Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 01-11-2010, 04:02 PM
  #7786  
Tech Regular
 
Joey4875's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chesapeake Beach
Posts: 354
Default

Does anyone know where I can find a chart that tells me what the degree of toe each suspension block has? New to Tamiya and don't know what the difference is between 1c 1d xa
Joey4875 is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 04:22 PM
  #7787  
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Germany (Hamburg)
Posts: 560
Default

Originally Posted by Joey4875 View Post
Does anyone know where I can find a chart that tells me what the degree of toe each suspension block has? New to Tamiya and don't know what the difference is between 1c 1d xa
http://www.thard.co.uk/
Stein Tumert is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 05:12 PM
  #7788  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
tandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: airdrie
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Can someone who was at the DHI Cup race this past weekend post their setup for the 416X? I am curious to see what the superstock guys were running. Marc and Viktors info would be good aswell but I do not run mod, only 17.5 and 13.5.
Thanks......Dwayne Flodell
tandman is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 06:03 PM
  #7789  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Joey4875 View Post
Does anyone know where I can find a chart that tells me what the degree of toe each suspension block has? New to Tamiya and don't know what the difference is between 1c 1d xa
http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=412
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 06:27 PM
  #7790  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (42)
 
subaru73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Auburn
Posts: 907
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default 416we

just picked a used 416we and was looking at the left rear bulkhead and it has a white stamp of 055 in the part.were the we ktis numbered?
subaru73 is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 07:17 PM
  #7791  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
dsrbltoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Renton, WA
Posts: 890
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by subaru73 View Post
just picked a used 416we and was looking at the left rear bulkhead and it has a white stamp of 055 in the part.were the we ktis numbered?
What the hell dude? Now I suppose you need your speeder back. Damn
dsrbltoys is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 08:21 PM
  #7792  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (42)
 
subaru73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Auburn
Posts: 907
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default none

Originally Posted by dsrbltoys View Post
What the hell dude? Now I suppose you need your speeder back. Damn
no not yetflame on
subaru73 is offline  
Old 01-12-2010, 05:23 AM
  #7793  
Tech Apprentice
 
Stilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 64
Default

Originally Posted by tandman View Post
Can someone who was at the DHI Cup race this past weekend post their setup for the 416X? I am curious to see what the superstock guys were running.
All Tamiya cars on superstock a-final were older worlds editions.

I was trying to get the car working the whole event, it just was really hard to drive and didnīt have enough rear grip. When I was testing the tires before the event it was on a track that everybody runs with xenon tires and the conditions were totally differend at DHI so the setup i started with was just completely off. Luckily I could get the car working ok (far from perfect) for the last 3 qualifiers to get the 3rd spot on the grid. For the last final i got the car almost perfect and in that final i got the fastest laptime.(well stocker drove a broken car) Too bad it was "a bit" too late. If someone wants a WE version setup then i can post it up.
Stilo is offline  
Old 01-12-2010, 05:58 AM
  #7794  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Senna Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,035
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CraigM;
Yep, it was time for a new kit so I decided to come back to the blue team. The Photon's a nice car but I could never get it as dialled as my 416 was.

Hummmmmm

time to change that dirty signature then

I'm for one that your back in a blue fast
car

Other wise I'd still be pulling + 20 laps

thanks for all your help and setups.
Senna Racing is offline  
Old 01-12-2010, 06:01 AM
  #7795  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Senna Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,035
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Stilo;
All Tamiya cars on superstock a-final were older worlds editions.

I was trying to get the car working the whole event, it just was really hard to drive and didnīt have enough rear grip. When I was testing the tires before the event it was on a track that everybody runs with xenon tires and the conditions were totally differend at DHI so the setup i started with was just completely off. Luckily I could get the car working ok (far from perfect) for the last 3 qualifiers to get the 3rd spot on the grid. For the last final i got the car almost perfect and in that final i got the fastest laptime.(well stocker drove a broken car) Too bad it was "a bit" too late. If someone wants a WE version setup then i can post it up.


Post it or just pm it to me thanks

Which ever suits best
Senna Racing is offline  
Old 01-12-2010, 06:04 AM
  #7796  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: essex, england
Posts: 129
Default

Originally Posted by Stilo View Post
All Tamiya cars on superstock a-final were older worlds editions.

I was trying to get the car working the whole event, it just was really hard to drive and didnīt have enough rear grip. When I was testing the tires before the event it was on a track that everybody runs with xenon tires and the conditions were totally differend at DHI so the setup i started with was just completely off. Luckily I could get the car working ok (far from perfect) for the last 3 qualifiers to get the 3rd spot on the grid. For the last final i got the car almost perfect and in that final i got the fastest laptime.(well stocker drove a broken car) Too bad it was "a bit" too late. If someone wants a WE version setup then i can post it up.
if sending by pm can you send a copy over to me, if not i look forward to seeing it on here.

thanks in advance

mark
Bony85 is offline  
Old 01-12-2010, 06:40 AM
  #7797  
Tech Elite
 
dodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: the archipelago
Posts: 3,095
Default

Originally Posted by Stilo View Post
All Tamiya cars on superstock a-final were older worlds editions.

I was trying to get the car working the whole event, it just was really hard to drive and didnīt have enough rear grip. When I was testing the tires before the event it was on a track that everybody runs with xenon tires and the conditions were totally differend at DHI so the setup i started with was just completely off. Luckily I could get the car working ok (far from perfect) for the last 3 qualifiers to get the 3rd spot on the grid. For the last final i got the car almost perfect and in that final i got the fastest laptime.(well stocker drove a broken car) Too bad it was "a bit" too late. If someone wants a WE version setup then i can post it up.
can you share the setup with us or PM me? thanks
dodo is offline  
Old 01-12-2010, 06:56 AM
  #7798  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Toh WL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Setapak
Posts: 3,567
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Just check with you all on the arms. Do Tamiya produces aluminium short reversible arm for 416WE/X? If not what about 3rd party manufacturer.

Does aluminium arms good enough to bullletproof my car. What in case of major crash. I do believe the suspension mount will bend rite?
Toh WL is offline  
Old 01-12-2010, 07:05 AM
  #7799  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AUSTRIA
Posts: 233
Default

stilo pls send me the setup pm THX!!!

did you guys at the DHI cup this year have traction roll troubles?
vitomon is offline  
Old 01-12-2010, 07:11 AM
  #7800  
Tech Elite
 
dodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: the archipelago
Posts: 3,095
Default

Originally Posted by Toh WL View Post
Just check with you all on the arms. Do Tamiya produces aluminium short reversible arm for 416WE/X? If not what about 3rd party manufacturer.

Does aluminium arms good enough to bullletproof my car. What in case of major crash. I do believe the suspension mount will bend rite?
i don't think tamiya ever produced alum susp. arms for 416 series. and from my experience, tamiya arms are very strong! even with the normal ones you'll bend the suspension mount in a crash.

secondly, by bulletproofing your suspension (alum arms, c-hubs, knuckle, etc) it will direct the impact to another parts. if i were you i'll stick to original parts.

CMIIW
dodo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright Đ 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.