Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 01-09-2008, 12:21 AM
  #961  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lund, Sweden
Posts: 159
Default

Originally Posted by Markiempje View Post
i dont think this is a good way to setup the rebound.
you can only set the rebound with the bleeding process.
look at xray's T2008 manual, here its described very good.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=4188
page 24

havent tried this method yet. i'd always loosen the lower cap and let 'm sit for a while. but when i get my 416 i'll do it this way.

Mark
Well I have looked in the xray manual before and this is something new that they have come with for the T008 to get consistent shock rebound out of their shocks. Everyone else that I know of uses the topcap method.
Mr_Orange is offline  
Old 01-09-2008, 01:40 AM
  #962  
Tech Regular
 
bigbutstupid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Asia
Posts: 454
Default

can someone enlighten me, what changes will it do to the car's handling if i change front/rear upper arm position?
and also the steering spacer and suspention mount spacer, what happens if i increase or decrease it?
i dont really have the time at the moment to play around with these settings yet as im just horning my driving skills... but it will be good to know so i can make changes if i know what the changes do to the car's handling rather than guess and assume.
bigbutstupid is offline  
Old 01-09-2008, 01:47 AM
  #963  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,447
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Look at post 953 on the previous page. It links to the XRay setup book. It's an excellent guide to setting up a touring car that will give you a general idea of what changes do what. Just download it and you'll be all set.
JimmyMac is offline  
Old 01-09-2008, 02:12 AM
  #964  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 109
Default

Originally Posted by Mr_Orange View Post
Well I have looked in the xray manual before and this is something new that they have come with for the T008 to get consistent shock rebound out of their shocks. Everyone else that I know of uses the topcap method.
yeah but with this method, wouldn't the shaft pull itself back in the shock body when you pull it out? cause thats negative rebound and its more painful to drive than too much positive rebound. do you have in this case 75% of hydraulic action and the last 25% also the rebound action?


Mark
Markiempje is offline  
Old 01-09-2008, 04:37 AM
  #965  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,370
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Markiempje View Post
yeah but with this method, wouldn't the shaft pull itself back in the shock body when you pull it out? cause thats negative rebound and its more painful to drive than too much positive rebound. do you have in this case 75% of hydraulic action and the last 25% also the rebound action?


Mark
I agree, I;m not sure on pumping oil out of the shock... it has to be replaced by something. I'm pretty sure you'd get a better setting by setting the shaft in the correct position in the body first.
Have to admit, rebound is something I have very rarely played around with. I just build the shocks up with the piston at the bottom usually... maybe something to try in future...

Ed
TryHard is offline  
Old 01-09-2008, 05:31 AM
  #966  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Stogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Biggie Shorty style
Posts: 716
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 414X

Greetings,

I know this is the TRF416 page, but I need some opinions about what to do with my 414X. I have chassis # 081/150, and it is in excellent condition. I've had it (in pieces) in a box in the basement for years now, but recently cleaned it up and put it back together. I noticed a guy in Europe scored 325 Euro on Ebay for his... I have a satchel of spare parts for mine and am thinking about trying to Ebay mine, too. It's truly a piece of history... so I'm hesitant to part with it. Does anyone think the value will continue to increase, or should I try to sell it now? I know there are some serious Tamiya collectors out there that would love to have this car, but I'd like to find them and get top dollar if I do sell it.

Thanks.
Stogie is offline  
Old 01-09-2008, 05:38 AM
  #967  
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 4,038
Default

Originally Posted by Stogie View Post
Greetings,

I know this is the TRF416 page, but I need some opinions about what to do with my 414X. I have chassis # 081/150, and it is in excellent condition. I've had it (in pieces) in a box in the basement for years now, but recently cleaned it up and put it back together. I noticed a guy in Europe scored 325 Euro on Ebay for his... I have a satchel of spare parts for mine and am thinking about trying to Ebay mine, too. It's truly a piece of history... so I'm hesitant to part with it. Does anyone think the value will continue to increase, or should I try to sell it now? I know there are some serious Tamiya collectors out there that would love to have this car, but I'd like to find them and get top dollar if I do sell it.

Thanks.
I think your car is sufficiently rare and interesting that it will always have a good value among Tamiya cars.

Whether the Tamiya market is going to go up or down in the future is impossible to say though. To my eyes it has generally gone down a little bit recently. And since the western world's economy is about to collapse (USA and UK anyway) values may not be strong for a little while.

Unfortunately your car is not new-in-box, if it was I'm sure it would be a lot more valuable.

Anyway, best resource for Tamiya collectors (and pretty much all vintage RC collectors) is www.tamiyaclub.com
sosidge is offline  
Old 01-10-2008, 02:22 AM
  #968  
Tech Regular
 
steveonamission's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 349
Default

Anyone know when the spool is going to released?

Can't be driving a car without no brakes with a one-way
steveonamission is offline  
Old 01-10-2008, 02:51 AM
  #969  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 243
Default

Originally Posted by steveonamission View Post
Anyone know when the spool is going to released?

Can't be driving a car without no brakes with a one-way
Hey

You may try this http://www.racingfactory.fi/Spool416s.jpg

Ask more info from kentech
Cruisaaja is offline  
Old 01-10-2008, 06:03 AM
  #970  
Tech Regular
 
pug 205 gti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: england uk
Posts: 362
Default

just a quick question on your drive train.If you remove the motor and spin the wheels how long should the wheels rotate freely???
are their any secrets in getting the best out of the drive train?
looking forward to replies. cheers
pug 205 gti is offline  
Old 01-10-2008, 06:03 AM
  #971  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Somewhere on earth
Posts: 927
Default

I am really really annoyed with parcelforce . They assured me that my 416 kit had been reliesed for delivery and would be with me today. Its now 1400 and i think the chance of it arriving today is slim to none.
Rick Draper is offline  
Old 01-10-2008, 06:09 AM
  #972  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Holland
Posts: 123
Default

Originally Posted by pug 205 gti View Post
just a quick question on your drive train.If you remove the motor and spin the wheels how long should the wheels rotate freely???
are their any secrets in getting the best out of the drive train?
looking forward to replies. cheers
It's all about bearings, I've learned my lesson from Gizmo. His car is smoooooth. Take care of them and you'll have anough roll.
Z
rcpoint is offline  
Old 01-10-2008, 10:28 AM
  #973  
Tech Regular
 
bigbutstupid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Asia
Posts: 454
Default

my front wheels spins way longer than my rear wheels after i throtter it off ground. it spins for around one and a half seconds to 3 seconds max. i cant figure out why my front is way smothers, maybe its just the front one way, and the rear is diff.. and the front is heavier, therefore more innertia force? lol m y physics sucks.
bigbutstupid is offline  
Old 01-10-2008, 02:42 PM
  #974  
Tech Regular
 
HI_808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 359
Default

Originally Posted by bigbutstupid View Post
my front wheels spins way longer than my rear wheels after i throtter it off ground. it spins for around one and a half seconds to 3 seconds max. i cant figure out why my front is way smothers, maybe its just the front one way, and the rear is diff.. and the front is heavier, therefore more innertia force? lol m y physics sucks.
Yes, that is because the one way lacks resistance off throttle.
HI_808 is offline  
Old 01-10-2008, 03:41 PM
  #975  
Tech Regular
 
steveonamission's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 349
Default

Any news on the "official" 416 spool.
steveonamission is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.