Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Low_E
About Ackermann, what are the advantages of putting more ackermann (like 5mm shims in stead of the manual-3mm)

I've heard people tell me you needed little ackermann, others tell me 5mm is the way to go on the 416. Confusing.

[edit]

Did some research on the net.
found some articles ...
amongst those:

source: http://www.smithees-racetech.com.au/ackerman.html

now reading these and trying to understand them
On the 416, more ackerman spacers tend to make the car steer more aggressively.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

do you have more details about these teflon coated balls? I have never seen such ball ends.

ABout added steering on mid and exit coners ... well it is at the exit of the corners that i wanted to loose some steering, and yet I was driving with only 3mm ackermann-shims.
Might try different setup all together.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Low_E
do you have more details about these teflon coated balls? I have never seen such ball ends.
I think he may be talking about the Tamiya 5mm Flourine coated aluminum ball nuts. It's just your typical blue ball nut except they are grey and advertised as being fluorine coated. Same color as the fluorine coated damper cylinders in the older TRF shocks...
Old 10-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

53598 Fluorine Coated 5mm Aluminum Ball Connector (10PCS.)
53599 Fluorine Coated 5mm Aluminum Ball Nut (10PCS.)
53600 Fluorine Coated 5mm Stabilizer End (4PCS.)
53601 Low Friction 5mm Adjuster (8 PCS.) - make sure to get the ones with 03-2008 production date or later, they nearly haven't loose

Anything else?
Old 10-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sakaguchinet
53598 Fluorine Coated 5mm Aluminum Ball Connector (10PCS.)
53599 Fluorine Coated 5mm Aluminum Ball Nut (10PCS.)
53600 Fluorine Coated 5mm Stabilizer End (4PCS.)
53601 Low Friction 5mm Adjuster (8 PCS.) - make sure to get the ones with 03-2008 production date or later, they nearly haven't loose

Anything else?
53599 is the one. Like others said, it is the same as the blue ones. I just had extras of these lying around.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i use all of the above give a much smoother ride. i reccomend it.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

So what's the final word on replacement outdrives for the spool? Do I have to buy a whole new spool, or is that part available somewhere?
Old 10-31-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adam?
So what's the final word on replacement outdrives for the spool? Do I have to buy a whole new spool, or is that part available somewhere?
Jeff from SpeedtechRC.com should be able to help you out. hit him up.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Adam?
They've been out for a while... http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...ducts_id=13177
Old 10-31-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default car shut down

Hi guys, im hoping someone can shed some light on a problem im having recently with my car..i have a 416 but that aint the prob, the car is great it;s something wrong elsewhere..the car keeps shutting down only for about 2-3 secs then go again, maybe do a lap and shut down again, when i say shutdown this is no power ie no steering or thottle. im using a LRP sphere TC and also spektrum pro..before someone says thermel shut down on lrp it did it after one practice lap for a final, i drove the lap went to the grid, the buzzer went but the car didnt, few secs later it went, but few laps later died again..ive changed spektrum receiver to my spare 2.4 receiver and it still died.. my LRP for some reason flashes the blue mode light sometimes intermitantly could this be something to do with it...i cant make the car shut down off the track in my hands!! its really doing my head in now, all im left with is to try 40mgz again unless someone has experienced the same problem and can shed some light on the issue....please help
Old 10-31-2008, 09:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mark williams
Hi guys,ss someone has experienced the same problem and can shed some light on the issue....please help
I had this issue with an older car of mine. I was running a Futaba ESC and with a peaked battery we thought the overcurrent protection was engaging when full throttle was applied very quickly.

Does it happen when you slowly bring up the speed, or when you dump the throttle?

If it does not happen when applying slowly then it could be the overcurrent.

Ben
Old 10-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hi guys, im hoping someone can shed some light on a problem im having recently with my car..i have a 416 but that aint the prob, the car is great it;s something wrong elsewhere..the car keeps shutting down only for about 2-3 secs then go again, maybe do a lap and shut down again, when i say shutdown this is no power ie no steering or thottle. im using a LRP sphere TC and also spektrum pro..before someone says thermel shut down on lrp it did it after one practice lap for a final, i drove the lap went to the grid, the buzzer went but the car didnt, few secs later it went, but few laps later died again..ive changed spektrum receiver to my spare 2.4 receiver and it still died.. my LRP for some reason flashes the blue mode light sometimes intermitantly could this be something to do with it...i cant make the car shut down off the track in my hands!! its really doing my head in now, all im left with is to try 40mgz again unless someone has experienced the same problem and can shed some light on the issue....please help

Try a capacitor on the reciever.
I have about 6 spektrum recievers and several did the same thing, as soon as I put a cap on them no problem.
Most are ok some for whatever reason do this, can't explain why.

The spektrum is re finding itself it may be more apparent under load taking voltage from the reciever try a capacitor first.

What lipo trays are being used in the 416 does anyone have a link to buy one.

Last edited by bjspinner; 10-31-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

ok the spektrum cap is an easy try i will give it a go..thankyou

however the over current reply, i wouldnt always say it is under load when it happens, yes off the line it would have been but it didnt even try and move, it was as if the battery had been unplugged.......however if it is the over current sitiuation can this be resolved or is it that the speedo is up the swanny!!!!

i have discovered from a post elsewhere in the rctech forums the blue led flashing was due to me being too close to the car with the tranny, so the blue led doesnt seem to be any part of the problem... im really hoping its not my speedo, when ive used all my spektrum gear in my tamiya mini there seems to be no fault...so it has to be speedo or spektrum shutting down with the brushless system on board..anymore replies and help gratefully received as it destroying my racing at the moment when the car is working well...

many thanks in advance
Old 11-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ok the spektrum cap is an easy try i will give it a go..thankyou

however the over current reply, i wouldnt always say it is under load when it happens, yes off the line it would have been but it didnt even try and move, it was as if the battery had been unplugged.......however if it is the over current sitiuation can this be resolved or is it that the speedo is up the swanny!!!!

i have discovered from a post elsewhere in the rctech forums the blue led flashing was due to me being too close to the car with the tranny, so the blue led doesnt seem to be any part of the problem... im really hoping its not my speedo, when ive used all my spektrum gear in my tamiya mini there seems to be no fault...so it has to be speedo or spektrum shutting down with the brushless system on board..anymore replies and help gratefully received as it destroying my racing at the moment when the car is working well...

many thanks in advance
It also sounds to me like the system is trying to draw more current than your battery can supply, so the BEC may not be able to keep the electronics running under the heaviest loads. A "Stutter Stopper" capacitor should help if this is the case, but that also depends on how much current draw you have....What motor & battery are you running? And with all that, you still can't rule out the ESC, maybe its BEC just isn't strong enough to keep up with the demand, or maybe it's developed a fault of some kind....
Old 11-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

hi mate, im using my lrp sphere tc spec with the lrp vector x11 10.5 motor so i would hope its not drawing too much current...orion 3800 lipo in use also..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.