Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Orion revolution mod bearings

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default Orion revolution mod bearings

Hey all. I'm trying to get some info on changing the bearings. I looked through all forums and even tried signing up at orion's web but it won't let me log in. My B/L is gone for repairs and i need bearings for my rev 12tx2. what are the bearing sizes and how do i pop them out ? Thanks. Dan
Old 09-18-2007, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

Not sure on the size of the bearings but they are the same as any other motor bearings as far as I am aware.

To get the one in the endbell out take the o-ring out of the top of the endbell, and then the bearing should come out fairly easily through the top. The can is a bit less straight forward as the bearings tend to be really tight in there. You need to find something which is the right size to sit on the bearing from the outside of the can, and then hit it gently with a hammer. It's much better doing lots of small taps rather than one or 2 really hard hits.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

thanks skill. I'm really surprised that orion doesn't sale them on their web page. My lhs is 2 hrs away and most parts in need have to be ordered. thats why i need a size. Thanks aways. Dan