or RPM front bumper. The XXX-S has a pretty wide front bumper stock though. I haven't broken any front suspension parts with my tc3 yet with the RPM front bumper. I think the tc3 is just more durable. It's also shaft which requires less maintence.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i agree with racerdx6, if you get a TC3 the first thing you HAVE to get is the RPM or BRP bumper. It will save you tons of money. I have no comments on the TC3 vs XXX-s though.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

How about the Yokomo SD ???
Old 05-15-2003, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Intermission - pick up either car - they are both quite durable and the parts are easily obtained at any local hobby shop or raceway - the fact remains that if you hit something head on - neither one of the cars will break, typically its a shearing style hit such as the front wheels that will break the cars.

The fact remains that most TC's on the market today are quite durable, as the nature of TC racing is quite rough on the cars

As for the discussion of maint. I would have to disagree with racerdx6 - the TC3 will require far more time to keep running in top shape - things such as tweak come to mind. And the shaft vs belt for wrenching time is also a moot point on these two cars - the XXXS has a sealed drive train - thus very little dirt enters the center tunnel, the most common need for belt work.

BTW - use the search feature next time... there are probably 30 different threads on topics very similar or even identical

Wilde

Last edited by tufferwilde; 05-15-2003 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

does anybody know which one is faster out of the box
Old 05-15-2003, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Niether. Getting a fast car isn't about which chassis is fastest, they can be as fast as each other. It's about setup, experience, equipment and alot of other factors. You can't just say the TC3 or the XXX-S is faster because that would be a B/S statement. Get which one you like more. Parts support is awsome and advised but it isn't necessary, you can just buy alot of spares via mail order incase you break.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

which one is easier to work on
Old 05-15-2003, 10:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

the TC3 is very easy to work with, alot easier to get to your diffs, bearings, etc
Old 05-15-2003, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

I don't know about the bearings but the XXX-S diff's are a snap to get to, unscrew 6 screws (I think that's right) take the cap off and loosen the belt and you've got the diff in your hand. So I wouldn't say the TC3's diff's are "alot" easier to get to.

Old 05-15-2003, 10:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

your right fat doggy, but im just talking in general, since nothin on the tc3 is really enclosed.... ive driven the xxx-s b4, smooth car, i only went stayed with the tc3 because everybody else had one, but i do use losi steering blocks