Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 07:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Can I get a little help from some of you longtime Tamiya guys? Tower hobbies has Tamiya parts but I'm having the hardest time trying to locate a couple of parts. I tried searching using the Tamiya part number but nothing comes up. Lokking through a couple of pages I didn't see them. I'm trying to order the following items.
TAM53572- 2hole piston
TAM51065- 1B pivot block
TAM53932- 0.5 shims
TAM53933- 1mm shims

If tower doesn't carry these is there somewhere stateside that I could order these from? Speedtech is out of stock on some of these items. Thanks for any help you can give me
Tamiyausa.com had everything but the 1mm shims in stock. I've never used them myself, but you could always stack the .5's if you did need 1mm.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Tamiyausa.com had everything but the 1mm shims in stock. I've never used them myself, but you could always stack the .5's if you did need 1mm.

I'll go look there but I was told that they charge full retail to try to get people to support the hobbyshops and other stores.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

That's true, but sometimes you just don't have a choice. Have you tried ampdraw hobbies?
Old 02-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can I get a little help from some of you longtime Tamiya guys? Tower hobbies has Tamiya parts but I'm having the hardest time trying to locate a couple of parts. I tried searching using the Tamiya part number but nothing comes up. Lokking through a couple of pages I didn't see them. I'm trying to order the following items.
TAM53572- 2hole piston
TAM51065- 1B pivot block
TAM53932- 0.5 shims
TAM53933- 1mm shims

If tower doesn't carry these is there somewhere stateside that I could order these from? Speedtech is out of stock on some of these items. Thanks for any help you can give me

Try calling Larry's Performence R/C's . I was there last night and I think he may have most of that . (586) 997-4840 they can ship it 2 you .
Old 02-14-2009, 10:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I'll go look there but I was told that they charge full retail to try to get people to support the hobbyshops and other stores.
Luckily those parts are all pretty cheap so it doesn't hurt quite as much
Old 02-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patrick
That's true, but sometimes you just don't have a choice. Have you tried ampdraw hobbies?
I will try them today. Thanks.
Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Try calling Larry's Performence R/C's . I was there last night and I think he may have most of that . (586) 997-4840 they can ship it 2 you .
Called them and they don't have the main item I'm looking for. They will be stored in my phone though.
Luckily those parts are all pretty cheap so it doesn't hurt quite as much
Man I wish I was sponsored....
Old 02-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default damper oil leak.

hi!!
i am using Competition O-Rings For Oil Dampers(42137, blue color o-ring)
i got damper oil leak problem.
i see this message from o-ring product information
"If oil leaks out, use separately available shims (53586 4mm shims) to adjust clearance"
What is this clearance? between O-ring and TRF Damper Rod Guide?
i wonder what is standard method for adjusting the clearance.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:49 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by gansei
hi!!
i am using Competition O-Rings For Oil Dampers(42137, blue color o-ring)
i got damper oil leak problem.
i see this message from o-ring product information
"If oil leaks out, use separately available shims (53586 4mm shims) to adjust clearance"
What is this clearance? between O-ring and TRF Damper Rod Guide?
i wonder what is standard method for adjusting the clearance.
I've built up a couple sets of shocks with the new TRF o-rings so far and haven't had any problems with leaking as of yet.

If you are having a problem with leaking though, take apart the shock cartridge assembly, and place a 4 x .1mm shim in before the first shock shaft guide shim. This will tighten down the assembly a bit as the TRF o-rings are slightly smaller than the stock o-rings. If the leaking continues add another shim or switch to a 4 x .2mm shim.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

I've built up a couple sets of shocks with the new TRF o-rings so far and haven't had any problems with leaking as of yet.

If you are having a problem with leaking though, take apart the shock cartridge assembly, and place a 4 x .1mm shim in before the first shock shaft guide shim. This will tighten down the assembly a bit as the TRF o-rings are slightly smaller than the stock o-rings. If the leaking continues add another shim or switch to a 4 x .2mm shim.

Thanks a lot!! I will try!!
Old 02-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I will try them today. Thanks.

Called them and they don't have the main item I'm looking for. They will be stored in my phone though.

Man I wish I was sponsored....
call up jeff at speedtech..... he places my orders the same day. only delay i experienced was when tamiya was doing inventory for two weeks.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Just want to share my joy with you guys. I TQed and won the A main driving this car during. It was my first electric TC race in an indoor carpet track with control tyres. The car was spot on from the very first I drove it. I m the only one driving a Tamiya in the A main which surrounded by XRay T2009 and yet I won. I m really loving this car.

* Disregard my red polo shirts, its a Kyosho (my nitro cars), as i still havent got Tamiya shirts yet....
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-image011.jpg  
Old 02-15-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz
Just want to share my joy with you guys. I TQed and won the A main driving this car during. It was my first electric TC race in an indoor carpet track with control tyres. The car was spot on from the very first I drove it. I m the only one driving a Tamiya in the A main which surrounded by XRay T2009 and yet I won. I m really loving this car.

* Disregard my red polo shirts, its a Kyosho (my nitro cars), as i still havent got Tamiya shirts yet....

good !
Old 02-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default motor cooling

hi guys, firstly thankyou to all who posted there opinions on my belt tension question, from the replies i'll be leaving mine loose..

my new question is.. im getting ready for the outdoor season now in the UK and shifting weight around in the car. im running 10.5 brushless and dont know whether to bother with my LRP motor cooling fan/heatsink as this adds even more weight to the motor side of the car making it harder to equally balance. would you guys generally run a fan outdoors regardless or is it really not worth it as brushless isnt quite so effected by heat or is a heatsink/fan a must outdoors with the insane gear ratios required at times, your opinions here will be gratefully received..
Old 02-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I always run it outdoors with my 10.5, but I'd be interested to know how a motor temps with and without it at the same gearing. I was told by a friend that it makes about a 20 degree difference, so that would let you gear up around 2 extra teeth on the pinion compared to running without the fan. I'm getting a new speedo and motor this week so I might do some testing when they arrive
Old 02-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Good, how have you been?
guys, need some urgent help here...

how to balance left n right weight after u change to LIPO?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.