Wiki Posts
Search

How do you get a sponsor?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Originally Posted by Andy who?
It won't be long and CEFX will be packed with the winter onroad crowd and you will see just how fast you are.

Almost forgot...Fourth and FINAL- If you're not having fun I'll know about it!
I race there too. See you in a couple weeks. I'll be the large guy in the Kyosho shirt. Please refrain from yelling "Hey Coolaid!!"
Your on.............Oh and what happens if I do yell "Hey Coolaid!!"
Old 09-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
Same. 14, addicted to RC and single.

Also, about the whole thing with the older guys not listening to the younger guys... True. I have found, the adults won't come to ask you for help until they have asked all the other adults and they don't have an answer. But, in many cases I do get alot of questions from my peers and some people stopping by and checking out the track. I am extremely close to being on the level with some of the fast guys at the track. I am on average, about .1 to .3 seconds away from the fast guys. The new kids see me, and would rather ask me for help, instead of the adults because I am their age and am a decent driver and won't have a problem stopping what I am doing to help them out. Also another thing that helps is your attitude. When I am at the track, some of the other kids are in their pits playing iPods and messing around with each others cars and trash talking. See, would a company want a kid they sponsor running around, stealing other people's car bodies, cursing, trash talking and blasting offensive music at the track. NO. You have to be professional. I run the practice at my local track, and one time one kid wanted to turn the PA system on to do karaoke. He is my age, and I said "no". He said back to me "Steve, we are kids, we should have fun". I said back "Yeah, but we should be professional and a good representative of this hobby". I don't think karaoke at the RC track is going to make someone want to join this hobby.
1- I was .00284 sec. behind the guy in 1st.
2- Older racers don't even look at me, only if its a question(I said "Nice car."
to a racer..............NO RESPONSE....... probably because he was working.)
3- I DONT EVEN OWN A IPOD!
4- I don't even like to curse, steal or trash-talk, an occasional "your on!" or "He He.............sorry 'bout that"
Old 09-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

wow u need to loosen up mate

Ryan cavalieri thinks karaoke is the bomb haha

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BDal2gO8uTs
Old 09-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Tech Addict

lol... im in the same boat

15, single, addicted to r/c (and xbox)

i want to be a team driver

i whup team drivers every sunday

but the only reason i want to be a team driver is so i can have a reason to LOAD my bodies with dekels

plain and simple
Old 09-18-2007, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

all i can say is have fun, for 5 years i "had fun"

then somehow i got into working in the industry.....lemme tell you it is a little harder to wanna race...actually the fun part for me is to go and help others and not race, i do it mostly for the friends part...

when someone says you have to go to a race it kinda makes it not fun

oh yea, and sponsorships are mostly in who you know,unless you can show up at a national and stick it in the top 3..... make everyone know your name for being the guy thats always helping everyone out
Old 09-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Since we are on the same topic. Just like to share some from this part of the world. Also I am in advertising,promotion and publicity.

About Us,
Like many, my son Andre Tew is 10years old and already racing with adults in almost any major races around here. Lately we change car and with it, we bought all the lastest that's available in the market (Xray to Tamiya).
I am the mechanic and supporter while his sole purpose is to enjoy,improve and of course father and son great relationship. (Very high cost for serious racer but then again,we both enjoy it) Also because I am in rc flying as long as I can remember and he being there almost every flying outing kinda spearhead the keen interest in rc car racing,the engineering and adrenalin.

WHY sponsorship ?...
It's to help and release the burden of self financing including trips. What more can be rewarding then getting sponsorship on a hobby that we enjoy most ? That include the passion for racing AND WINNING! Of course nothing comes free and with it comes responsibilities and pressure.

For any young racer on publicity..
If any brand were to sponsor a young racer,the marketing and advertising objective has already partly achieved. They will also look good because buyers will see the brand has early foundation and invest in the future potential champions. Playing a hand in promoting the rc sport at the early age if you will. That itself will already sell products. The least is brand presents and awareness !

The advice from the seniors and the "In people" are very valuable especially for the enjoyment and self achievements and discipline.

Just sharing and keep on racing for the podium.

With best regards

Stephen
The father and mechanic !
Old 09-18-2007, 05:36 AM
BJ
Tech Apprentice

I read on another thread a good statment.

"if you have to ask.......your not ready".lol.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

Sometimes its just about contacting the right people, being in the right place at the right time (providing you can back yourself up with what you have achieved)
Old 09-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tc3team
Sometimes its just about contacting the right people, being in the right place at the right time (providing you can back yourself up with what you have achieved)
Yeah. I've given guys advice, and they actually got 1st because I gave them a tip..........................
Old 09-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TCRacer101
........................................... .................................................. .......................dude.............I'm that remaining 1 kid.

My neighbor's son used to come to the track with me all the time... Now he's 18 and too busy trying to get some from the girl of the week... The kid must wash his car 7 times a week...
Old 09-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Modesty would probably help.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Woz
Tech Apprentice

im 21, got a gf that supports me, lucky i know... i bought her a Micro-T Uni life makes everything tight and sometimes difficult to race. Im just starting to get my weekends back now after 5 years so im hoping to do some nationals next year for sure. Main reason is because i want to know where i stand talent wise. But most of all, im not looking for sponsorship, as much as i would like to have a free car etc etc i think ill just wait for someone to come to me. I'd rather have sponsorship because i've earnt it rather than twisting someones arm for it.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

I want to get Modelcargo to sponsor me so I can get a brand new RS5... Just can't justify the 5k for the car.... hahahah....
Old 09-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
My neighbor's son used to come to the track with me all the time... Now he's 18 and too busy trying to get some from the girl of the week... The kid must wash his car 7 times a week...
............................Gosh, he's desperate!