R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-19-2007, 02:24 PM   #136
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kuzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rimer View Post
How about...wrong! Please refrain from posting innacurate speculation. I have never heard of "Wath". Your credibility has just been eliminated. I thought you just misspelled "what".
Read a little closer. He's stating what he thought the broken english actually said. Not what he actually thinks.
kuzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:24 PM   #137
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bigemike

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjacobs View Post
Bigmike, I don't know how else to say this again, nimh cells are in a STEEL TUBE, they don't need a plastic case around them. Your argument doesn't make any sense. Exposed lipos are protected by SHRINK WRAP and FOIL. Batteries in cordless phones are protected by the Phone, and the li-ion batteries in phones are still in a plastic case. Airplanes and helicopters are in an environment where every gram counts because they are FLYING, plus unless you crash, I don't think another plane will sideswipe your plane.
I know exactly how lipos are constructed. You can encase them however you want, but foild and shrink wrap is fine for me. do you think an exposed sub-c is actually protected with that extremely thin slightly thicker than foil case they are in. I have seen nimh damaged from impact, so if you get hit that hard or wreck that bad, you might tear up anything. I personally have never had that problem, and I am willing to take the chance.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:33 PM   #138
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default steel vs foil and heat shrink

Bigmike- You aren't comparing STEEL to shrink wrap and foil are you? It takes a big hit to dent a nimh cell, in that same accident, what will be left of the soft cased lipo-> at $120-$150 per pack. Just because soft cased lipo's are good enough for you, that isn't an endorsement of them for anyone other than you.

SMC- So danny from smc wasn't on rctech.net downplaying lipo's? I know you bought a majority in smc, but the fact remains, SMC's (not your other companies) bread and butter is matching and selling sub-c cells.

My point is that orion/peak have a track record in LIPO and DISCLOSE which cells they use. You don't have a LIPO track record and won't disclose which cells you use, other than to imply (not state) that the cells you are using are expensive.
billjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:37 PM   #139
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzo View Post
Craps, I love what you're doing with the enduros but I gotta tell you - the fact that even when you are trying to be reasonable you can't layoff insulting others really gets old.

I have never once called you careless, ill-informed or even retarded. The fact that I have chosen Orion packs in no way means that either I am paranoid or you are a careless retard.
Sure you can choose the Orion packs because of past preference in preformance if the paranoia label does not apply, but please don't try to make rules to ban the type of battery I choose to race with!

Again the Hardcase should be a USER OPTION and NOT A RULE!
Craps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:39 PM   #140
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Read a little closer. He's stating what he thought the broken english actually said. Not what he actually thinks.
I am referring to the original post. Sorry, undark. I should have quoted the original one.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:39 PM   #141
Tech Apprentice

I believe Danny also said they would zap and match LiPo just like they do with NiMH. :-)

I'm not going to hold that against them, though, I'm just glad to see a major player getting involved.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:43 PM   #142
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craps View Post
Sure you can choose the Orion packs because of past preference in preformance if the paranoia label does not apply, but please don't try to make rules to ban the type of battery I choose to race with!

Again the Hardcase should be a USER OPTION and NOT A RULE!
Deal, I haven't and won't promote rule changes for either. I think the clubs can and will decide that for themselves. As always though I will not recommend anything less if the subject comes up. I think we've been causing more damage to the overall cause by all the bickering that happens and I've been putting the effort in to choose my words carefully.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:49 PM   #143
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
I think we've been causing more damage to the overall cause by all the bickering that happens and I've been putting the effort in to choose my words carefully.
I just got off the phone with Guinness about the use of my backspace key today.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:49 PM   #144
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjacobs View Post
Bigmike- You aren't comparing STEEL to shrink wrap and foil are you? It takes a big hit to dent a nimh cell, in that same accident, what will be left of the soft cased lipo-> at $120-$150 per pack. Just because soft cased lipo's are good enough for you, that isn't an endorsement of them for anyone other than you.

SMC- So danny from smc wasn't on rctech.net downplaying lipo's? I know you bought a majority in smc, but the fact remains, SMC's (not your other companies) bread and butter is matching and selling sub-c cells.

My point is that orion/peak have a track record in LIPO and DISCLOSE which cells they use. You don't have a LIPO track record and won't disclose which cells you use, other than to imply (not state) that the cells you are using are expensive.
I'm not sure why we would disclose a source to the public we spent over a year trying to find, that makes batteries we feel are some of the best available. If this makes you uncomfortable, run something else and leave it alone.
The guidelines for getting LiPO products into the distributors has become very stringent. We have to submit all of this data to them or they will not even look at our line. They evaluate the data from the manufacturer and if it is satisfactory, they sell our line. If not, they tell us to get lost. We have passed these evaluations with no issues.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #145
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I'm not sure why we would disclose a source to the public we spent over a year trying to find, that makes batteries we feel are some of the best available. If this makes you uncomfortable, run something else and leave it alone.
OK then. I wish you good luck with this new battery and I will leave it at that.

Last edited by kuzo; 09-19-2007 at 02:57 PM. Reason: sPEeling porBlems
Old 09-19-2007, 02:54 PM   #146
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
The guidelines for getting LiPO products into the distributors has become very stringent. We have to submit all of this data to them or they will not even look at our line. They evaluate the data from the manufacturer and if it is satisfactory, they sell our line. If not, they tell us to get lost. We have passed these evaluations with no issues.
Good luck with the new batteries. Get those team guys to tell everybody how much they love LiPo. :-)
Old 09-19-2007, 03:10 PM   #147
Tech Adept

BEWARE THE RCTECH INTERNET LIPO POLICE!

How DARE you release a product before checking with them first.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:12 PM   #148
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

EDIT: Nevermind I caught up on the thread and saw this was already addressed
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:13 PM   #149
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

He already clarified...he was referring to the other guy...
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:16 PM   #150
Tech Fanatic

Him. I am saying he is wrong and should not post untruthful information.