Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 11:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'm stuck at work tomorrow, just waiting on my transponder and wire to arrive and I'll be ready to hit the track.

Barry's running nitro now??
Old 01-24-2009, 11:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I'm stuck at work tomorrow, just waiting on my transponder and wire to arrive and I'll be ready to hit the track.

Barry's running nitro now??
He was building his car at OCRC last night
Old 01-24-2009, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Barry ran what I believe was Mike's car today, Was at least Mikes body....
Old 01-25-2009, 01:58 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm using the kit servo saver with the Tamiya aluminum horn.
Thanks for the response, but if anyone has the opinion that there is a better servo-saver please let me know!
Old 01-25-2009, 03:41 AM
Tech Addict

Do you mean drivers in the 50-65% range, or traveling factory drivers?
I guess I don't know the right terms for it, I'm not really in the know on how sponsorship works. But at the big races, the 17.5 and 13.5 classes are loaded with guys that seem to be sponsored, and it's the same guys at every race. It seems like Tamiya is largely missing from that group, except for Crisp and Corey when they come down from Canada.

We all know the top drivers in the world can get in done with this car in mod, but I think a lot of people, especially in the US, look to slightly more mortal drivers getting it done in the same classes we all race in our clubs. Tamiya appears to be missing out on that group almost entirely.

At the club level, and I've raced in the midwest and now in Colorado, basically nobody runs Tamiya. There's a ton of sponsored guys around, but they're with teams like XRay, Schumacher, Corally and Hot Bodies.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

I know everyone is showing off their WEs, but I'm still sporting the OG 416...trimmed out with most WE upgrades.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sohlman
I know everyone is showing off their WEs, but I'm still sporting the OG 416...trimmed out with most WE upgrades.

Looking good man ! Where did you get the aluminum servo saver thing. I got one but it was only the top piece. yours has a matching botom .... Never seen one of those before. If you dont like the sway bar links for instance I use shock ends and a 12mm grub screw . Tighten them up together and not only are they uniform but they look nicer too.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

How do you fix a twisted sway bar? I ve got it from my newly built kit, even the bend angle is not the same...
Old 01-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Looking good man ! Where did you get the aluminum servo saver thing. I got one but it was only the top piece. yours has a matching botom .... Never seen one of those before. If you dont like the sway bar links for instance I use shock ends and a 12mm grub screw . Tighten them up together and not only are they uniform but they look nicer too.
Thanks. It's a Square aluminum servo saver I bought about a year ago...not sure of the part number. Thanks for the grub screw idea.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mine is a square D as well but ,,, only one piece. Hmmm I think I got short changed. That friggin piece cost my $23.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Koen
Thanks for the response, but if anyone has the opinion that there is a better servo-saver please let me know!
I don't really think there can be too much of a better servo saver. This one stays centered and with the aluminum horn is going to be as strong as anything out there.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Adam?
I guess I don't know the right terms for it, I'm not really in the know on how sponsorship works. But at the big races, the 17.5 and 13.5 classes are loaded with guys that seem to be sponsored, and it's the same guys at every race. It seems like Tamiya is largely missing from that group, except for Crisp and Corey when they come down from Canada.

We all know the top drivers in the world can get in done with this car in mod, but I think a lot of people, especially in the US, look to slightly more mortal drivers getting it done in the same classes we all race in our clubs. Tamiya appears to be missing out on that group almost entirely.

At the club level, and I've raced in the midwest and now in Colorado, basically nobody runs Tamiya. There's a ton of sponsored guys around, but they're with teams like XRay, Schumacher, Corally and Hot Bodies.
I do agree with you that there should be some kind of presence shown in the stock classes at the large races. I brought it up about a week or so ago that Tamiya might want to look into bringing on some partially sponsored drivers, and it is something that they were looking into. However with the dead economy, steps are going to be taken a bit slower to make sure that the right move is made.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by dameetz
How do you fix a twisted sway bar? I ve got it from my newly built kit, even the bend angle is not the same...
Once you set your droop perfectly, without shocks on the car lift up one axle at a time from right to left. Then adjust the turnbuckle on the swaybar links until you can get the arms to lift the same from left to right. Very seldom will you find a "perfect" swaybar, even if it's 100% flat, this is why those turnbuckles are there.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Initiate

I don't really think there can be too much of a better servo saver. This one stays centered and with the aluminum horn is going to be as strong as anything out there.
Hmm in that case I should just buy the tamiya aluminium horn, not that expensive. Reason for the question is that I've heard that the kit servo saver is rubish, but from local drivers. If you guys are driving with it it shouldn't be so bad. Myself I haven't driven my 416WE yet and still preparing for the next outdoor season, and I just want the best of the car I can get
Old 01-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Mine is a square D as well but ,,, only one piece. Hmmm I think I got short changed. That friggin piece cost my $23.
you didn't get short changed, they sell the back piece separately for about the same as the front piece. $50 servo saver anyone? Personally I bought the front bit because I see the pros using it, but didn't notice any difference

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.