Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 11-16-2009, 01:14 PM
  #7096  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,726
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Stilo View Post
With these big diameter Xenon tires diffs up seems to be the best option to have to get the driveshafts runing more lined up, so clearance to the chassis is not a problem. I think there will be enough gap even when running diffs low. There is also a possibility that rear diff will come loose as it is running another direction from what it is designed for, hopefully it wont..

Picture after the mod

Im really looking forward to test my car in this setup.
Unless you space the top shock mounts with washers when you run the diffs high it will rub on the mount, the rear one might work but the front will definately have clearence problems.
Johnny Wishbone is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 04:52 PM
  #7097  
Tech Apprentice
 
Stilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 64
Default

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Unless you space the top shock mounts with washers when you run the diffs high it will rub on the mount, the rear one might work but the front will definately have clearence problems.
You need to take some material off the upper bulkheads in front, as spool outdrive sleeves will rub to the bulkheads under the upper link mounting points. A bit of work with dremel tool and its fine. Pulley is not even close to the actual shockmount.

And for the top deck:
Stilo is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 05:25 PM
  #7098  
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

Thanx a lot Dude
yokemad is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 07:59 PM
  #7099  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,140
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Stilo View Post
You need to take some material off the upper bulkheads in front, as spool outdrive sleeves will rub to the bulkheads under the upper link mounting points. A bit of work with dremel tool and its fine. Pulley is not even close to the actual shockmount.

And for the top deck:
I wonder the effect of this method same as removing 4 screws (rear:2 / front: 2) from the top deck; as I think both methods would increase chassis flex.

I did this, I have tonnes of steering and the car is very easy to drive. I lower the roll centre (front: 3mm / rear: 3mm), the car is responsive and faster thru the corners. Any1 tried?
jonest is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 08:05 PM
  #7100  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
correcaminos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: spirit river
Posts: 770
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Easy question , I bougth a trf 416 we used . Where can I find the owners manual.?
Thanks
correcaminos is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 08:15 PM
  #7101  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,140
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by correcaminos View Post
Easy question , I bougth a trf 416 we used . Where can I find the owners manual.?
Thanks
I think u cam try Tamiya USA website
jonest is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 09:35 PM
  #7102  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jonest View Post
I wonder the effect of this method same as removing 4 screws (rear:2 / front: 2) from the top deck; as I think both methods would increase chassis flex.
I would think the car would tweak easily with only 2 screws in the front

For those cutting your decks, just keep in mind that you can go too far with making the car flex, and if that happens you'll lose corner speed and stability, especially in sweepers
CraigM is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 10:11 PM
  #7103  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 133
Default

Originally Posted by correcaminos View Post
Easy question , I bougth a trf 416 we used . Where can I find the owners manual.?
Thanks
http://www.tamiyausa.com/pdf/manuals/42138ml.pdf
gimpex is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 11:20 PM
  #7104  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
correcaminos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: spirit river
Posts: 770
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Thanks , now which is the front end ?
I had race off road for some time now and I'm learning the on road craft ,I wish races were longer .One mistake and you are B main.
correcaminos is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 12:18 AM
  #7105  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (85)
 
entitymugenmtx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northridge ca
Posts: 2,248
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Wanted to know where I can pick up a set of diff cover stickers

thanks David
entitymugenmtx is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 01:00 AM
  #7106  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 133
Default

Originally Posted by entitymugenmtx View Post
Wanted to know where I can pick up a set of diff cover stickers

thanks David
Is this what you looking for ? 53970

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-trf...0-p-24633.html
gimpex is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 06:04 AM
  #7107  
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

Stay away from RcMart These guys are Too Slow !
2 days past and my orders still not Posted I do recommend RCMARKET never had to wait that Long with them
yokemad is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 06:10 AM
  #7108  
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

Thats what I'm worrying about ....
Cutting rear only sound like a better idea

Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
I would think the car would tweak easily with only 2 screws in the front

For those cutting your decks, just keep in mind that you can go too far with making the car flex, and if that happens you'll lose corner speed and stability, especially in sweepers
yokemad is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 06:22 AM
  #7109  
Tech Apprentice
 
Stilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 64
Default

Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
For those cutting your decks, just keep in mind that you can go too far with making the car flex, and if that happens you'll lose corner speed and stability, especially in sweepers
Well it worked really good all over the track on high grip conditions and it was tested with almost 10 different drivers and everyone thinked that it was a big improvemet. So the risk of the mod not working seems to be low, and you can just buy a new top deck for a bit over 10$ to have less flex if needed.
Stilo is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 06:25 AM
  #7110  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
Keith Billanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: BUFFALO
Posts: 1,794
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

anyone know of a US based company that carries 4 degree castor blocks in aluminum? (3 racing or the like)

I went through 5 carbon caster blocks this past weekend.

also need spoolcups...
Keith Billanti is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.