Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 11-26-2009, 06:44 AM
  #7231  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Yeah and were not guaranteed we will get all the order that we PAID for isnt that right MR MARKET (told you i wouldnt let it go !!!!!!!!)

See you on your next Thread MR MARKET !!!!!!!!!!

some one rattled your cage Mark LOL
sidecarphil1 is offline  
Old 11-26-2009, 07:26 AM
  #7232  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 932
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by veecee View Post
Thanks for the pics kentech - very jealous... Your diffs are mounted high. Is this ok with the spool or is there extra clearance with the 416X?
I built this car for another driver and he requested the diffs high (because of the very large diameter Xenon tyres). I carefully shaved some material from the front bulkhead caps for them to clear the outdrives.

The car is finished now but not many more pictures of it since I needed to get it built and sent today. I will take my time to get some more pics when I build my own car.

Nothing special to report from the rest of the build really...or at least nothing I can think of now after building the car until 03:30 AM last night

Obviously comes with 3 hole pistons and blue & yellow springs and the normal yellow 400 oil Everything fit together just right, no need for extra shims or anything.
kentech is offline  
Old 11-26-2009, 07:49 AM
  #7233  
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

@kentech
we should check your blog more often
yokemad is offline  
Old 11-26-2009, 01:29 PM
  #7234  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milano, Italy
Posts: 304
Default

Originally Posted by kentech View Post
I built this car for another driver and he requested the diffs high (because of the very large diameter Xenon tyres). I carefully shaved some material from the front bulkhead caps for them to clear the outdrives.

The car is finished now but not many more pictures of it since I needed to get it built and sent today. I will take my time to get some more pics when I build my own car.

Nothing special to report from the rest of the build really...or at least nothing I can think of now after building the car until 03:30 AM last night

Obviously comes with 3 hole pistons and blue & yellow springs and the normal yellow 400 oil Everything fit together just right, no need for extra shims or anything.
Hi Kentech,
what diff high means? Could you post the pic, please? And why use diff high with Xenon tyres?

Any feed back are appreciate.

thanks.
lynx75 is offline  
Old 11-26-2009, 08:21 PM
  #7235  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lynx75 View Post
Hi Kentech,
what diff high means? Could you post the pic, please? And why use diff high with Xenon tyres?

Any feed back are appreciate.

thanks.
Diffs high means the eccentric bearing holders are upside down which elevates the diff in the car. The xenon tyres are bigger than most other brands so your car rides high on them, to compensate you reduce the spring preload and as a result the arms angle up a bit. By running the diffs high in this scenario the uni's will be straighter and transfer power better.

Who is the car fro kentech? sounds like a top driver if they are worried about that kinda thing
CraigM is offline  
Old 11-26-2009, 11:48 PM
  #7236  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (14)
 
penmark67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 791
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default yep

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
Yeah and were not guaranteed we will get all the order that we PAID for isnt that right MR MARKET (told you i wouldnt let it go !!!!!!!!)

See you on your next Thread MR MARKET !!!!!!!!!!

some one rattled your cage Mark LOL
Yeah , the plonker shafted me on an order and flattly refused to re-emberse or resend the items, I even offered to pay shipping !!!!!!!

So..........Im stalking him on every thread I see him on (payback is sweet)

Catch ya Phil
penmark67 is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 01:27 AM
  #7237  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 932
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lynx75 View Post
Hi Kentech,
what diff high means? Could you post the pic, please? And why use diff high with Xenon tyres?

Any feed back are appreciate.

thanks.
CraigM gave you the full explanation

Originally Posted by CraigM View Post

Who is the car fro kentech? sounds like a top driver if they are worried about that kinda thing
A former Finnish TC champion (2008).
kentech is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 01:40 AM
  #7238  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,267
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

TRF416X
http://bbs.rc-evo.com/viewthread.php?tid=154541
RC MARKET is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 06:59 AM
  #7239  
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

hi guys
I just realized I've ordered old 51068 1D block for FF ...
I've ordered split D blocks for FR
should I have to order new block 54072 or is that ok to use 51068?
what's the difference
Thanx in advance
yokemad is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 07:15 AM
  #7240  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Toh WL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Setapak
Posts: 3,567
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Btw when is the official launch of the 416X in Europe & US. Will they be officially launch same date?
Toh WL is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 12:34 PM
  #7241  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 932
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Forgot to post these - a few more photos from building the first TRF416X.

I'll start building my own soon
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-img_8222.jpg   Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-img_8225.jpg   Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-img_8226.jpg   Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-img_8228.jpg  
kentech is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 12:35 PM
  #7242  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,682
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by yokemad View Post
hi guys
I just realized I've ordered old 51068 1D block for FF ...
I've ordered split D blocks for FR
should I have to order new block 54072 or is that ok to use 51068?
what's the difference
Thanx in advance
I think the only difference you will find is that the engraving for the identification of the block might not be in the same font as the new style, everything else should be the same.
Johnny Wishbone is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 12:38 PM
  #7243  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,682
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kentech View Post
Forgot to post these - a few more photos from building the first TRF416X.

I'll start building my own soon
Does the car come with the steering brace? Or was it left off per the customers request?
Johnny Wishbone is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 02:10 PM
  #7244  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,267
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kentech View Post
Forgot to post these - a few more photos from building the first TRF416X.

I'll start building my own soon
Good Show !
RC MARKET is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 04:15 PM
  #7245  
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
I think the only difference you will find is that the engraving for the identification of the block might not be in the same font as the new style, everything else should be the same.
Thanx Mate
yokemad is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.