R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-13-2003, 07:54 AM   #1
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Reedy Fury Modified

I'm looking into getting a Reedy Fury 8x3. I was just wondering what a good brush/spring combo for it is. This will be in a XXX-S on an outdoor asphalt track. I know the motor is getting outdated, but it's still fast. Also, is this a high reving motor design, or more of a torque design?
Old 05-13-2003, 08:44 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Fury is the predecessor of the Ti series of motors from Reedy. RPM is the motors greatest feature... but it is not short of torque in any way. Pick up some Quasar brushes from Reedy and continue to use the copper stand-up springs that come with the motor. If you overheat them (springs), they turn a tinge of blue/orange... replace them then. Start timing in the 12-18 degree range. Its a great motor... i liked it better offroad on loose tracks... but really shined on outdoor unprepped large asphalt tracks in TC. Hope this helps!
- Dave
Old 05-13-2003, 07:45 PM   #3
Tech Champion

Yes this does help. I'll probably be getting a Reedy Ti too. I liek high reving motors the best though .

-Sushi Boy
Old 05-14-2003, 04:12 PM   #4
Tech Champion

Ok, now I get it. You use the fury because its a little softer at bottom end, so it's easier to control on a slick surces with a 2wd car. And it probably works well in a large outdoor asphalt track in a touring car as well, right?
Old 05-15-2003, 12:05 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame

how about a Trinity D5 8x3 ?
Old 05-15-2003, 08:53 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes Sushi... thats the basics. The motor has excellent power... but nothing like say... the Sonic 2 line of motors that Reedy sells. That line of motors has a large (10mm) commutator... and gobs of torque!

The Game... i havent bought a Trinity mod since 98, i had several D3 and 3.5 motors at the time... bought a few armatures to goto the Trinity Shootout in Dalton GA, and one of them threw a wind after 3 practice heats. I called, and sent the arm back to Trinity... they said they wouldnt replace the arm because it was run more than once! So i sold all of my Trinity mods, and only buy the stock motors that Trinity produces, if i HAVE to run stock that is.
- Dave
Old 05-15-2003, 08:16 PM   #7
Tech Champion

Thanks
Old 05-15-2003, 09:32 PM   #8
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Quote:
Originally posted by THeGame
how about a Trinity D5 8x3 ?
I'm pretty sure trinity doesn't make an 8x3 D5...if they do that's news to me. I know they make 8x1's and 8x2's, but the 8x1's are supposed to have the best overall powerband.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote