Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 11-11-2010, 04:00 PM
  #10021  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Northern Va
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have a good asphalt set up for the x with exotek lipo chassis? It actually feels good but there is still quite a bit push. I've run Jille's basic out door set up with losi oil 40f/35r otherwise it's the same.
M3dreamin2008 is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 04:20 PM
  #10022  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by M3dreamin2008 View Post
Anyone have a good asphalt set up for the x with exotek lipo chassis? It actually feels good but there is still quite a bit push. I've run Jille's basic out door set up with losi oil 40f/35r otherwise it's the same.
I haven't run the exotek but I found the germany worlds setup better than the base asphalt setup with the X. The only thing I changed was the height of the camber links which I used 5mm/4mm same as the base setup because lower was a bit hard to drive.
CraigM is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 04:27 PM
  #10023  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Northern Va
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
I haven't run the exotek but I found the germany worlds setup better than the base asphalt setup with the X. The only thing I changed was the height of the camber links which I used 5mm/4mm same as the base setup because lower was a bit hard to drive.
Is that set up posted? I'm sure it was but I can't find it
M3dreamin2008 is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 08:38 PM
  #10024  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by M3dreamin2008 View Post
Is that set up posted? I'm sure it was but I can't find it
Jilles posted it in his thread, it's also on my site
www.tchub.info
CraigM is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 09:53 PM
  #10025  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,743
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by M3dreamin2008 View Post
Anyone have a good asphalt set up for the x with exotek lipo chassis? It actually feels good but there is still quite a bit push. I've run Jille's basic out door set up with losi oil 40f/35r otherwise it's the same.
Here is what I ran on the GB parking lot, I thought it was very good. Only things to note, you can go up on camber if you want to, I was running less to try to avoid the "ring of death", I have the 0.5mm hex spacer all around. And finally, go up on oil a little (500-600) if its hotter, helps with consistency. Otherwise this is a good balance, can over or understeer if you drive to aggressively, you have to be smooth
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
GB_4_24.pdf (116.1 KB, 131 views)
geeunit1014 is offline  
Old 11-12-2010, 08:08 AM
  #10026  
Tech Regular
 
guinnes.s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 341
Default

im just about to convert my 416 to the short reversible suspensions arms and wondering on witch way i should fit them,many setups sheet dont shows that. thanx
guinnes.s is offline  
Old 11-12-2010, 09:42 AM
  #10027  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,682
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by guinnes.s View Post
im just about to convert my 416 to the short reversible suspensions arms and wondering on witch way i should fit them,many setups sheet dont shows that. thanx
You can usually tell on the setup sheet by the location of the bottom shock holes. You have to flip them to get the either/or location.
Johnny Wishbone is offline  
Old 11-12-2010, 10:15 AM
  #10028  
Tech Regular
 
guinnes.s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 341
Default

so in this case http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/tami...buryNOWRd3.pdf
the front arms are the side were the holes are nearest to chassis ,and the rear on the holes farthest from chassis. mi right?
guinnes.s is offline  
Old 11-12-2010, 10:56 AM
  #10029  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,682
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by guinnes.s View Post
so in this case http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/tami...buryNOWRd3.pdf
the front arms are the side were the holes are nearest to chassis ,and the rear on the holes farthest from chassis. mi right?
Looking at the front of the car head on, the front arms are positioned so that you have the three holes facing out and he is located on the outer hole. Looking at the back of the car as it faces you, the arms are positioned so that there are only 2 lower shock locater holes facing out and he is using the outer hole. Hope that helps.
Johnny Wishbone is offline  
Old 11-12-2010, 04:20 PM
  #10030  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Northern Va
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
Here is what I ran on the GB parking lot, I thought it was very good. Only things to note, you can go up on camber if you want to, I was running less to try to avoid the "ring of death", I have the 0.5mm hex spacer all around. And finally, go up on oil a little (500-600) if its hotter, helps with consistency. Otherwise this is a good balance, can over or understeer if you drive to aggressively, you have to be smooth
Thanks Gee. I will be running at the C next weekend. Maybe i could use this but slightly stiffer?
M3dreamin2008 is offline  
Old 11-12-2010, 04:24 PM
  #10031  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Northern Va
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Jilles posted it in his thread, it's also on my site
www.tchub.info
Thanks for the link.
M3dreamin2008 is offline  
Old 11-13-2010, 04:40 AM
  #10032  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 31
Default

please someone can tell me if you not mind that springs work best in 416x.

HPI Springs
Tamiya 53440

Thank you very much
best regards, ciro
Ciro is offline  
Old 11-13-2010, 01:20 PM
  #10033  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (9)
 
Mugen10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 551
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know the size of the diff. bearings for the outdrives? I want to order aftermarket.
Mugen10 is offline  
Old 11-13-2010, 10:05 PM
  #10034  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
Ultraspeed84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,072
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

CAn someone post me up a good setup for the 416x on carpet? or email me to [email protected] Im going to the cleveland nats thanks
Ultraspeed84 is offline  
Old 11-13-2010, 10:40 PM
  #10035  
Tech Regular
 
RL.2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 418
Default

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84 View Post
CAn someone post me up a good setup for the 416x on carpet? or email me to [email protected] Im going to the cleveland nats thanks
you can use the jilles snowbird 2010 setup.
RL.2002 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.