Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 04-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Actually isn't it anti-squat since it is on the rear? Though I guess "front rear" has two meanings. Is it the front piece of the rear of the car of the rear piece on the front of the car?
You are correct. Anti-squat refers to the rear suspension. Anti-dive refers to the front suspension. Therefore from his mention of anti-dive, we can deduce that he's refering to the rear block at the front of the car...
Old 04-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TryHard
That adds anti-dive, and also reduces castor. The reduced castor is the bit that helps entering the turns... as the Anti-dive helps to resist weight transfer forward, as the arms take some of the suspension loading as the picture below shows...

HiH
Ed
I've been thinking about this some, and I guess what I'm feeling is the increase mid-corner and exit. Entering the turns seems pretty similar. I need to analyze it again when I'm at the track. It really woke the car up, and allowed it to carve up the corners better.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

I've been running "kick-up" in the rear with some very good handling on some medium grip asphalt. Compress the rear on corner exit on throttle and transfers weight to the front off power corner entry.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The first time I tried anti-dive I didn't like it because it took away on-power steering. I figure this was because it works both ways so as well as being anti dive it is also pro-lift. I tried it again over the weekend but with minimal front droop and that sorted it right out, and it really made the car an weapon under brakes - I always found the 416 a bit floaty in big braking zones with a tendency to back its way into corners but now I can jump on the picks and it's stable as with heaps of turn-in
Old 04-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

After searching thru the for sale forum i can find a 416 for sale. Anyone looking to get rid of one. I looking for a roller with some parts. Thanks for any help you can give.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigkoitat
I've been running "kick-up" in the rear with some very good handling on some medium grip asphalt. Compress the rear on corner exit on throttle and transfers weight to the front off power corner entry.
Anti-Squat
Old 04-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Anti-Squat
That's what I meant, I'm dyslexic
Old 04-10-2009, 11:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Happens all the time to me, lol.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just don't get your Gigididdy mixxed up with your Shishmoigan.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adam?
I've been thinking about this some, and I guess what I'm feeling is the increase mid-corner and exit. Entering the turns seems pretty similar. I need to analyze it again when I'm at the track. It really woke the car up, and allowed it to carve up the corners better.
Umm.. Kick up is anti-squat for the front end.
I do not recomend running the front of the front arm lower than the rear of the front (negative kick-up). For instance most Buggies have between 15 and 30 degrees of kick-up built into the chassis. What the first illustration here shows would be pro-dive if it were in the rear. I don't recomend that either. +$0.02
Old 04-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Happens all the time to me, lol.
it's contagious How you been? I need to get up to Bending Corners one of these days. I've been running the Orion motors in my cars and WOW! What a difference!! The motor's I was running were about a year old, but properly maintained. But the Orion's just friggin rock, I've been running the 10.5 for mod but want to move up to 8.5-5.5.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

I posted this question also elsewhere but might try to find info overhere as well.

During the summer I will go on a holliday to the south of France. There is a track in the neighbourhood (tarmac) and the local drivers run nitro and electro.
They do however, run with foam tires. As I was thinking of training there, should I try to run foamtires on my 416 as well? Were I run, we only use rubber tires. I understood foam-tires have much better grip.

If so, what tires should I look for and are there typical setup changes I should use?
Old 04-10-2009, 03:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Umm.. Kick up is anti-squat for the front end.
I do not recomend running the front of the front arm lower than the rear of the front (negative kick-up). For instance most Buggies have between 15 and 30 degrees of kick-up built into the chassis. What the first illustration here shows would be pro-dive if it were in the rear. I don't recomend that either. +$0.02
Actually I run anti-dive on a lot of my setups, it really helps get the car into the corners harder, but makes the car harder to drive and more twitchy feeling. Once you get it set up right it can cut down the laptimes a little bit on decent grip med to tight asphalt tracks.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by bigkoitat
it's contagious How you been? I need to get up to Bending Corners one of these days. I've been running the Orion motors in my cars and WOW! What a difference!! The motor's I was running were about a year old, but properly maintained. But the Orion's just friggin rock, I've been running the 10.5 for mod but want to move up to 8.5-5.5.
I've run at DHW once, used a 3.5 with 5 cells, and because the track was run clockwise the back straight was slightly down-hill, man my car was fast that day, lol.

I've been doing most of my practice at the Tamiya USA facility, which they are thinking about resurfacing soon, so the track will be like new after that. We also have WCRCR opening up in La Mirada in the next couple months, he's going to lay fresh asphalt inside the huge warehouse, and will have on-road and off-road tracks, both at about 100-110ft x 50-60ft, should be awesome.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Addict

I ran a 3.5 before on my older car at DHW but only had a one-way at the time so it was alot harder without brakes and proper set-up. I'm going to give it a try next race now that I have brakes and proper set-up. That La Mirada track sounds awsome!! Do they still have practice at Tamiya on Saturdays?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.