R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-13-2003, 02:31 PM   #16
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

I have a Turbo 35BL and a Millenium Pro. No complaints with either other than no discharge on millenium. Barry White, the 20 amp thing applies to the motor run feature by the way, that means it will still keep running a motor even when it draws up to 20 amps. That is the current problem right now w/ 35BL's and 30's is that when your motor (more likely stock) draws over 13 amps it shuts off hte motor run and says "motor amp too high". I don't think CE would make a charger that can charge at 20 amps...no one would do that...
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 02:32 PM   #17
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Mike F

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry White
Mike F, if you like the reedy then take the Integy one. Same quality but a lot more features and cheaper!
Thanks for the insight
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 02:42 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Axiom5B

It says up to 20A charge rate.

Barry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 02:44 PM   #19
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Ohh, sorry my bad Barry. Why in hell would CE do that...i dono.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 04:51 PM   #20
Tech Regular

anyone know if the futaba is already in the market? Quite honestly, it combines the best or both the GFX and the Protrak. Seems like it can graph, can do a high Amp discharge (GFX) and it can also do temp detect and individual cell monitoring (Protrak).

Plue, unlike those other two chargers, it actually looks great! I own a GFX btw... and I think it looks a little rought round the edges!
jwwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 04:57 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Looks like the robitronic is interesting. Anyone seen the difference in punch/runtime compared to another charger?

Is the Futaba CDR 5000 allready out? Are there some links?
Old 05-13-2003, 05:03 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Babel Fish translation on the Yokomo Charger:

It is prototype of the YMP charger. Marketing type is the schedule which almost becomes similar specification.
Basically, the fact that it jointly uses with the PC is standard, but being independent, also it is possible to use. In that case, the controller of another body is used. In case of PC use there is no controller with and, also combined use is possible.

As for charge as for 3 systems and the inside 2 systems for main battery (1 - 6 cells)
As for one more, battery charge for transmitter and receiver (5 - 10 cells)
And discharge (1 - 6 cell 10A)
4 systems above operate simultaneously, all circumstances are indicated in the PC picture.

Automatic, race/lace, three modes of the manual can select mode.
If automatic does not think at all and pushes the button simply, thinking of the charge where the charger is optimum, it charges. As for race/lace, if the time when by his would like to use is inputted, calculating backward time, start and pause of charge, then you chase for the second time and charge, you finish in a state where you can use for designated time.
The variety trying, to set variously it can do annual, in method of being which you saw.
In case of PC use at the time and the like of charge end, melody of attachment (5 types) also it is possible other things to let flow favorite melody and tune by your.
In case of PC use, all data are recorded automatically, also calling and referring to and matching et cetera are possible.

In addition, here you talk and you equip the function of of the variety which cannot be exhausted. Still there is also an undecided part. Future you introduce consecutively.

Old 05-13-2003, 10:31 PM   #23
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie M
I think this is the best! Click the picture for a bigger picture

babel translation for the charger SPEC.
CDR 5000
Charge is possible to 36 cells.
Charge 10A.
Discharge 40A.
When the air warm, humidity sensor it is attached and - the terminal harness of selling separately (the line where the alligator oral clip is attached) it attaches,
information every of cell can be managed.
Data memory 10 is possible.
The various data the graph 6 it can indicate? Liquid crystal monitor attachment about in 7 centimeter angle.
It is connected to the computer.
Where can I buy this?
bruisedwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 10:46 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If I understand what they say on the web sit then ithe CDR 5000 is schedule to release sometime in June if not later.

Once it is available, I will for sure sale my GM commander and the Turbo 35BL and get Futaba!
Eddie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 11:15 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to M Ignacio

For the Pro-Trak, though, you need to buy extra accessories in order to run certain tasks. To run a motor you have to buy the motor run-in assembly and for temp. you have to buy the temperature detect module. BTW do you guys know if Pro-trak will come out with a 30 amp discharge?
M Ignacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 11:20 PM   #26
Tech Adept

Does anyone have a link or a pic of the Futaba CDR 5000?
Old 05-13-2003, 11:21 PM   #27
Tech Adept

Default Pro-Trak Link

www.pro-trak.co.uk
Old 05-13-2003, 11:26 PM   #28
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by Devin
Wow, that Pro-Trak charger does look nice. I like how it measures each cell individually when charging. Now if I could just figure out where to purchase one.
It has a seperate harness which comes with the charger, this monitors indivdual cells voltage on charge and discharge. You will find that most of the time only 1 or 2 cells are peaking out of your 6 cells pack. It only works with saddle packs or 6x1 packs...you cannot connect up the harness to normal stick packs.

M Ignacio- the motor break in stand is only used to "hold" the motor still...you do not need that for the Protrak to run-in the motor!

A lot of people confuse the indivdual cell monitoring during dischagre as "matching" of cells. This is not true...the figures you get gives you a "relative" relation between each cell of the pack....not an absolute value of indivdual cells like a turbo matcher will do.
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 03:10 AM   #29
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by bruisedwillis
Where can I buy this?
Japan..
Seriously .though.. I just saw one of these at my local shop and was drooling all over it

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 03:35 AM   #30
sup
Tech Addict

would just want to ask you guys what you think about apex and duratrax chargers? are they the same? coz they look similar. did a research about apex and saw that they are made in hongkong or china. was thinking about getting an apex mu + which is about US$106 or a second hand apex zero charger which sells at the same price. was just worrying about the power supply for the apex zero, the specs say that it needs a power supply input voltage from 12V-15V min. 40A!! is that correct? 40A seems a little high for most power supplies, imo.
sup is offline   Reply With Quote