R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-15-2007, 10:34 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Renuco612
Default First Time TC5 racer!!

Wassup everybody. for the first time I'm finally going to hit the tracks.I've been doing this hobby since I was a boy. I loved building but never raced .... well only once when I was 12 and I took second in the novice class, not bad I guess.

I got myself a TC5 and I finally finish everything. I am going to be running at NORCAL in union city. My question was what are some suggestions you guys have to get me started? Here is a list of what I have right now. I am using factory setting except the spur gearing.

Team associated TC5
RP 30 tires
LRP Sphere Competition TC
Novak 13.5 Brushless motor
Spur is 64p 108t
Pinion is 64p 45t
Futaba S9550 servo
JR XS3 radio and receveir

I'm pretty sure I need a setup kit. I was going to buy the integy brand with board and everything. what do you guys feel.

If any of yall can give me suggestions on what i can do to hit the track the right way I will appreciate it greatly. If any of you are form norcal I guess well see each other there. I'm pretty sure you can tell who I am because I am the Newbie on the tracks. Thanks guys
Renuco612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice

Default I forgot to add something.

I forgot to ad:

Orion 3200 Lipo carbon series
Ice charger
Integy power supply

I think I need a haulers bag. everything is inside a big bin.....LOL
Old 09-15-2007, 09:00 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

The integy setup kit is very good for its price. I would recommend to start getting an assortment of pinion gears also. With the 13.5 motor you would like to start at a 4.5 to 4.0 gear ratio on a medium size technical track. And welcome back to the hobby..............It's all about having fun racing.....Good Luck
porsche928gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:47 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renuco612 View Post
Wassup everybody. for the first time I'm finally going to hit the tracks.I've been doing this hobby since I was a boy. I loved building but never raced .... well only once when I was 12 and I took second in the novice class, not bad I guess.

I got myself a TC5 and I finally finish everything. I am going to be running at NORCAL in union city. My question was what are some suggestions you guys have to get me started? Here is a list of what I have right now. I am using factory setting except the spur gearing.

Team associated TC5
RP 30 tires
LRP Sphere Competition TC
Novak 13.5 Brushless motor
Spur is 64p 108t
Pinion is 64p 45t
Futaba S9550 servo
JR XS3 radio and receveir

I'm pretty sure I need a setup kit. I was going to buy the integy brand with board and everything. what do you guys feel.

If any of yall can give me suggestions on what i can do to hit the track the right way I will appreciate it greatly. If any of you are form norcal I guess well see each other there. I'm pretty sure you can tell who I am because I am the Newbie on the tracks. Thanks guys
Renuco,

My name is Art and I am a regular at NorCal. Find me at the next race day and I will help you get dialed in.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:18 PM   #5
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Renuco,

My name is Art and I am a regular at NorCal. Find me at the next race day and I will help you get dialed in.
Too add

Go to

http://www.rcracing.com/RC_Message_Board.cfm

Thats where all locals post, from Speed world, NorCal, Stockton, Cap city, Marin and a few others

Im a speed world local, so I cant comment much on the NorCal track.... But if you want to kind of meet the locals before you go, go post over there

Have fun
Old 09-16-2007, 12:50 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

As far as guys at NorCal Hobbies that can help you.

Lex Tyler
Jason Moberly
Art Davenport
Stlnlst
There are others and its the car we sell 15 to 1 compared to anything else so you should be able to find some help,no problem. www.rcracing.com is the local message forum for the SF bay area and just hit up the NorCal racing thread for some help.

I can help you too.I owned the car for 2 race days.I also work there.Ask for John Hicks.BTW nice selection of gear to start out with.The old saying Buy Cheap/Buy twice does not apply to you! Hope to see you at the races.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:24 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Default Thanks Guys

Hey thanks guys for replying ....... Thanks Art I will try to make it there the next race day ..... I went there just this past Saturday night to pick up my spur gear.
I will try to catch you next time.Ive probably already seen you but I just don't know your name.

So what is a good setup station to buy? Integy has one which
INCLUDES: Two set-up wheels with large, O-ring style tires
One set-up board with leveling bubble
Two adjustable board legs
One clear toe ruler
Two measurement brackets
Two measurement bracket pointers
Four axle nuts

But don't I need 4 of each and not just 2?

if you guys can help me again I would appreciate it.....thanks
Old 09-17-2007, 09:55 PM   #8
Tech Initiate

You never mentioned tools. I suggest some nice wrenches, such as the integy set. I also like to have three different types of pliers. Their are of coarse other tools but, these are the ones mostly used.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:51 PM   #9
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renuco612 View Post
Hey thanks guys for replying ....... Thanks Art I will try to make it there the next race day ..... I went there just this past Saturday night to pick up my spur gear.
I will try to catch you next time.Ive probably already seen you but I just don't know your name.

So what is a good setup station to buy? Integy has one which
INCLUDES: Two set-up wheels with large, O-ring style tires
One set-up board with leveling bubble
Two adjustable board legs
One clear toe ruler
Two measurement brackets
Two measurement bracket pointers
Four axle nuts

But don't I need 4 of each and not just 2?

if you guys can help me again I would appreciate it.....thanks

Well a racer at my track gave me a integy set up station, it has 4 camber/toe guages and I love it!

There a few used ones I think here in the sale section, or there like 70 bucks new, and you get 4 guages, the knobs, the toe guage, and the case....
Old 09-19-2007, 05:56 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
As far as guys at NorCal Hobbies that can help you.

Lex Tyler
Jason Moberly
Art Davenport
Stlnlst
There are others and its the car we sell 15 to 1 compared to anything else so you should be able to find some help,no problem. www.rcracing.com is the local message forum for the SF bay area and just hit up the NorCal racing thread for some help.

I can help you too.I owned the car for 2 race days.I also work there.Ask for John Hicks.BTW nice selection of gear to start out with.The old saying Buy Cheap/Buy twice does not apply to you! Hope to see you at the races.
Now why can't you post Stlnlst's real name? Is it the FBI thing or is it the dress?
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote