Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 10-11-2010, 06:16 AM
  #9886  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
Xchange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Around the world
Posts: 854
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

basically, i ran geared diff with 1000cst for 1 run
and come back to the ball diff because with my lack of traction, gear diff send too much power to rear wheel and my car made a 360deg on place

about the steering brace, i removed the upper screew, they changed nothing, i rescrewed and no better result... the car globaly did'nt responding from the very first run.

I tried the with springs on front, yellow on back and no change...
Xchange is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 08:59 AM
  #9887  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,682
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Xchange View Post

My springs are dark blue on front and yellow on rear. Oil i started with 45wt to all and put 55wt on rear to give a bit more rear traction on high speed turn.
You have your oil split wrong most run thicker in the front and lighter in the back, right numbers just wrong ends of the car.
Johnny Wishbone is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 09:26 AM
  #9888  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
Xchange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Around the world
Posts: 854
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

Yep i know, the fact is if i put 55 in front, i lose the end on low speed corners...

I will try to put back the original chassis to see what happens... This afternoon i was at 2clicks to buy a TCX lool
Xchange is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 09:32 AM
  #9889  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,682
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Xchange View Post
Yep i know, the fact is if i put 55 in front, i lose the end on low speed corners...

I will try to put back the original chassis to see what happens... This afternoon i was at 2clicks to buy a TCX lool
You should try and post a setup sheet of what your running the guys like Art and Syndrome can get a better look of what your doing.

If the oil split is that touchy I'd run the same front and back and adjust spring rate and shock angle, might look at the bars in the car as well. Have you tried any anti-dive. Really need the setup sheet for a starter.
Johnny Wishbone is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 01:19 PM
  #9890  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,370
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
You should try and post a setup sheet of what your running the guys like Art and Syndrome can get a better look of what your doing.

If the oil split is that touchy I'd run the same front and back and adjust spring rate and shock angle, might look at the bars in the car as well. Have you tried any anti-dive. Really need the setup sheet for a starter.
I agree with Johnny here, that oil split sounds all wrong... I have run 5wt heavier in the rear before, but in all honesty never liked it!

If you say it washes too much with 55 in the front, try 50 all round!

And if you want to get the high speed steering back, try leaning rear shock in, or even medium rear bar.

HiH
Ed
TryHard is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 01:57 PM
  #9891  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (77)
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,298
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Xchange View Post
Yep i know, the fact is if i put 55 in front, i lose the end on low speed corners...

I will try to put back the original chassis to see what happens... This afternoon i was at 2clicks to buy a TCX lool
That is because the balance of the car is all off...Please post your setup or just try one of the team drivers setups...

TCX is not the answer...you own the best car ever made...why step down?

These should get you close...

Pavement setup: http://projectgreenracing.com/PGR/Re...X%20Norcal.pdf

Carpet Setup: http://projectgreenracing.com/PGR/Re...%202010%20.pdf
artwork is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 02:23 PM
  #9892  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
M-Technic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Xchange View Post
Hello,

This week, i ran my new freshly builted 416X with a Smokem 416FX chassis.
The car is perfectly balanced and weigth is equal left/right forward and backward.

All the stuff is new, tire glued and EPA is correctly setted.

And from the first time i put the car on the track, the 416 lose the rear left and right but left is much violent than the right but basicaly, no traction on the rear.

No tweak on the chassis and no pin bented.

The main problem is, the car dosent react to my setup change.

What i think is the smokem chassis is have too much flex.

Anybody have a similar issue ?

thanks
What is your track's traction like? You might want to go with lighter oil all the way around, especially in the rear. Like 35wt all the way around. 3 hole pistons.
M-Technic is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 03:17 PM
  #9893  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Xchange View Post
basically, i ran geared diff with 1000cst for 1 run
and come back to the ball diff because with my lack of traction, gear diff send too much power to rear wheel and my car made a 360deg on place

about the steering brace, i removed the upper screew, they changed nothing, i rescrewed and no better result... the car globaly did'nt responding from the very first run.

I tried the with springs on front, yellow on back and no change...
Here is Jilles Groskamp's base asphalt setup
http://www.rctech.net/forum/5628027-post43.html

Here is what Jilles recommends for running in low grip

Originally Posted by JGH View Post
I recommend the following changes to change while running on low grip surface.
- Camber, little less, 1 degree
- Kick up rear, this helps on power traction, 1mm/0mm
- less droop, more uptravel, try 5mm/4mm
- more toe-in
- 30W shock oil, with soft springs
If your car does not work with the base setup and the low grip changes then you are doing something wrong
CraigM is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 03:41 PM
  #9894  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
Xchange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Around the world
Posts: 854
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

Thanks everybody for your help,

So, about my setup, is the base setup with 45wt oil and 2hole from external in front and 1hole before the last in the rear.

All the rest is out of the box

Tonite, i tried to put the stock chassis and the car come very comfortable to drive!!!! Fast and easy to drive!!!!

So i think my problem come from the transport from australia to switzerland with my smokem lower deck.

The test are done on the same track tonite with the same low to medium grip.

I put back on the smokem chassis after the test with the original chassis and the problem started again and the car turn a lot more in one side and generaly the end tend to came off, on high speed off power corner.

Any one had same issue with his smokem chassis(or after market chassis?) i precise, i m do not telling smokem product are ditch, just seems to have my chassis squeezed during the transport)
Xchange is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 04:55 PM
  #9895  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 273
Default

I just pre-ordered the TA05V2-R, and got the pdf manual via TamiyaUSA.

I am shocked. What other TRF416 parts can I use on this car? It's coming out of the box w/ TRF416 front hubs, hub carriers, and rear hubs - what else can I use? A TRF center pulley/diff please - LOL!!!!

No. Seriously. The TRF415 and 416 susp parts are suddenly melding together in my kit-to-be
dragnse7en is offline  
Old 10-12-2010, 12:22 AM
  #9896  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,447
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Hopefully i dun offend any body here..

Do you guys know if an xray gear diff fits the 416x? and that it has the same teeth?
Arahawak is offline  
Old 10-12-2010, 04:44 AM
  #9897  
ark
Tech Addict
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 703
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Xchange View Post
Thanks everybody for your help,

So, about my setup, is the base setup with 45wt oil and 2hole from external in front and 1hole before the last in the rear.

All the rest is out of the box

Tonite, i tried to put the stock chassis and the car come very comfortable to drive!!!! Fast and easy to drive!!!!

So i think my problem come from the transport from australia to switzerland with my smokem lower deck.

The test are done on the same track tonite with the same low to medium grip.

I put back on the smokem chassis after the test with the original chassis and the problem started again and the car turn a lot more in one side and generaly the end tend to came off, on high speed off power corner.

Any one had same issue with his smokem chassis(or after market chassis?) i precise, i m do not telling smokem product are ditch, just seems to have my chassis squeezed during the transport)
Have you put the chassis on a flat piece of glass or board and checked for rock? Maybe it is tweeked.
ark is offline  
Old 10-12-2010, 05:26 AM
  #9898  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

anyone tried the marc additive??

Last edited by kschu; 10-12-2010 at 06:30 AM.
kschu is offline  
Old 10-12-2010, 06:37 AM
  #9899  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Northern Va
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone tried anti-dive up front and rear kick up? I know it might be silly, but i was just curious.
M3dreamin2008 is offline  
Old 10-12-2010, 10:48 AM
  #9900  
Tech Addict
 
Eirik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 627
Default

Originally Posted by kschu View Post
anyone tried the marc additive??
I really like it, I set my fastest laps with this additive on my home track.
Eirik is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.