R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-08-2006, 08:09 PM   #166
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry White
WOOHAHA! I can not believe what crap some are trying to sell. When is the 1/5 scale version coming out? I'd like too see the face of the custom's when you are trying to get one of those on a plane!
Well as a manufacturer, I am use to and always welcome constructive criticism but for anyone to question the quality of something they DO NOT OWN and have not even seen yet, I will defend that to the death. The PRO BOX is a one of a kind patten pending RC pit box. With a year and half of design and prototype time, with all CNC construction, REAL tool draws with dado slides, a 100 foot cord real built on, 7" ball baring rubber wheels designed so you can roll PRO BOX up and down stairs, storage for up to 2 1/8 scale buggy’s, permanent mounting for all of your electronics, the side work table option allows you to pit with out a table, our optional draw liners are the same draw liners used by the General Electric Company in their jet engine facility. SO, if this sounds like "CRAP" to you, you must reside on a different planet from the rest of us. If you have any real questions, I would be more than happy to answer them for you but even better, PM M2_DRIVER, he is a real PRO BOX owner and can tell you all about them with no sales involved. My theory is to build the best product I possibly can and let my customers make the choice. I have been doing it for 13 years and I am not going to stop now.
Rick
megawatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:36 AM   #167
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry White
WOOHAHA! I can not believe what crap some are trying to sell. When is the 1/5 scale version coming out? I'd like too see the face of the custom's when you are trying to get one of those on a plane!
thats funny, the first thing I did was go to the links you have and I see one for a compnay that sells and fancy looking aluminum thinga majiggy to hold the battery bar while you solder it, are you kidding me.....c'mon if it is something you dont like then fine, no need to show your ignorance by bashing something. I dont own one, I know the Rick, the guy that sells them, and know he puts out a quality product. the ones he has sold are reliable, strong and the owners love them. No cardboard boxes that break after two months and plenty of space to store all your junk, even has space that battery bar holder.
chach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:42 AM   #168
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chach
thats funny, the first thing I did was go to the links you have and I see one for a compnay that sells and fancy looking aluminum thinga majiggy to hold the battery bar while you solder it, are you kidding me.....c'mon if it is something you dont like then fine, no need to show your ignorance by bashing something. I dont own one, I know the Rick, the guy that sells them, and know he puts out a quality product. the ones he has sold are reliable, strong and the owners love them. No cardboard boxes that break after two months and plenty of space to store all your junk, even has space that battery bar holder.
What battery bar holder? I can't find it. I can only find that huge Probox, It's definitely not for everyone, whether it's a good design or not, everyone can have their own opinion. There is nothing wrong with what Barry White said. I also find that Probox a bit "too much", like Barry White's hair.
caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:40 AM   #169
Tech Regular

Of course eveybody can have an opinion, but so many of these threads start out with good intentions and turn into product bashing which really sucks.
chach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:56 PM   #170
Tech Adept

Guys,

Check out the latest RC Driver for a write up on the PRO BOX!
M2_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:49 AM   #171
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

tool I think everyone should have....Just have to wait till someone else makes a cheaper version...

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=HUD106000

-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:28 AM   #172
Tech Elite

Default interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2_Driver
Here is something you should check out...

PRO BOX

The thing looks heavy....the website doesn't mention what it weighs when it's empty.
chicagokenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:47 AM   #173
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That's cause it broke the scale when they weighed it....:P

Later EddieO
Old 09-10-2006, 10:35 AM   #174
Tech Elite

Default our travel cases

we use two of these:

http://tinyurl.com/zxxmj

they are 48 inches tall and about 23 inches wide, with wheels on the bottom. I've taken corrugated cardboard and built an inside frame. I use various plastic cases to hold evertyhing and stack the cases into the luggage.

At the track we unload at the table then roll our bags out of the way.

Without the gear inside the luggage with the courrgated is about 8 lbs each case.

I like that big pitbox because of the drawers. But the weight of the box without gear might make it too heavy for the kids to move it around.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:16 AM   #175
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to Mini Toink Send a message via Yahoo to Mini Toink Send a message via Skype™ to Mini Toink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerwil
In Holland, nearly everyone has a PolyButler Pitbox case:

Loads of thing fit in that one pretty well. I have two of them in which I can line up all my equipment.
Gr,
Mike
Is there a site who ships internationally? or this is just for Holland?

Toink
Mini Toink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:51 AM   #176
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to Mini Toink Send a message via Yahoo to Mini Toink Send a message via Skype™ to Mini Toink

Anymore pics of your cool gadgets in your own pit? Lets see more!!

Toink
Mini Toink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #177
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Pro Box Weight

Can anybody post the empty weight of the pro box ?
swopemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:14 AM   #178
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Can anybody post the empty weight of the pro box ?
Empty it probably weighs around 40 pounds or so. I have mine COMPLETELY filled with stuff, and I have no problem lifting it in and out of my Jeep. It comes apart in the middle, so I store my cars, radio, and big items down below, and then all of my tools and spare parts in the drawers on top.

I will try to get some pictures of my setup and post them later.
jmorrison518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:33 AM   #179
Tech Elite

Default Foam Cushioning

I thought this thread would be best to post this question to.

I'd like to create my own boxes for storage of radio gear, chargers, power supplies and batteries. I'm like to have the stuff nestle into foam for impact protection.

What kind of foam do I buy, where do I get it, and the bigger question.....how do I custom cut it so that the equipment fits nicely?
Old 10-16-2006, 10:49 AM   #180
Tech Elite

I wish someone would make a bag like the F10 with just car transport in mind. I've got the F8 and love it, but I'd love a bag just for my cars. When my son comes with me to the track I've been known to take 4 cars along...

Perfect bag would be f10 size, long drawers with an inch to spare height wise for a TC to fit...