Old 05-15-2003, 09:49 PM   #48
sup
Tech Addict

any opinions on these chargers guys?
sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 09:27 AM   #49
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Just a simple question, Which is better, TekinBC112A or the Novak Millenium charger (first generation)?
oro27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 04:19 PM   #50
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Mike F

Quote:
Originally posted by oro27
Just a simple question, Which is better, TekinBC112A or the Novak Millenium charger (first generation)?
I would have to say the Tekin
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 04:21 PM   #51
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Mike F
Default what about the

GM charger? Would anyone consider that a good/great charger?
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 04:43 AM   #52
Tech Regular

what do u guys think of the eagle cdc 6.0 charger im thinking about getting one i have sceen alot of them at my track is it worth the 250$$$
Matt04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 05:11 PM   #53
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt04
what do u guys think of the eagle cdc 6.0 charger im thinking about getting one i have sceen alot of them at my track is it worth the 250$$$
The Eagle is a great charger, $250 is a bargain when you compare the features with chargers costing twice as much! It's easy to use and reliable, you won't regret getting one.
JohnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 04:26 AM   #54
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

yup, i agree my friend talked me into getting one and it's one of the best rc investments i got - it can charge/discharge/cycle virtually any rechargeable battery i use - single cell igniter, 4-cell receiver pack, 8-cell transmitter pack, 4-cell 1/12 packs, 6-cell 1/10 packs, etc etc. i do miss the motor run feature of my old T35 but i recently got a cheap 4-cell 1700 nicad pack for that purpose.
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 05:30 PM   #55
Tech Apprentice

Hope it doesn't break...
Black Adder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 08:47 AM   #56
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe

Alright, everyone wondering about the Pro-Trak. I have one, and have had it about 2 months now. first off when I got it, I paid $340 USD shipped, seeing that shipping is about 40 USD, I got it in about 1.5 weeks, but sometimes he has a waiting list since they build them by hand. I must say, for sub-c cells, this is the best charger available, you have to do a certain thing to it for it to charge down to 1 amp though, If you would like to charge like reciever packs, or Tx packs. Also, one thing I suggest spending the extra bucks on is his Temp. Module. The software is very nice, for testing your batts. and reading ALL the info(graphs and everything else you could imagine). To test if you have a faulty cell is very easy, also, very accurate. I am very happy with this charger, but sometimes Phil does take sometime to reply to emails, but dont hold that against the charger. Also when I had a problem with it, Phil called me, and we went over it over the phone and fixed the problem, if someone would like to know about the problem, then ask. Also, another nice thing, is that he will update his software, every ONCE-IN-A-WHILE, not very often or anything, and you can call him up or email him, and get the update and instructions, on how to install it on your charger. It handles GP3300's VERYwell, what I use the most, (.03 to.04 on the delta peak on the Protrak) and that gets them right up to optimum temperature,(130 to 135) in my city. I have had many chargers and I like this one the best, the Itegy 16x5v6 Is very nice for the money, I was also thinking about the CE GFX charger, but once I saw the screen on it, I said forget it!!
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:42 AM   #57
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Iīm also using a protrak since about one and a half year and it never disappointed me. Lotīs of features maybe more than you need but very easy to work with after some days.
I had a problem in the beginning caused by a firmware bug and Phil reacted very fast with an improved ROM. You never will get "the perfect charger" as there is no perfect thing in this world but the protrac is very close. Maybe it could be a little smaller and a Novak or a LRP looks a little more professional made but I doubt they work any better.
The Robitronic are also very good ( I used one before the protrac) but I think they do have some weak points the protrac doesnīt have.
One of them is they do get very hot which sometimes is a problem and they donīt like low input voltage (12V). In fact the protrac is working with input voltage as low as 30 mV higher than the battery youīre charging. I donīt know of any charger working on voltage that low. Thatīs maybe important if there is no mains at the track and you have to use your car battery to power up the charger.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 12:07 PM   #58
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

The protrak seems like a great charger. If one puts an order in for one, how long would it take to get to the states? Does Phil have an email address where I could contact him?
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 12:17 PM   #59
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe

yeah man,
I put that it took me one and a half weeks to get, but that sometimes he has a waiting list.
His email addy is on his site
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 11:10 PM   #60
Tech Adept

Default Protrak Charger

Most people in my country abondoned the Protrak. The reason is very simple, the Protrak doesn't like a fluctuating input voltage. I will display an error message if the supply voltage is fluctuating.

The problem now is that the supply of AC power from the Electric Company in my country is not very reliable. Sometimes it can be as low as 190V (220V Nominal). I know that on some "cheap" swithcing power supply, the ouput voltage can drop down from 12.5V, to arould 9V...

Other charger still able to operate normaly.

A.W
Pembalap is offline   Reply With Quote